1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Update to 2.0 - feedback

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by kankalin, Aug 13, 2012.

Share This Page

1. kankalin

kankalin Guest

Dear testers,

you can find the changelog and announcements about the update in this thread.

Feel free to post your feedback here (once you have any ;) )!

2. Hades2

Hades2 Guest

It's a nice changelog.
    We will see how great it looks next week :)

3. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

when founders get the sneak peak to choose there town locations will they be able to see quest locations like for example the indian village for the dailies etc.. or will we just have to be lucky??
    towns on normal worlds will know these locations as they will find out when we go 2.0 so perhaps it would be fair if we to could know before hand

4. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

just to be sure, xp that we have already gained (after reaching lvl 120 for example) will be tripled too, right?

so we will see our character crossing high mountains and walking on water? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  5. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    The travelling is like having way points?
    If we cancel the travel will we get back to the start or stop on the place where we are at that moment?

6. Leones

Leones The West Team

Something like that, yes :)

7. melkon

melkon Guest

You will see the questLocations, but you don't know which questEmployers will be there.

Technically, travelling is the same as in pre 2.0 - you will stand at position A until the way is finished, then jump to B. The animation is only a visual improvement.

8. CaseyJones

CaseyJones Guest

So if it takes an hour to travel to point B - the animation will run for the whole time?

9. Seekhunt

Seekhunt Reservist

Hey all.

What should i do if i am a new player who would like to start up here when 2.0 is released.
    At the moment i play on the danish world. And have played the west in many years.
    So i am looking forward to this update.

So as a new player, should i just create / log into my account when ever the world is updated and ready for "normal" play?

Edit: and i can only sign into Alamogordo, and not the Amchitka world, which should be updated next week?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  10. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

11. Seekhunt

Seekhunt Reservist

Just seen it.

But is it only me or are we really close on the map? I would like to zoom out a view or 2 so i could see more of the map.

12. Daddl

Daddl Guest

It would be nice if you could see on the minimap in the left corner which piece of the map you actually see and if the positions of the fort would be marked.

Will the positions of the forts be changed? I think I saw two big fort at the sides of one sector.

13. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

they could add a little white square, like the one on current minimap, for better orientation.... now its just impossible to find a good spot
    /damn, Daddl was one minute faster :D

14. orgo

orgo Guest

I just wanted to say that the map artwork is fantastic. I'm very excited about this update. It will reinvigorate the game.

15. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    Looks great, best update in a long time in my opinion.

Couple of questions about town migration; are the town's forums migrated over and the town treasury too?

16. Seekhunt

Seekhunt Reservist

Not to spam, but posting this again as i would like to know :-P

So as a new player, should i just create / log into my account when ever the world is updated and ready for "normal" play?

and i can only sign into Alamogordo, and not the Amchitka world, which should be updated next week?

17. melkon

melkon Guest

We might implement something like that but for now we're busy preparing everything for the beta-world launches.

Fort places will be revisited again and are subject to change. Most of them should be fine though.

Do as you please - the beta world (Alamogordo) is a beta world in the first place. You will receive updates sooner to test them, but they also might break things. The live-worlds will generally get more stable updates.

Amchitka is a beta limited to selected players. Alamogordo will most likely receive the update somewhere during the next week.

18. Seekhunt

Seekhunt Reservist

ok Thanks melkon. And as far as i could read, it will be 2 weeks before alamogordo is update ( a week after amchitka )
    Thats why i asked :-)

19. Kraaky

Kraaky Guest

I sincerely hope all fort positions will be fixed BEFORE we can choose a town spot on any normal worlds? Or else what's the point to reserve a nice spot for your town next to a fort if it's gonna change lol.

And like some others already suggested an orientation point on the mini map would really really help.

So far looking good and keep up the good work.

20. melkon

melkon Guest

There will be a point before release where the map will be finalized. Until then, fort places might change depending on the input we receive during beta testing.

Here you go. It's not exactly what you're viewing, but should be close enough to get an idea where you actually are.