• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.87 discussion

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
I also do this for a living and probably the same nice living too.So we both know how the mind of the programmer's is working .So why complaining?
I can also provide a full documentation if you want of what should people expect from a beta test server.
Let me know ;)

Best rergards

Then why are you arguing about it, you should know that code in this state should not reach beta stage, it would not happen in my world

asdf124

Private First Class
Then why are you arguing about it, you should know that code in this state should not reach beta stage, it would not happen in my world
Beta is the new alpha world here, I just can’t believe how much you complain.

You make it sound like the devs only have this game to worry about. When in fact, their is always more important things to care about. Why do you make it seem the end of the world is beyond me.

The deadline for this questlines should be before it is released to none test servers.

5 days minimum.

DeletedUser1406

This is just to keep you informed what a beta test server means.
https://www.centercode.com/blog/2011/01/alpha-vs-beta-testing
Just read the What testers should expect
Sometimes it`s best to be informed before posting stuff ;)

If you follow that guide then you could easily realise that this is actually not a beta server.

They do have an "alpha" server but it's barely used for anything. Actually, they expect that this is actually the alpha server, where bugs should be found, as they have zero internal QA and zero consideration for user experience/feedback.

They release an update every second week here, then they will release it to "live" worlds even if you guys like it or not, even if the update is completely broken and nothing really works :p.

Consider these words from a guy that knows what the "behind the scenes" actually look like :p (not that it was really needed, this is something anyone from outside could easily notice)

(Also damn it took me a while to find my password)

Last edited by a moderator:

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
They release an update every second week here, then they will release it to "live" worlds even if you guys like it or not, even if the update is completely broken and nothing really works :p.

Which is exactly what they've just done, questline is now live on *.net, second part of the questline bugged

DeletedUser3951

Would be nice if they actually used the test-servers for testing, instead of just another cash cow. But then again, where would the profit be in that...

DeletedUser1406

Would be nice if they actually used the test-servers for testing, instead of just another cash cow. But then again, where would the profit be in that...
You can also blame the player base here. I think public beta probably had the most narcissistic player base in the entire game. Most people were busy achievement hunting or collecting items instead of contributing with anything useful to the game (even if we just agreed that wasn't the point of a "beta" stage of a product but meh, it would've been nice to have), and I'm not talking specifically bug hunting, I mean actual constructive input regarding whatever wacky items were released or balancing :p. Because of that, public beta became a huge source of income and therefore it's nothing but a "cash cow". (statement based on no official data, just a personal observation)

We can spend the entire day throwing blame around, it still won't fix anything. If you don't like something in life and you can't fix it, just run away from it as far as you can.

(Also damn I managed to forget my password few days after I logged in. Oh yeah, this is probably the last comment I'll leave (as I just generated some controversial topic), try to be nice w/ Leones, he actually has no fault in this. xshteff, out)

Last edited by a moderator: