• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Town Treasury

Bolasete

Reservist
I would like to give an suggestion about the town treasury. Most of the town treasuries have plenty of cash and now the only way to spend that cash is by building the town (or church) and attacking forts, which becomes irrevelant when the Town Treasury has +1 millions dollars and there is nothing left to do with that money, so my suggestion is creating Town buffs which could be purchased by one of the Town's Founder/Councillor, for instance one of the buffs could be 10% experience to the members of the city, giving +30 damage to each member of the city and so on. I believe if this is implemented the game would get more active players because they'd get more bonus in battles and it would be a way to start emptying town treasuries. Another suggestion is giving the Town's Founder/Councillor habililities to change the taxes of the city, by giving them a minimum fee and maximum fee so they could choose which % they would like to get from their residents.

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
I would like to give an suggestion about the town treasury. Most of the town treasuries have plenty of cash and now the only way to spend that cash is by building the town (or church) and attacking forts, which becomes irrevelant when the Town Treasury has +1 millions dollars and there is nothing left to do with that money, so my suggestion is creating Town buffs which could be purchased by one of the Town's Founder/Councillor, for instance one of the buffs could be 10% experience to the members of the city, giving +30 damage to each member of the city and so on. I believe if this is implemented the game would get more active players because they'd get more bonus in battles and it would be a way to start emptying town treasuries. Another suggestion is giving the Town's Founder/Councillor habililities to change the taxes of the city, by giving them a minimum fee and maximum fee so they could choose which % they would like to get from their residents.
Personally i hate when huge amount of money stays useless :) Good that you raised the topic.

at .ru I proposed idea about duelling wars between cities. Kinda game called mafia. A city declares war on another one. War continues until one side wins. In order to win, 70% of enemy town members should be knocked out during a period of time, say 24 hours.

The whole idea was about finding some more use for the town's treasury. As a benefit for winner-town, its members gain a % of bank and market fees that were collected in loser-town. That burden lasts for a certain time, or unless the town-loser declares and wins a war against the enemy-winner.

In practice, that means no money loss for players of the city that lost the war, as they pay fees anyway (unless premium worker). It only means, that money that is taken from players anyway as fees, will be distributed to players. Kinda cashback, but for your enemy.

Those collected after the war money are to be distributed equally between the members of city-winner. A transfer is made once after end of the conflict in order to prevent too high stress for servers.

I think this is a way to finally improve

Well if this idea is interesting, I can create a whole topic describing rules for this mechanism.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
This idea has been suggested a couple of times - I have passed it on yesterday and hopefully we will hear something back :).

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
what if a town lost all their forts? and the winner that takes the last fort gets the bank amount of the losing city?
or divide it?
if a town has 4 forts and 1M on the bank
losing a fort will cost them 250k?

DeletedUser500

what if a town lost all their forts? and the winner that takes the last fort gets the bank amount of the losing city?
or divide it?
if a town has 4 forts and 1M on the bank
losing a fort will cost them 250k?
It's interesting, forts do need a purpose, a reason to fight over... But we would need more things to do with town treasuries if we make it a core PvP mechanic.

Every server have a handful of towns owning forts, majority won't care about battles or will never own a fort. Same goes with dueling wars, town with 50 players just can't declare war to 1 man towns it would be just raiding their treasury.
Not a fan with idea about losing treasury money on minigame which should affect the whole world or alliance. Hopefully, none wants to see that 1 dueling town of server raiding every other town 1 at time.

With some kind of alliance treasury all of these ideas (buff treasury, dueling wars and fort losing fees) would make more sense and touch a larger amount of players.
There is no really point to stay in alliance expect fort battles. Creating alliance treasury where towns pay their taxes based on their members activity to fund the activities of the Alliance.
e.g. fort battle: xxx $ for every signup (3x for non alliance players, townless will pay this from their own pocket) = winning side collects loot.
duel wars: war declare cost + fees for every lost duel xx $ (there is no point to force all berry pickers, builders, crafters.... to participate on duel they are just easy punch bags there needs to have 24h notice time similar to ffs to give players time to get in KO protection before war starts and war should run just 24h.) Avoid 3rd party issue they would pay significantly higher fees for dueling either war party or they should be completely excluded from duel wars with some new game mechanics = winner side collects all fees to their alliance treasury.

Alliance treasury funds can be used on various buffs described above

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
if you don't wanna lose a fort..... make sure you don't own one.

might be a nice idea bes.... but difficult things?? don't think InnoGames is up for something like that
it should be easy and simple to achieve otherwise the idea is worthless from the beginning.
I've seen great ideas over the years... non of them have been used in the game. probably because fixing something a little bit difficult is
immediately of the table..... so it seems like