• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.117 discussion

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Dunno if that potion will encourage forever-Low-Level duelers to go a little bit higher and duel "real" duelers instead of newbies.

Afterall, person with higher Upgrades wins anyway. There is no depth left in this part of the game either.
Apart from switching to Defensive set when you think (or know, through the "illegal" Duel warner script) someone is dueling you that is.

Probably not new but..
http://prntscr.com/qq7p1w
Well, someone forgot to mention the part that upgraded Forts are way harder to defend.. Cause Towers and Walls are used by Attackers much longer than Defenders and buildings aren't that effective (and exposed to Gate LoS) :D

Non-existent Shop tho :(

Mr. Perseus

Reservist
Afterall, person with higher Upgrades wins anyway. There is no depth left in this part of the game either.
Apart from switching to Defensive set when you think (or know, through the "illegal" Duel warner script) someone is dueling you that is.

It is not illegal! Who suggested it was illegal?

How will those potions be available? In the Shop for Nuggets/Bonds? Will it affect the Duel XP shown in the ranking.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
The potions will likely be available in the shop for nuggets/bonds, but only after we're satisfied with the testing of the free potions :)

The duel experience in the ranking should not be affected, only the experience that currently counts towards your duel level.

DeletedUser872

Personally, I think the idea is very good but you need to balance it. The buff shouldn't be used always when you want. In my opinion it should have these features:

-Usable once every 4 months (3 times\year)
-Usable only for those between level 400 and 450 (or 350+)
-It should reduce not a % but a fix value like 50 levels or 75 -> if the usable range is 400+ it can reduce the duel level to 350 or 325.

To me you need to do that to find a good balance between those who want to duel (and especially duel more with more opponent) and those who don't want to duel. At the end, the main problem is for the highest duel level where some player have very few opponents available, not for low and mid duel levels.

Clearly, this item would be only part of the solution for the duel problem. You should also do other things like:
-increase the % of duel level auto-reduce if you do not do any duels in attack. Currently it's a ridiculus 1% every 45 days, it should be like 3-5% or 3% every 30 days (to be tested)
-weekly\monthly\yearly rankings with rewards
-new achievements
-half the time to do a duel (10 minutes is boring->5 minutes)
-if possibile, a little chance to drop something with duels

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
-increase the % of duel level auto-reduce if you do not do any duels in attack. Currently it's a ridiculus 1% every 45 days, it should be like 3-5% or 3% every 30 days (to be tested)
It's currently 1% of duel level experience per week. Given that, do you still think the decay rate should be increased?

Also, the new item has a cooldown of 7 days, is that fair or should that be higher/lower?

mxj1

Private First Class
It could be good for people with very high duel lv who can see 1-5 player max. For someone like me who is losing 4 duels after every 2 duels won, who want to be at 160-170 lv constant it'll be pretty useless
axky6Ij.png
, cuz on my duel acc I have ~2.5k pvp xp so using it would give me -250 - the same amount as losing ONE duel with someone ~30 lvls above me xD.
Also IMO whole pvp exp should be somehow revamped, now losing against weaker player than you drops us less xp points than losing against higher lv than us (XDDDv1), also if you want to stay at one pvp lv to reach as many people as you want is kinda hard now. You need to constant refill energy and motivation and sometimes health. (because you drop less xp if you have less duel motivation XDDDv2) Also if you have aim/dodge build you need to use old bible with 0-0 dmg to never damage someone, because half of duels ends 0dmg vs 0 dmg and attacker, you , loses)
Imo if you want for this item to sell you'd need to buff % of lost exp a little bit, How many weeks it would take for someone with, for example 350lv on pretty dead server who seees 2-3 players , to drop lv to 200-230 ?

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
A one week cooldown is too long, as to get from Duel Level 443 to Duel Level 200 will take over 7 weeks
The cooldown on all the buffs is way too long and now this
How about 3 days cooldown on this new buff, which would be much preferred?
I also think duels should take 5 mins instead of 10 mins, as what is being accomplished by waiting 10 mins to complete a duel
It's the same as a 10 min cooldown on buffs
They should also be a 5 min cooldown
Please implement these recommendations and stop wasting so much of our time

DeletedUser500

I think we need to be very careful with the cool down, as the purpose of duel level is to have all the duellers rightfully fighting against each other instead of trash duelling berry pickers. However with the state of duelling in the game, and lack of an alternative like reducing maximum duel level by 50 levels, this could sort of work by giving top duellers more than 5 targets. Its just years too late to be effective in retaining duelling players.

I also like the idea billy had of limiting the duel range in which you can use it to 300 or so. If your duel level is that high, you're a dueller and should be fighting other high level duellers, not smashing people for months building up that duel level then buying a potion to negate the negative effects right away, and let you hide behind nuggets and a low duel level.

ancoonbar

Private
Imo if you want for this item to sell you'd need to buff % of lost exp a little bit, How many weeks it would take for someone with, for example 350lv on pretty dead server who seees 2-3 players , to drop lv to 200-230 ?

You would need like 19 potions for that, so 19 weeks under these circumstances. Which is kinda long. (assuming you don't lower/increase your duelling XP by other means)

Following the formula Duel XP = 46.619 * ((duel level-player level) ^ 1.6653)
To reach duellevel 350 you need 46.619 * ((350-150)^1.6653) = 316569 duel XP
To reach duellevel 210 you need 46.619 * ((210-150)^1.6653) = 42630 duel XP

Losing 10% of your current duel XP every week then means 316569*0.9^X needs to be 42630
with X then approximately 19.

Formula from: https://wiki.the-west.fr/wiki/Duels

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

Is the idea to give players an option to completely and quickly reduce their duel level to 150 or just to keep the level a bit lower so they can duel for more exp though? I dont see a problem with taking months to get your level down to baseline, level management was always a major part of duelling. You could speed the baseline duel level process up by losing duels too.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I just used one of those buffs assuming my Duel Level would drop by 10%
It reduced my Duel exp by 10% not my duel level, so it went from 442 to 425
Based on those figures it will take over 4 months to get to Duel Level 200
Screw waiting for that, as I'm sick of support doing it their way :annoyed:
I'm finally done here o_O

mxj1

Private First Class
I just used one of those buffs assuming my Duel Level would drop by 10%
It reduced my Duel exp by 10% not my duel level, so it went from 442 to 425
Based on those figures it will take over 4 months to get to Duel Level 200
Screw waiting for that, as I'm sick of support doing it their way :annoyed:
I'm finally done here o_O
brpm6ZI.png
that's exacly like it should work xD, learn2read
Noone forbids you losing 2000 duels and dropping it manually faster

Harsha.1

Private First Class
Personally, I think this move at the least allows the players with really high duel levels on dead worlds to drop quickly and get more opponents to duel. I can see some players complaining it takes "too long", but again, before those potions appeared, it could take even longer to drop your duel level. The key here is to achieve some sort of balance, between allowing players with super high duel level to drop more quickly, while also maintaining the whole system of duel levels. If someone could drop from DL 450 to 150 in a fortnight, that would be pretty silly and we might as well scrape the whole duel level system altogether,

While we're here discussing reforms for dueling, there are a few things in particular - I've observed the phenomenon of certain players starting over and maintaining low level characters (level 40-60), getting top quality gear from their friends and then proceeding to duel other low levels and newbies, mostly because they are unable to cope up to dueling more evenly matched and experienced high level opponents. We should probably have measures like expanded KO protection of a week's time period for all players under level 99, more limited duel ranges if you are lower level and so on to discourage this practice.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I've observed the phenomenon of certain players starting over and maintaining low level characters (level 40-60), getting top quality gear from their friends and then proceeding to duel other low levels and newbies, mostly because they are unable to cope up to dueling more evenly matched and experienced high level opponents.

On my previous post I meant this and I'm not sure if the potion will encourage those so called Duelers (who only duel lowest level players and probably don't even take Login bonus Xp's) to go higher levels.

And on a side note, I was dueled by someone who has about 35 level higher Duel level than me, and by (somehow) winning I got 5 Duel level ups right away (from 150 to 155).
That's insane.

Probably it will take at least 5 duels to lose that duel exp.

Last edited: