• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

The Worst Market Thief on Alamogordo

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
Please remove this thread, it's not fair as not everyone agrees with every thing I say
Here I've corrected that for you, shame your yesman is banned from this forum eh?

Yes - you can use the forum for this- but it would be much faster to put in an add in marked - and might spare us from some of the advertisements spamming the chat.
You could pay a marked fee - and place a price range. If no one wants to sell you at that price, the fee is lost.
This would be great for new players who cant afford the fee. If they see to someone who have made a request for something - then it is the buyer who pays the fee.
You understand me perfectly Olga

lulumcnoob

Sergeant
Former Team Member
The Roadmap states that the devs are indeed planning on implementing a player to player trading system, and until that happens, there is nothing that we can do if you feel that you have been scammed on stolen from on the market. All I can say is try to be careful, don't leave things on the market for more than a few minutes, and use some common sense.

I know it's frustrating, and I too wish that there was a harsher punishment for thieves, but I guess that's what bounties are for, there's even a specific bounty for Dealing in stolen goods. :p

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
Theft is a crime among people.
Theft is a social crime.
It is a shameful crime of theft.
Should be the punishment theft in the social field.
Such people must not go unpunished :)
As far as I recall, shooting people is also a crime in most countries, as would be attacking forts, should we ban those elements of game play too and rename the game Westville?

Maybe we should make CRYING a forum crime?

Leones

The West Team
The players of the world will have to deal with market thefts, as we don't have any rules for it and I don't think those'll be here soon, and they have the necessary means to do so. They can put bounties on the player so he'll be dueled often, they can remove him from any town he might join, they can annoy him using the methods available in-game.

Spread the word to your fellow players, the quest forum in-game has a thread dedicated to these kind of players I believe, post it there and it'll be at least harder for him to steal items.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
As far as I recall, shooting people is also a crime in most countries, as would be attacking forts, should we ban those elements of game play too...?
Indeed. I've always found The West to be a fun game primarily due to the social/community aspect, but secondly because it evokes emotion. Back five years ago I was staunchly against "camping", now to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing it come back along with all the drama. I strongly suspect the same sentiments would apply here. Fighting problems the hard way ingame, as difficult as it is to see at the time, is always the best and most fun way to do so.

Nevertheless, we did write a proposal to the quest forum for a rule about player trade agreements. It never attracted much interest though, so I didn't proceed with it.

olga

Master Sergeant
Here on beta we have had some changes. We have more players rigth now, who are casing trouble. They even act as if they are proud of cheating other players and brag about it.
I think it is different from server to server, on small national servers the problem is very limited - and thief have a very hard time.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
It's been over 2 years now and still InnoGames can't be bothered to protect the players with an improved and safer trading system
I seem to recall a 1 to 1 trading system was being considered
What ever happened to it?

Jacob Greathouse

It's been over 2 years now and still InnoGames can't be bothered to protect the players with an improved and safer trading system
I seem to recall a 1 to 1 trading system was being considered
What ever happened to it?
They can't test it, because it requires two developers. :lol:

xShteff

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
They mentioned "p2p trading" in the 2014 roadmap but we all know how these roadmaps work :p

lulumcnoob

Sergeant
Former Team Member
Trolling aside, it's such a basic and important feature that should have been implemented since day one of the market. We were promised it in at least one roadmap, and to this day it remains the #1 requested feature in my opinion.

Stop making quests and start making community requests. (not that i'm under any illusion that anyone with any influence backstage will actually read this thread, let alone pass it onto the devs)

Last edited: