• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

the West 2.0

DeletedUser

just wondering why there isn't any info given here? I thought that being the beta world we'd have first knowledge of new and upcoming changes since this is where the testing of those updates would happen.

Thanks

DeletedUser1512

Besides the so called "2.0", there-s nothing new in this announcement. Search devbolg. Here too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol those are old post and I've seen all those. What I'm getting at is why isn't there any kind of post here? I know the one posted on facebook and the other forum doesn't give any info but would they really post that if they didn't have an idea already about what exactly is to come or at least what they want to try? And what kind of timeline are we looking at? Shoot we're only on 1.36 moving to 2.0....so could be months....years?

DeletedUser

lol those are old post and I've seen all those. What I'm getting at is why isn't there any kind of post here? I know the one posted on facebook and the other forum doesn't give any info but would they really post that if they didn't have an idea already about what exactly is to come or at least what they want to try? And what kind of timeline are we looking at? Shoot we're only on 1.36 moving to 2.0....so could be months....years?

Next up is 2.0
There won't be 1.37 or 1.38... They call it 2.0 because there's a whole new job system, new map, and other new features.

DeletedUser1702

hi

good
know something when we find news about version 2.0, or when it is available on the web server test (beta)
:cool:

DeletedUser

You can find a description about it on the .net forums here. There's no estimated time when 2.0 will reach the beta servers, as it's still under heavy development.

DeletedUser

Well I've been following The West 2.0 updates on Facebook and it looks like they're making good progress.

Question on Facebook
"exactly when the West has come 2.0?"
Answer
The West - "This summer for sure. We can not tell you an exact date yet but we are already working on polishing the new features."

Now comes my question....Will Alamogordo be reset when the 2.0 update is implemented or will it just be an overhaul keeping our characters?

Now I won't mind starting over from scratch if I must, but I'm sure there's plenty of players that wouldn't want to lose what they've already got.

Thanks

DeletedUser

Now comes my question....Will Alamogordo be reset when the 2.0 update is implemented or will it just be an overhaul keeping our characters?

well, they stated pretty clear that all worlds will be updated to 2.0 and I know for sure, they are not going to reset all characters in the world...so I don't see a reason why beta should have a fresh start :)

DeletedUser2890

Testing a new update is pointless if they reset the chars to zero. Then they dont know how an update would work, when they update the existing worlds :-)

Or maybe a major update could be "alpha-tested" on a "reset" Amchitka - and next the "betatest" on Alamogordo - but i guess they do alpha testing themselves - before we make the betatest :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good answers guys and thanks those are points I hadn't thought about. I guess we'll just see how it goes.

West 2.0 announcement.

Dear Community,

Eventhough there is still some time until the update to version 2.0, we want to inform you about something important already so that you can prepare for it.
As you might know, the new map in version 2 will look a lot different than the map looks now. There aren't only optical changes but the whole structure will change.
The biggest change, that many other changes result from, is the size of the new map - it's only a quarter of the current size.
Changing the map size allowed us to create the whole map manually and create a huge variety and great quality.

What effects does this have?
-There will still be 3 forts per county, but there will be only 14 counties.
-There will be room for aproximately 2300 towns, not 10.000 like we have now.
-The towns will have different positions and other distances to other towns
-Jobs, quest employees and forts also have other position

Migration of towns
We will not migrate more than 1500 towns! The first 500 towns in the ranking will be migrated for sure. We will not migate any ghost towns.
After that the system will search the ranking from top to bottom for 1000 towns that have more than 1 citizen. If there are not 1000 towns that have more than 1 citizens the remaining spots will be filled with 1-man-towns, starting from the top ranking again.
Which towns will be migrated will be decided a few weeks before the update already. There will be a fix point in time that counts (will be announced as soon as possible). From this point of time, town founders will get access to a limited version of our map editor and can check out the positions of the towns. Furthermore they can see the coordinates of town places. After choosing a spot, they can take the coordinates of this spot and go back into the game to enter the coordinates in their town hall.
If this spot is not already reserved by a founder of another town the entered spot will be saved and reserved so that the town will be moved to that spot while the update to Version 2 is running.
If the spot is already taken an error message will appear and the founder can choose another spot.
If there is more than 1 founder in a town the town position reservation can be overwritten by other founders! So you should discuss first where you want to move your town to.
If you don't choose a spot in the given time, your town will be migrated to a random spot.
A few hundred spots will stay free on all worlds so that others can found new towns and alliances.

Migration of characters
Your characters will be migrated to your town spot while the upate to V2, presumed they are still citizens of a town.
All players that do not belong to a town will be put to a random town or town founding spot.

Migration of forts
We will not migrate any forts, you will have to build them up again.
Because we will have a lot less forts than before we couldn't find a fair and easy way to migrate them.
After the update the forts can be founded and build up again. First come, first served. This will bring new action into the game, workers will have a job again and all towns have the same chance to get a fort.
There will be a little compensation for fort owners but this will stay as a surprise for now.

Deletion of tasks
And one more pre-announcement:
Because job spots, quest employees and so on will have different positions on the new map, we will have to delete all tasks in your queue once the update takes place (Jobs, duels, everything).
You will not get back the energy for jobs/duels and so on. The update will be announced as precisely as possible so that you can prepare for it.

From http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=51120