• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.108 discussion

Harsha.1

Private First Class
I completely agree the crafting quests need to be reworked. I'm a premium worker who's a blacksmith and I'm not sure I'll easily finish my crafting quest. Battles don't happen frequently and fewer people are coming to battles - in the vast majority of the worlds there are roughly 3-4 FFs a week and most people can't be online for all of them. It'll be much harder for advents and soldier tanks to pull it off.

Some quests have two alternate requirements and it would be a good idea to keep them in place. For example, a smith could be asked to challenge 10 players to a duel as an alternative for completeing the quest. A tonic can be asked to win 2 advents to complete his quest and so on. This will be a way to ensure everything is fair and no one finds themselves at a disadvantage due to their class or how they are built.

mxj1

Private First Class
As people above me said, quests aren't really ballanced (and two of them are bugged right now xD),
saddler >> peddler/cook >>>>blacksmith, and blacksmiths one is too rng dependent, Imo it should be changed to sth like 10-20k damage dealt or something to do with duels for example.

DeletedUser872

so cancel all achievements then?
the longer you play the more achievements you got.
same goes with different kind of items or clothing sets.
so in fact you want to punish the oldest players for being old players? and keeping it up for so long?

It keeps the total amount going up, otherwise every old player would have had 100% years ago.
And another thing? "these kind"...what you mean exactly? cause we are discussion the latest craft missions that even can be done by new players if they craft that far? and got the recipes off course.

Cancel achievements? Punish players? Not at all!

I try to explain even better: at the moment, the "events" achievements provide achievements points that are counted in the achievement overview to reach the 100% of global completion. Ok?
The fact is that in the newer worlds (even not "so new" I can say), a lot of events never showed up because made before their opening date: so impossible reach 100%.

For that reason, I suggested what I wrote above. They can simply left the "events" sheet but IMHO their amount shoudn't be summed in the total amount or it is unfair, especially for newer worlds. OR not left as base number the total amount of achievents\events made but only the ones from the opening date of a specific world on.
And this is not a punish for veterans (like me, btw) but a fix to a game design issue.

For "these kind" I mean the event achievements only. Not sure if there are other types of achievements impossible to be gained in the new worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
Cancel achievements? Punish players? Not at all!

I try to explain even better: at the moment, the "events" achievements provide achievements points that are counted in the achievement overview to reach the 100% of global completion. Ok?
The fact is that in the newer worlds (even not "so new" I can say), a lot of events never showed up because made before their opening date: so impossible reach 100%.

For that reason, I suggested what I wrote above. They can simply left the "events" sheet but IMHO their amount shoudn't be summed in the total amount or it is unfair, especially for newer worlds. OR not left as base number the total amount of achievents\events made but only the ones from the opening date of a specific world on.
And this is not a punish for veterans (like me, btw) but a fix to a game design issue.

For "these kind" I mean the event achievements only. Not sure if there are other types of achievements impossible to be gained in the new worlds.

then they should just remove the event counting from the overview. problem solved