• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.135 Discussion

Harsha.1

Private First Class
Good that you patched some of the Union Paciffic Bonds exploits before Black Friday ;), it could be very bad

Best way to do it would be to increase the cost of the items in the UPS shop. For example, a trivial work instructions from 23 to 50 bonds. Then if there were a 50% discount, it'd drop to 25 bonds, with Angus giving 23 bonds. In that way it can't be exploited.

I think removing the bond rewards altogether is unnecessary, as that's proved to be a handy feature.

bidliz

Private
Maybe a month ago at the hungarian speed server (reach the highest town point with construction), players glitched the up shop discount (70-80% maybe), and they bought many work instructions for almost free. After shopping, they went to Angus to make a good deal. So for 3-8 bonds, they get 23/39.

At the end of the journey, they bought the worker set for "free" , and they made a lvl 4 set to build their own towns for nuggets.

(Btw I wasn't there, just ppl said to me too the whole story. Cool, right?)

SisterAbigail

Reservist
I dont see the point in removing the bonds from Angus, after all that was the only thing he was good for.

More than a month ago I reached the 3k bonds limit just with fort battles and daily quests. I turned to Angus, bought a couple of work instructions so I could store my bonds until Christmas. Well, seems like I wont be able to store them, so thank you I guess.

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
angus is even faster useless than the trader.
well done InnoGames.
that it took so long for you to discover that bad calculating in work instructions?
I already saw it on day one by listing the missions.
just put the bonds on items you can't buy
those damn speed buffs like horseshoe for example.

asdf124

Private First Class
Best way to do it would be to increase the cost of the items in the UPS shop. For example, a trivial work instructions from 23 to 50 bonds. Then if there were a 50% discount, it'd drop to 25 bonds, with Angus giving 23 bonds. In that way it can't be exploited.

I think removing the bond rewards altogether is unnecessary, as that's proved to be a handy feature.
Best way to do it is simply by removing the ability for the items to gain a sale. IE excluded from getting a sale in the first place.

SisterAbigail

Reservist
We might be adding different quests at Angus which reward bonds :)
Thats just so offensive towards the players. The moment you introduced Angus you knew it very well that players will use him for the purpose of storing bonds, because of the 3k limit. We are already packed up, yet we have to buy buffs so its not wasted. Thank you again

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Thats just so offensive towards the players. The moment you introduced Angus you knew it very well that players will use him for the purpose of storing bonds, because of the 3k limit. We are already packed up, yet we have to buy buffs so its not wasted. Thank you again
Such feedback has already been passed on. Just to make sure there is no confusion over it, not all quests that rewarded bonds were taken out and more will be added.

asdf124

Private First Class
Such feedback has already been passed on. Just to make sure there is no confusion over it, not all quests that rewarded bonds were taken out and more will be added.
Sounds like thats an insane overreach, from the update description I would have thought you just simply removed the quest reward of bonds.

Now you make it sound like you removed the whole quest.

Guess someone in the Hungarian event was utterly pissed off.

Edit:
Angus McGuffin and bonds rewards
We have removed bonds as a reward from some quests.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Sounds like thats an insane overreach, from the update description I would have thought you just simply removed the quest reward of bonds.

Edit:
Angus McGuffin and bonds rewards
We have removed bonds as a reward from some quests.

That is correct, we have removed the bond rewards from some of the quests, and some new quests had been added. These should go live on the local markets soon.