• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Unannounced nerf

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Why did you nerfed John Bull's set? Now this set have less hp, less leadership, less defense and less resistance. The difference is not huge, but exists. You keep asking for people feedback, then brag that you made the set according to the players' opinion and then nerf it without having the common sense to announce. This is the second time in recent years when you nerf a set while on the event was active, the first one was behan. And then the issue was not the set being too strong, but soldiers having absurd bonuses. Now all classes except soldiers can't really play properly with tactic sets because they suck.
Coming back to our problem now, why did you nerf John Bull's set and why didn't you announce it? You keep complaining that you can't change the sets once the events start, but it's the second time you've done it every year without letting us know.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Can you stop lying? Those requests were made before the event was live on beta. And you didn't only lowered hp and add resistance, no, you also lowered the defense, the leadership and even THE RESISTANCE, the resistance you said you were increasing. I know people who spent thousands of euro in order to get and upgrade this set on a new world. They didn't knew it was nerfed because you never announce.

1657557463726.png

Edit: The first image presents the actual bonus and the second one presents the original bonus, before the annonounced nerf.
LE: They also nerfed John Bull's horse+saddle. Now it provides 10% less HP then before (similar with the clothes), so it's obviously not a mistake and a shame because they didn't tell their playerbase about it, after bragging that they were listening to our feedback, what a joke.

Last edited:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Can you stop lying? Those requests were made before the event was live on beta. And you didn't only lowered hp and add resistance, no, you also lowered the defense, the leadership and even THE RESISTANCE, the resistance you said you were increasing. I know people who spent thousands of euros in order to get and upgrade this set on a new world. He didn't knew it was nerfed because you never announce.

View attachment 744

Edit: The first image presents the actual bonus and the second one presents the original bonus, before the annonounced nerf.
LE: They also nerfed John Bull's horse+saddle. Now it provides 10% less HP then before (similar with the clothes), so it's obviously not a mistake and a shame because they didn't tell their playerbase about it, after bragging that they were listening to our feedback, what a joke.
This is sad to see , if you nerf something you should tell your player base about it not do it in secret, when it happened with Behan we all closed our eyes and accepted it but this is not acceptable for the 2nd time.

Better nerf tower bonuses that we all ask for for the past 2 years not something that we do not ask for.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
I am not aware of any nerfs done to the set apart from the ones suggested by the players. I will double check on this.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I have no reason to lie. I was just comparing sets and combinations of sets as usual and i noticed that John Bull's set have now less hp than it used to have. And after i double checked i realized it also has less resistance, defense and leadership. Please check and and give us an official answer. It's not the first time you've made changes for sets in the middle of events (see Behan's).

Richard Maverick

Lance Corporal
I have no reason to lie. I was just comparing sets and combinations of sets as usual and i noticed that John Bull's set have now less hp than it used to have. And after i double checked i realized it also has less resistance, defense and leadership. Please check and and give us an official answer. It's not the first time you've made changes for sets in the middle of events (see Behan's).
You're not lying, I saw the nerf too in my local server.

Please Al explain what happened

alexboss622

Reservist
Is a mockery for players. One you say, another you do.
For those who have already spent several thousand nuggets, what will be the compensation for such a joke?
It's stupid on the face. :whistle:

We have no more expectations from you, you don't deserve it.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
So I am not sure why this would be considered a ''nerf'' since the current version of the clothing set at the moment is better than all previous versions.

I am also not sure of the numbers posted above as they are mostly incorrect. Below you can find the bonuses of a level 1 John Bull clothing set that are currently available in the game:

lvl1 bull clothes set.png

A reduction in some areas did happen but that was only to compensate for the changes we have made based on the feedback/requests provided by the community in our feedback thread here.

Original resistance bonus ( lvl 0)- 80 Resistance
Original Defence (lvl 0) - 12 defense

Current resistance bonus (lvl 1) - 96
Current defence bonus (lvl 1) - 14.15

As an fyi as well, the regeneration bonus on the duel set has been changed to speed (as requested by the community), the trading set has been improved and more experience has been added to the free set...oh and more appearance on the duel set :P. So most of the changes requested have been made to the sets.

All changes made to the sets were done before the event was live on normal servers.

As an reminder, the Beta server is here for testing purpose - we are aware that some players consider beta a regular playing world however, this does not change the fact that the Beta server is here for testing reasons.

WARNING: This is a public beta of The-West. Please keep in mind that technical data is subject to change without warning. This includes full resets.
This means: Character and account data can be deleted at any time!

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Is this a joke? The trading set is useless. Revere have the same amount of work points and much better bonuses, it's a no brainer to use revere. It's 2 years old and very cheap, it dropped from bags for 2 Christmas events. Why would anyone use this Boswel set?
The duel set is useless, you don't need appearance in a reflex set, if you need appearance, you also need aiming/dodging, and you would use josephine/perry and clothes from tailor to have a huge amount of appearance/aiming/dodging, the reflex would be redundant in this case. If you need reflex, you only need AIMING and Brook's set have almost no aiming. The dog and the leesh have worst bonuses compared to horses from 2018, I think you intentionally listen to people who provide useless feedback, just to have an excuse for these atrocities you call sets.
And the fort set was nerfed without announcing us, you post wrong values here in beta, and on live servers we couldn't see individual bonuses for sets, only the full set bonus was available, so we couldn't figure out the fact that John Bull's set was nerfed.

Why would you listen to me who argue my opinions, when you can listen to some trolls who tell you to add appearance to a reflex set?

Edit: Most people who provided feedback didn't even bother to see the items bonuses, because they were written in a very weird way, everyone was confuse, the feedback was too general, nobody knew the real bonuses of items, it was too hard to calculate them because you displayed individual bonuses for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 items, not total bonuses as you have done so far.

Last edited: