• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.134 discussion

Zulus

Private
Leones,

do you really feel ok with passing us such news?

There has been a missing item in the event since the very start and you guys have changed the look of an NPC avatar because he looked a bit like a zombie?

Maybe next update pierce a nose or an ear of some of the indian NPC's to achieve a more ethinic look. Just an idea as it looks like you guys have no other pressing issues to fix first.

DeletedUser500

do you really feel ok with passing us such news?
I understand where you're coming from, but posting these non-updates is a stable source of income in an unstable world, and all assertively standing up for the community's needs - when the company lacks the infrastructure or capacity to actually or in a timely manner fix the vast scope of accumulated problems we have - will do is see Leones replaced by someone who's never cared about the west, and hopefully we get new management, and the beta world will be less of a complete joke of feedback ignorance one day - we will need a top tier CoMa like Leones for this vital part of the games development process, when we actually have a proper development process again, that is.

I also note on several servers' forums that the community managers are often scapegoats for dissatisfaction at the company, when literally all they do is post what (mis-)management have decided, then pass on our feedback to be mostly ignored by higher-ups.
If I could achieve nothing other than directing the heat away from the devs and community managers and towards the responsible people who actually take these detrimental decisions, I'll be happy, because I hate reading posts bashing the wrong people.

Small rant aside heres some actual feedback about the update. Credit where it's due as always, updating the legacy sets is really nice, no idea if the "native american" (you know because Indian is an ignorant and derogatory term when referring to native Americans, and indians live on another continent) set will be viable relative to tombola-era sets, but still a baby step in the right direction for one of our big issues. Is it resources being spent in the wrong place as there are more pressing issues? Yes. But it's still a positive.... honestly anything unrelated to a tombola, milking the dying breaths of this once-great game, is a positive at this point, so low are my standards now.
Plus that artwork was absolutely horrible before, its barely better now tbf. and I think aesthetics are vitally important to any game, so fair play. Again there are more Important things to do, but maybe not for the art department who seemed to be reduced to a revolving door of interns copy/paste and re-colouring tombola gear, and new assets are often to a less than professional standard.

Edit: I guess he wasn't

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser500

Fort battle changes have been added to the changelog since I commented before, awesome to see, in whatever capacity they come in.

tenor.gif

Harsha.1

Private First Class
It's great to know we're finally seeing the fruits of the formula changes and testing program that started some months back. Maybe the distance and structure bonuses changes will reduce the impact of Captain's and Union's sets on battles. But, will need to watch and see how their overall impact unfolds in the regular servers. Improvements to the structure bonus of the buildings are also needed.

P.S: Sorry to see you go, @Leones , you were a pretty good manager with an outstanding knowledge of the game and exemplary patience in the face of the playerbase voicing their disagreements over various aspects. Good luck with whatever duties you take up next.

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Fort battle changes have been added to the changelog since I commented before, awesome to see, in whatever capacity they come in.

tenor.gif

Yep duelers on class tower with aim chance 260 and soldiers on class with 190 dodge chance. Now whole attack team should make captain's set LVL5 in order to survive at least 20 rounds :)

DeletedUser500

Ah yes because focusing fire doesn't exist and defenders totally control the LoS. Never mind the fact that defenders on towers is currently non-viable (which alone breaks the game), and trying something new is desperately needed to claw back some semblance of balance. You seem to be the tactical equivalent of cavalry full-frontal charging a spear-wall then moaning that it didn't work, on the basis that you believe it should.

ik3pTXl.png

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Ah yes because focusing fire doesn't exist and defenders totally control the LoS. Never mind the fact that defenders on towers is currently non-viable (which alone breaks the game), and trying something new is desperately needed to claw back some semblance of balance. You seem to be the tactical equivalent of cavalry full-frontal charging a spear-wall then moaning that it didn't work, on the basis that you believe it should.

ik3pTXl.png

First of all, you are the same random for me as I am for you.

Secondly, if defense sits inside 100% built fort during the whole battle, that's the problem of defense :)

As generally attack commander, what I normally deal with is 80+ % online players that all know attacking arrangement with prepared advents on all sides. So yes, the defense has pretty nice control over the battlefield and is extremely hard to win against.

So please get me rid of your comments ;)

P.S. And if somebody wants nice fort battles, join us at RU18. I can give personal orders in English for you guys.

DeletedUser500

First of all, you are the same random for me as I am for you.

Secondly, if defense sits inside 100% built fort during the whole battle, that's the problem of defense :)

As generally attack commander, what I normally deal with is 80+ % online players that all know attacking arrangement with prepared advents on all sides. So yes, the defense has pretty nice control over the battlefield and is extremely hard to win against.

So please get me rid of your comments ;)

P.S. And if somebody wants nice fort battles, join us at RU18. I can give personal orders in English for you guys.
Well if you only lead attacks, no wonder you're scared of any changes to equalise the sides in battle.

I've watched a couple of the RU18 battles since you suggested something might be different there - aside from fighting over unbuilt forts with 120 players in total, you guys have both low total HP and hardly any damage classes (counted about 20 in total with damage builds, compared to 40 per side on other worlds), and perhaps even no Union Sets on the entire game world, a unique combination indeed.
I don't particularly think we should cater exclusively to new worlds like RU18, most of the playerbase is on the old stable worlds as far as I know. In fact I believe new worlds only serve to split the shrinking player-base, and should all be merged into established PvP worlds where possible.

Also, indeed defenders control initial access to the towers, and by extension some of the LoS by letting attackers up while blocking the rest, but they have no control over where the attack decides to shot with their crit-machines, which leave Adventurers with up to 6k vulnerable in 1 round - and to oversimplify it, all it takes is a private advent from the attack side to set and go on to control that tower for the rest of the battle, due to blind-spots inside the fort.

You may also note the changes in distance penalty, making sniping from towers less viable, and hopefully attackers managing their LoS correctly will eventually force defenders down from the towers, once their damage phase has moved to the turtle phase - and let me iterate the importance of the damage phase for defenders, without it, the only option is to turtle from the start and hope you have enough HP to survive for 55 rounds, which they usually don't, against a proper and competent opposition. I don't believe your RU18 defence tactics would be competitive outside of RU with much higher ratio of damagers to tanks already existing.

If it turns out towers are too strong, I'll change my mind and argue for balance as always, but for now it's the best step in the right direction we've taken in literally years, and I, for one, am excited about the potential.

asdf124

Private First Class

tenor.gif

Wouldn't these changes make worker class the most overpowered class for fort battles?

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Base values of different sized Forts were different too (during tests) , is that changed?

Also what of Buildings?
Wouldn't these changes make worker class the most overpowered class for fort battles?
Damager Workers will be OP, somewhat, yes.
Tanks, not so much. Maybe WT only. (Still not enough Hp)

In any case (any) Tanks don't really get to live longer.

Towers give too much Attack bonus something Damagers always get to have via Skills anyway, while Tanks must heavily invest in Hp + Default Attack bonus being higher than Defense..
& of course, the ever-present Insane Damages of last 5 years or so.

Ps. Distance penalty should be (offensive) stat based too.

Lordofgods

Private
About the Distance Penalty:
The new formula is somewhat like this : Y=X ^1,4, where X is the total number of fields and Y is the penalty of X distance.

Is it stabilizing at the 15 fields mark? (As was the previous iteration, I believe) So for ex: at 16 fields and 30 fields both would have a Penalty of the same value, being 44?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Be aware that there might be an issue, for some players, with equipping the Indian set after its new change. I have reported this possible bug and will of course offer a solution once this has been confirmed

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Yea I've figured that but base values of Towers were different too if I recall correctly.
Meaning, Level 3 of a Small wouldn't be same as Medium or Big's

Or am I mistaken?