• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.103 discussion

mxj1

Private First Class
Not bad update, but few errors slipped:
Roberta Livingston's set bonus
"health": 0.8999999999999999,
"hide": 0.6000000000000001,
"pitfall": 0.6000000000000001,
should be rounded
also when equipping 5 items from this set we get all the skillpoints and attribute points and when equipping 6th item we only get +70 resistance XD and zero other skill points - look's like this set is designed to be used with spirit's set for nuggets xD (with wolf mask). Also 70 resistance only? This set was meant to be counter to last 3 fool leadership sets released and it has that low resistance :(

A. Hamilton's horse:
should have dodging instead of hiding

and event winner's weapons - Pearl weapons set bonus:

"speed": 200,
should be 2.0 - now it gives 20000% speed instead of 200%

If standard for now is 1.2 damage/lvl in duel weapons and 2.2 damage/lvl in fort weapons
then maybe event pearl weapons should have more than 1.2 - like 1.3 or 1.4 cuz they aren't upgradeable anyway (event winner weapon have 2.4 dmg/lvl for a long time now)

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Slightly upgraded Adams (a very bad set for Dodging thanks to low Stat bonuses) , disappointing.

That high Hp bonus will only feed the Damagers (Duelers for the most part, as usual) even more.

Last edited:

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
Keep in mind that the current values might not reflect the intended values or are bugged. The announcement will contain the values as they should be :)

Harsha.1

Private First Class
By now I'm pretty sure everyone has seen the set bonuses and agrees they do not solve the problem much. My friends who have reskilled to LD all agree it won't motivate them to reskill to tanks again.

To be honest, I'm at a complete loss on why the creators are capable of coming up with such amazing and powerful damage sets and weapons. But, on the other hand, when they create the tank sets, suddenly, they're terribly conservative and don't give much away.

This would be the right time to change the set stats. Add in more skills to the clothes, strengthen the hiding and traps. Probably, add in +1 defense stat to each cloth piece and an additional defense bonus to the set bonus along with the resistance. Then it might have a chance to stand up in battles.

I'm sure the community will all agree it really should be much stronger than it is at present. You guys produced OP damage sets and we desperately need even more OP tank sets to push things back to normal again and this isn't the time to be "conservative" when designing the tank sets.

DeletedUser500

Best update of the year, I can finally play fort battles on mobile. And am/pm timestamps finally fixed yay.

Harsha said everything that needed to be said about the tombola set and battle balance in this patch.

I'm interested to see what features we requested for the tombola that isn't its total and utter removal from the game :D

Zulus

Private
no new set will solve the problem of current OP damage sets.
- Introducing more hp will play even more into duelers hands
- Introducing more resistance sets will will not make much of a dent to the crits but non duelers will start doing hardly any damage and will stop attending fort battles

The only way to solve the debacle caused by murrieta and union set is to look at the role of leadership in fort fighting formula.

Remember, murrieta and union not only give insane damage bonus, but what is most damaging of all wearing either of those 2 sets is the amount of hide, traps and aim those sets give. Suddenly duelers who are full LD find themselves having well over 800 skills in aim, traps and hide and that means they hardly ever miss. In the past, even when someone was full LD dueler, he or she hit half as often as they do now. No amount of dodge, hide or traps will ratify current situation unless ofcourse InnoGames goes ballistic and introduces a set that gives insane amount of dodge, traps and hide, to make the over 800 figures of people wearing union or murrieta look ordinary again and tanks can actually dodge again instead of duelers being able to end up with 35 hits vs 10 misses at the end of every fort fight provided fort fight lasts that long ( now it does not).

Looking at the latest propsition to counter the damage sets, its pretty clear that InnoGames does not want to play with fort fight formula (hell knows why) and on the other hand their attempt to counter damage is, to put it bluntly, rather silly considering that it will do nothing to counter damage done by the duelers. It may only limit damage done by lower levels non duelers and that will equal to even lower attendences. Lower level players are key to keep fort fighting active and the latest move is a clear sign to drive those people away.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Keep in mind that the current values might not reflect the intended values or are bugged. The announcement will contain the values as they should be :)

Be that as it may, something tells me they won't really change much to make a difference.
I mean, Damages only gone up by "10" since last year or am I missing something? :D

Well, I can do nothing else but to agree with Harsha (and Lulu)

For sure there is a very clear stinginess when it comes to Tanks.
(Apart from the fact that I wish there wasn't any P2W stuff) There is absolute NO "Nugget" Clothing & Weapon set for Tanks.
Only barely "enough" Mount sets.

And those mount sets don't really help anything.
Like Harsha already pointed, there is absolute NO Defense bonus, nor Hp on that new one (Summer spirits stuff) , to come soon.
(Regardless, it will kill the Lower Level attendancy even more so)

But Union officer has Attack bonus on every single piece (which simply gets doubled when Upgraded!) , and even more so on the Rifle.
Then Sector Damage bonus on both Weapons (which also increased further by the Upgrade/s)

As if those above wasn't enough already, they are also given as Set bonuses!
What the bloody madness!

The fact that Formulas (and Rewards!) needing some update doesn't change the fact that Damager sets are beyond sanity. Or vice versa.
(...)

Looking at the latest propsition to counter the damage sets, its pretty clear that InnoGames does not want to play with fort fight formula (hell knows why) and on the other hand their attempt to counter damage is, to put it bluntly, rather silly considering that it will do nothing to counter damage done by the duelers.

It may only limit damage done by lower levels non duelers and that will equal to even lower attendences.
Lower level players are key to keep fort fighting active and the latest move is a clear sign to drive those people away.

Exactly! Unfortunately..

Also not only low levels, Tanks will hit 250 dmg at max with this new Resist set.
Because the way Resistance works is pretty dumb. Must be Percentage based!

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

The general terms and conditions of the game state that:
7.2 All the Games, Services, Premium Services, items or currencies we offer are reworked and updated at our discretion to ensure that they remain attractive for the largest possible circle of users.

This means InnoGames are perfectly entitled to re-balance these horrible game-breaking damage sets they've been selling duellers for the last few events, along with formula changes to percentage based resistance, and possibly damage, and a buff to towers, it's a legitimate and effective way to balance the completely broken fort battle meta. I would prefer balancing of existing sets (including old tombola gear) over introducing stronger and stronger sets, compounding the issues and shafting low level characters harder and harder. There's already a precedent for updating old gear when the game evolves to the point it becomes useless. We need a semi-major overhaul of item stats at some point.

Introducing more hp will play even more into duelers hands
Exactly this. Buying soldier character premium is a DISADVANTAGE to the soldier currently. I'd love InnoGames to give me one singular reason why I would spend a single penny on a game where I'm nothing but a critical hit public service for duellers who bought premium sets?

Lower level players are key to keep fort fighting active and the latest move is a clear sign to drive those people away.
I can't express strongly enough how much I agree with this. We are bleeding players left, right and centre, and the new ones aren't exactly impressed with the state of the game at the moment. We as players are doing more to keep this game and community alive than InnoGames deserve, and I'm sick of it.

DeletedUser4338

hopefully the new tank set is something with good "multiplayer defence" bonus, hp and resistance