• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

traveling fair

DeletedUser2869

Did you update the prod win in the traveling fair in the 2.08?

DeletedUser2869

we got traveling fair on TW.fr

i dont seen differenses, except that :

inj3.jpg

But maybe it vas normal, juste a rare case.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Click the bag in the upper right and you will see for sure. I wouldn't expect so though, since the fair gives buffs, not products.

DeletedUser

some more on travelling fair topic:

why did remove coffee, speared fish, lamb wool and teeth products from fair building materials list? could you at least mention that in update changes?

also, fair construction requirements went from ok-balanced to boring-easy mode.
what i refer to that building requirements were lowered too much. in every active world, construction part is done in 3 days max. all not super-hard products to get are filled in those 3 days as well. the rest of rare products are only filled up to less then 40-50% then it's 3-4 days waiting time for them to fill automatically. and especially now when products from new 2.08 jobs are added. almost no one is donating them. so even longer waiting time.

to continue my feedback:
travelling fair appears at around 2-3 AM server time, not exactly sure (could someone please confirm?). that usually means for players that are sleeping at that time (like Euro time zone players) that when we wake up, all the products that are common are usually already filled to 100% or at least 90%. i'm not trying to change time of fair appearance, just saying that making it easier to build prevents some players to gain more bonds or have some reasonable time to get fair achievements.

again, my observations are for active worlds only (not beta, since is not comparable).

so, i would appreciate some devs feedback about:
1) possibly bringing back at least one of easy products (coffee, speared fish, lamb wool, teeth) to compensate for arrival of new 2.08 products
2) slightly increasing construction part only

thank you for your feedback! :)

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
why did remove coffee, speared fish, lamb wool and teeth products from fair building materials list? could you at least mention that in update changes?
It changes every time; off the top of my head I don't recall any products being excluded from the possible pool of twenty.

also, fair construction requirements went from ok-balanced to boring-easy mode.
what i refer to that building requirements were lowered too much. in every active world, construction part is done in 3 days max. all not super-hard products to get are filled in those 3 days as well. the rest of rare products are only filled up to less then 40-50% then it's 3-4 days waiting time for them to fill automatically. and especially now when products from new 2.08 jobs are added. almost no one is donating them. so even longer waiting time.
I don't remember any change like this, but I think there were some around 2.07. Can't find any documentation though, so perhaps someone else knows more.

DeletedUser

It changes every time; off the top of my head I don't recall any products being excluded from the possible pool of twenty.

i think all 4 products disappeared after below mentioned update (so December 2013). since then i've keep checking out 2 .net worlds i play on and here on beta, and those 4 products never appeared again. before update, there were usually 2 of those in each fair (sometimes only 1, but mostly 2).

I don't remember any change like this, but I think there were some around 2.07. Can't find any documentation though, so perhaps someone else knows more.

announced fair change, last line in post
http://forum.beta.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=25175&postcount=1

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Hmm opps yeah, that should say vaguely remember. Unfortunately though, I still can't find any specifics.

DeletedUser

Hmm opps yeah, that should say vaguely remember. Unfortunately though, I still can't find any specifics.

i can say that construction part was lowered to almost 1/3 of original value.

anyway, Diggo, pretty please, if you can, ask somewhere up higher about lamb wool/coffer/speared fish/tooth products if they were really removed and can we have them back after those rare 2.08 products were introduced.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
Those products haven't been removed. It's just the randomness that made it look that way.

dO4r9RD.png

DeletedUser

Those products haven't been removed. It's just the randomness that made it look that way.

dO4r9RD.png

thanks for confirmation Leones. i was very skeptical since before December, none of fairs were missing those items and after that i saw none of those items in 6 fairs.

DeletedUser2407

I have heard that you can not complete the quest "ook" where you need to give the monkey an item. Is that true ?

I tried to give a saw on .net, got an achievement, but the quest it self did not complete.
So what is the status on this ? :-)

DeletedUser2407

Ha no i did not.

For the most part, i just needed to know if the quest could be completed ;-)
Meanwhile i have seen 1 photo of a pretty believable completed quest, where the text was grayed out. That is something you cant that easily do in photoshop etc. ;-)

But maybe next time i throw products at the monkey i will prey and ask for forgiveness in the church first O:-)

DeletedUser1406

Ha no i did not.

For the most part, i just needed to know if the quest could be completed ;-)
Meanwhile i have seen 1 photo of a pretty believable completed quest, where the text was grayed out. That is something you cant that easily do in photoshop etc. ;-)

But maybe next time i throw products at the monkey i will prey and ask for forgiveness in the church first O:-)

Really? I wonder who made that :whistle:

DeletedUser2407

Hehe well i dont know, but ok, i guess i was fooled, as i have found out it might be fake after all. But anyway. Since no one will or can answer, i guess this is a dead end quest.

DeletedUser1406

Hehe well i dont know, but ok, i guess i was fooled, as i have found out it might be fake after all. But anyway. Since no one will or can answer, i guess this is a dead end quest.

Awww, I believe it was a pretty good fake :njub:

DeletedUser2407

well i do to. The only thing i believe that it is real, is because of the left side of the quest log. And to put the quest in there as well.

So i dont know now. Guess this is an eternal "aprils fools" day quest :-)