1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

The Worst Market Thief on Alamogordo

Discussion in 'World 1 (Alamogordo)' started by The-Iceman, Mar 10, 2014.

Share This Page

1. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    Info deleted due to trolling
    Please delete this thread, as it is no longer serving a useful purpose

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Fatureta

Fatureta Reservist

By market thief do you mean he buy items labeled for others or con players for items?

3. ICaSTeLLaNI

ICaSTeLLaNI Reservist

Shammer Kill You On Alamogodro

I was deceived. Took my will munny's rifle. I can show photos

4. Fatureta

Fatureta Reservist

Please do. If he cons other players for goods, that is virtual criminal activity.
    This game is played by lot of young players, and to protect them foul language is punishable but criminal activities are not. What message do we send them. That best way to prosper is stealing????

5. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    Sorry, but everytime we duel somebody we potentially steal their cash and/or energy, he's done absolutely nothing wrong IMO, what next, ban dueling? :mad:

If you're dumb enough to fall for his methods and lies, then more fool you

6. Fatureta

Fatureta Reservist

When I duel someone, I do not ask him to remove his weapon. If you are refering to 0 motivation duelers who ambush lover levels, steps are already taken to ban dueling. We will have to duel only those who can strike back. And that will decrease number of "duelers". Why don't we stop other criminals as well.

7. xShteff

xShteff Master Sergeant Former Team Member

Our devs already said that they are working on a direct player-to-player trading system.

8. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Duel is a main feature of the game... trading on the market is too... robbing others claiming they have 100000 of the unique items... unfortunately is a very common activity from multi account of many young players.

Already saw thousands and thousands of those on many worlds where i played. Funny side: many bought accounts from people that were giving up the game, they they start to steal from other players... and at level 50 they already have all the tombolas sets and the collector set.
    Then... we find out that they got so much things with less than 100 nuggets used but they bought all the items from the same 5-6 accounts for the minimal price.

Yeah... that snipper script that many people use on the market, can get all the items that are placed on the minimal price even when you are not online. Those are the ones that, sometimes, get those items from the stealers.

But the only way to stop those things is to get a direct item trade market. Where each person places one item and the other trade it for the asked item.

9. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    That would get my support, but until it's in place there are other ways of protecting yourself from market fraudsters, you just need the same skills you'd use in real life not to get ripped off, the old adage "if it's too good to be true..." applies here.

And while they're working on a trading system, how about a market section for Wanted Items, where a player could post to say, I dunno, I want 100 coal and I'll pay $10,000 for them, and that money is immediately deducted same as market fees would be.

Then, let's say I've been doing a whole bunch of coal mining and want to offload some coal, rather than just putting them on the open market, I could go to the wanted section and sell them directly and immediately to anyone if their terms are acceptable to me.

10. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    I think you're angry enough already without my input, enough said

11. ICaSTeLLaNI

ICaSTeLLaNI Reservist

I Can show photo If you want to management :)

12. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    It is very hard to make rules that protect us from thieves. Such rules will be hard to enforce without risking to judge someone who did nothing wrong.

The existing rules are hard enough. Last week I had a friend being punished for having an name someone found offensive. Even though it was maybe right- how can you have a player name for 2½ years and then be punished. This is just an example of how players often are reporting someone not because they are offended - but because they want to hurt someone in the game- or get revenge for a duel or something like that.
    So rules is not the way to solve this - we just have to be patient and hope for a better marked solution, to make direct trade possible.

13. Fatureta

Fatureta Reservist

But there is already a way of dealing with thieves without any additional programming. If someone offend me all I have to do is click on his name in chat and report offense. The same method can be used with thieves. Admins can access all the logs and verify transactions.

14. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    But taking stuff on the market and/or conning people into giving them stuff is not against the rules, offensive language is.

It might not be to most people's taste, including mine, but moaning about a valid feature of the game is pointless.

The OP claims to know people that have left the game because of it. Well, to use the comparison again, I know plenty of people that have quit the game due to some people spending fortunes on nuggets to give themselves and advantage and not being able to compete with them.

The game isn't perfect, but like with dueling, there are ways and means of protecting yourself, crying about getting duped isn't one of them.

15. Fatureta

Fatureta Reservist

We already have that. Click on town icon on bottom of the screen, than chose Town forum, Quest forum and Buying & Selling. Post what you want to sell or telegram if you have what someone need.

16. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    That is not even close to the same thing, and it's one of the kinds of scenario when stuff gets 'stolen'.

17. xShteff

xShteff Master Sergeant Former Team Member

Stealing it's not an offense. If you send an affront saying that X stole your item, your affront will just be ignored. Same thing it's gonna happen if you use the affront tool to report multi accounts.

18. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    Please remove this thread as it is not serving a useful purpose

19. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Yes - you can use the forum for this- but it would be much faster to put in an add in marked - and might spare us from some of the advertisements spamming the chat.
    You could pay a marked fee - and place a price range. If no one wants to sell you at that price, the fee is lost.
    This would be great for new players who cant afford the fee. If they see to someone who have made a request for something - then it is the buyer who pays the fee.

20. Fatureta

Fatureta Reservist

Now you get the point. Why is calling someone potato head offense and stealing money trough con isn't.