• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

The West Classic - Discussion thread

DeletedUser1406

Further information about the Classic World:
  • What version will this world run on?
    The version from the release day of the English version, September 21st 2008.
  • What is not possible in this world?
    There are no forts, no alliances, no fort battles, no bandit duels, no crafting professions, no poker, no character classes, no chat, no Union-Pacific-Shop, no quest givers at the map, no avatar generator, no adventures, ... .
  • What is possible in this world?
    In addition to founding and construction towns, jobs can be finished and other players can be challenged in duels. In the saloon, many classic quest lines are waiting to be accomplished. Moreover, the popular old avatars can be used, such as the card sharper.
  • How many classic worlds will be available?
    Just one, an international classic world.
  • In what language does this world run?
    This world will be entirely displayed in English.
  • Can nuggets be bought in this world?
    No, nuggets can not be purchased. The four premium benefits which are available can be activated for the price of 0 nuggets.
  • Where can I log in to this world?
    Here: https://classic.the-west.net/
    Please notice that the registration is disabled at the moment. On July 3rd, you will be able to register there as usual and then you can start playing.
Please take note that this special world has limited support and is not plugged into the InnoGames customer support or payment systems. Premium purchases are not possible. Bugs and other technical problems may occur. Play at your own risk!

DeletedUser1406

What will happen to your character once the Classic World concludes? The reason I ask is because there was some talk a few months back (Da Twista - Int. Forum) about a event server ( https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/events-moving-onto-the-next-level.57349/ ) and I am wondering if the Classic World is at all related to Da Twista's post?
It will disappear, nothing will be transferred anywhere. Just like it happens with the ones on speed servers, I believe. And no, it's not related with anything Da Twista said.

DeletedUser4125

In game we will not have chat, but maybe create orher chat? Diccord, QuakeNet?

DeletedUser3407

It's a shame that the classic version is only running for a month since I did enjoy The West more than Tombola Simulator. Really looking forward to the month though, should be the most fun I've had in-game in a number of years.

It's also a bit of a shame that it's being based around a race for exp, since I can almost guarantee that the top pages of the exp rankings will be made up entirely of pure trappers. Doesn't feel right to reward a player who's just spammed beavers, coyotes and grizzlies for 30 levels while their townmates built them somewhere to sleep and unlocked items for them. IMO rewarding the town with the most points would be a better option since it requires actual coordination and teamwork between players.

Personally I'll be ignoring the reward altogether and taking advantage of the month that we've been given to enjoy some good old fashioned duel wars. Hopefully most players feel the same and we should be in for a really enjoyable event (and maybe we can convince them to keep it open for good :P).

DeletedUser4125

In national forum we have info ,,Remember that the classical world has limited support. It is not connected to InnoGames customer support (support system) and to the payment system. Premium purchase is not possible. Technical problems and other errors can occur during the event. You play at your own risk!" Google Translate
Why?

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Would be cool if everyone who will participate, would get afterwards rewarded (if interested in it ofc) the old avatar by his choice from his class even on his "main" world :-) Something like nostalgia reminder afterwards, once the world close :P The old avatars were so cool :C Anyway great idea, looking forward to it, see ya there :>

Very interesting event. But, I wanted rewards for much more players. Like places 4-100 get 500 nuggets, places 101-500 get 400 nuggets, places 501-1000 get 300 nuggets...

DeletedUser1406

In national forum we have info ,,Remember that the classical world has limited support. It is not connected to InnoGames customer support (support system) and to the payment system. Premium purchase is not possible. Technical problems and other errors can occur during the event. You play at your own risk!" Google Translate
Why?
Because setting up a new support team for a temporary server was not worth it. There's also no possibility of buying nuggets as every premium option is free.