• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.128 discussion

SisterAbigail

Reservist
Raider, personally I dont understand your point. You indicate that tanks should be able to tank for more than 2 rounds, why would that be better?
Aaand, sector resistance bonus cannot work because of The Summer Spirits set, the damage would not be enough for either side to win the battle if the sector bonus is used well.

The damage increase that the new formula introduced is still superior to the new resistance formula, resistence should be increasd with 120-150 based on builds.
The distance penalty in my opinion is a good way to solve the currently existing problems overall.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Raider, personally I dont understand your point. You indicate that tanks should be able to tank for more than 2 rounds, why would that be better?
Whats there not to understand?

I'm/We are sick of bailing as soon as Attackers enter to our LoS every battle and giving Towers (& Walls) to Attackers and seeing them use 'em much longer than Defenders. Or becoming practically useless within 2 rounds till the end of the battle (That is, if you survive somehow)

Rather have unbuilt Forts instead of that..
sector resistance bonus cannot work because of The Summer Spirits set, the damage would not be enough for either side to win the battle if the sector bonus is used well.
It's just one of the questions. I don't of course expect all of the things I listed to happen. It's the unfairness I'm pointing to.
The distance penalty in my opinion is a good way to solve the currently existing problems overall.
It seems to be a lame way after seeing things like 6 hits 40 misses and thats without updated Tower etc bonuses.

Besides, still not enough.

Last edited:

Newez

Reservist
(And yes, I know that we need to "equalize" the skills, but soldier has 50% bonus in leadership)
(If you try to equalize the damage will be lesser)

Hey, correct me if I'm mistaken, but soldier's leadership bonus (at least on current "battle engine") only counts towards HIT / DODGE (attack / defense if you want) chances, but has no effect on the damage formula.

Lordofgods

Private
6 hits 40 misses
Both players that had 6/40 and 6/42 were always in the edge of the map (offline) shooting to people in towers, sometimes furthering the 15 distance.
I too see that for a lot of the time they were shooting to people less than 15 Distance. This is importante because this new penalty change only differs for values higher than the 15 distance mark.
People shooting in less then 15 Distance should expect their hit ratio be effectevely the same from before.

HOWEVER , by analizing the battle and some dating earlier...We can see that the player penabranca1 they player who had a score of 6/40 in the Hawai fort Battle (22/06) also in a battle previous to the distance penalty change also had a score of 8/25. I don't know if his build changed that much ( I can ask him, He is from my server), and that are a bunch of other factors to this. But comparing these 2 Battles where the player stayed in the edge of the map the whole battle, its safe to assume that it is roughly according to the changes that this would get worse for this type of battle (where you stay in the back for the whole time).

So...no it isn't the "normal" now having 6/40. It simply encorages people to get closer to the enemy. I personally like these changes.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Enforcing non-casualness and following topics is something I am all for.
But Defense seems to have been obliterated anyhow.

I think mounted Attackers is harder to kill now too.
Should perhaps make Tower bonuses different for Attackers and Defenders, like Flag not giving penalty for Defenders.
Or making those bonuses work only when shooting outwards, which kinda makes sense reality wise too. But not sure how would that fare codding wise.
Hey, correct me if I'm mistaken, but soldier's leadership bonus (at least on current "battle engine") only counts towards HIT / DODGE (attack / defense if you want) chances, but has no effect on the damage formula.
It gives both Resist and Damage now.
But Resist bonus became like 5 at max (premium) with the latest formula change while Damage stays around 15-20.

I don't think not making Skills equal will affect the Soldier negatively though.
I mean.. For example.. 700-700-700-1050 (with bonus) still better than 700-700-700-700, no?

I'm not sure if 764-764-764-508 (762 with bonus) would be better than that though? And not sure if it's calculated that way either.

Last edited:

Newez

Reservist
It gives both Resist and Damage now.
But Resist bonus became like 5 at max (premium) with the latest formula change while Damage stays around 15-20.

I am quite sure that on current patch the leadership bonus does not affect the damage. There are two players on CZ10 server (Arizona), who have same gear (Union) and roughly same stats (2k leadership) - one is soldier, the other one adventurer and in long run their damage is quite equal. I think that 1k leadership bonus would make a difference.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Non of the formula changes made it to the normal servers yet.. Only Event and Beta.
I did my tests myself on Event server and Soldiers do effect them both. Although on a very small scale.

Newez

Reservist
So with the new formulas the soldier class bonus (finally) affects the damage? Looks like soldiers got the most of the new system.

DeletedUser500

For what it's worth, the soldier bonus has been "broken" for years, and was recently fixed as part of these changes. It just does what i's supposed to now/again.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
So with the new formulas the soldier class bonus (finally) affects the damage? Looks like soldiers got the most of the new system.
Like I said, max 5 resist and 15-20 Damage with Premium.
Don't even try full Leadership (I did) :D

Newez

Reservist
Like I said, max 5 resist and 15-20 Damage with Premium.
Don't even try full Leadership (I did) :D

Yeah, I didn't even think about that. But the 50% bonus could be used for tuning with other skills. I find that quite usefull as you have left more skills to spend on aiming, hiding, traps, hp (hp bonus is great on its own for avoiding the hp dmg penalty). If you manage to optimize that it could make a huge difference.

antihero

Private
Today awesomia battle: in 29 rounds i got 129 dodges with full hp, mobility atribute with lvl 136. Before changes, i could get like 20-40 at maximum. Now distance is bit overpowered. I like it, but i dont thing this can stay as it is.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Something is odd with hit ratios indeed.

But I'm more concerned of this!!
Screenshot_4.png

1251 Avg dmg as 18k Hp!! wth!

I mean, I know how, put on Union gear + Golden mount, ez pz.
Point is, to hell with Sector Dmg multiplier & Union Officer madness.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4484

unknown.png

Just funny how big hits person with such eq will do and people that stand near him with eq like these
unknown.png

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Apparently..
it's Distance ^ 1.6 not x 1.6 :hmf:

Reaches to -121 at 20 distance..
For the record, the distance malus has always been distance^1.2

In the Wiki it is listed as a table of integers, which is misleading.

Since the malus with distance * 1.6 on large distances would be even better than the old formula, I rather assume that the new formula is distance^1.6.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Is it possible to lower the duration between rounds of Big Forts thou?
Or is it not healthy for the obsolete codes/server?

Lordofgods

Private
The information I've received is that the distance penalty was changed from distance^0.6 before this update to distance x 1.6.
Before distance penalty was Distance^0.6 ??? It's not what the wiki said... (Image Below)
penalidade distancia.png
From the Net wiki