• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

The Snake, or lack there of....

DeletedUser3951

So I have a job, where i can't be on computer, and because someone decided that it should only be a certain amount, I am now unable to buy one... 2000 goldnuggets saved, thank you.

Limited items should be available for a limited time, not by amount. I actually thought Innogames wanted to earn money...

DeletedUser3951

Consider it a blessing, you've been saved from wasting your money

I am.

It is more a matter of what kind of image the company want; do they want to be a company which provides all with same opportunities, or just to those that have time and opportunity to be online at a specific time.

A limited offer like this should be available for at least 24 hours, that way everyone would have an opportunity to buy the item.

My guess is that only a few worlds have actually sold all available within a period like that, but on the few worlds that have sold all, some might have wanted it, but can't because they have a job or other RL activity that was more important.

DeletedUser

Duuuuude…
We all have jobs, we all have life, some of us have families and / or other things to do… Obviously - we will not be able to take parts in all game features (time-limited quests, some sales, events, etc…).
This is life and those are your own choices…

AFAIR this is / was a limited-count sale. In opposition to limited-time sales it guarantees that no more than X numbers of a certain item are available worldwide. It's what makes them unique and desirable… It's what makes RPG games FUN …
I would not be surprised if they were to be gone in couple of seconds after announcing the sale…

DeletedUser3951

Duuuuude…
We all have jobs, we all have life, some of us have families and / or other things to do… Obviously - we will not be able to take parts in all game features (time-limited quests, some sales, events, etc…).
This is life and those are your own choices…

AFAIR this is / was a limited-count sale. In opposition to limited-time sales it guarantees that no more than X numbers of a certain item are available worldwide. It's what makes them unique and desirable… It's what makes RPG games FUN …
I would not be surprised if they were to be gone in couple of seconds after announcing the sale…

Nice to know that developers doesn't care about the customers... and items doesn't make a game fun, content does. Something this game is really starting to lack.

DeletedUser3957

Most of all, the price of this unique and rare item (:D) is considerable regarding its skills and bonus...

2000 nuggets means 2x800 nuggets in the fourthcoming Easter event : which means a high probability to win a real rare item like an event weapon or horse or saddle or even a full set bag ;)

Pity too that this item can't be bought with bonds. Many players have plenty of bonds letters and could have used them

DeletedUser

Nice to know that developers …

Nice to know that developers DO have their own opinion and their statements never represent project nor company unless explicitly noted.

As for prices - I can't discuss that - I know as a player I can't afford them anyway… but I do value a uniqueness of "a thingy" and I somewhat envy people who have them… lucky bastards…

The point of any game is fun; fun comes out of many factors - including competition… competition also includes getting stuff that no one else (or not many) have… and that usually comes with some kind of commitment…

As a regular gamer I often have to choose between "having something unique" (and spending, for instance, 5 nights in a row trying to hunt for the deal) and having a "balanced live"… But that's what makes the game FUN (for me).
It would be awfully boring for any RPG game if one could "just" have everything…

But Again - I'm a collector type. I like to have stuff that is really HARD to get - for the pure fact of having it as one-of-the-very-few…

DeletedUser1406

But Again - I'm a collector type. I like to have stuff that is really HARD to get - for the pure fact of having it as one-of-the-very-few…

Heh, I miss this feeling. I miss the feeling of being the only owner of Buffalo Bill's leg guards on the .ro server, or one of the under 10 owners in the whole game... I miss the feeling of playing hundreds of fort battles just to get a steel lined chest and try our luck with it. (One thing I don't miss is the frustration of getting pillows inside those chests, lol)
And about the snake... Is it rare? Yes it is. Is it hard to get? No. I consider that the snake is not HARD to get, as anyone that's willing to spend some real money can get it.

It is my opinion, as a player, that the game is pretty much easy mode compared to the past.

Also, right now, I have a feeling that nothing is impossible to obtain... well, maybe the tombola winner's set, which I probably never own one "in a legit way". Even the Outlaw items, that have a really low drop rate in the Loot Chests, if you're spending a full day (or more) in adventures, you'll eventually get them.

DeletedUser

Well… "hard to get" also includes (for me) - being online in a precise moment and being among the (first) few that CAN actually buy it… that's also a "rarity factor"

DeletedUser3951

Nice to know that developers DO have their own opinion and their statements never represent project nor company unless explicitly noted.

Wrong, whenever an official represent says anything in a forum, it is to be considered an official statement, unless noted otherwise.
It doesn't matter what you say, or the rules state... what matters is how a community percieves it.

And about the snake... Is it rare? Yes it is. Is it hard to get? No. I consider that the snake is not HARD to get, as anyone that's willing to spend some real money can get it.

No, they can not... since it was sold out when I came home from work, so I could not use my real money and get it. Which actually was the problem I tried to address with this. A limited offer like this should have been available for at least 24 hours, that way all that would like one had a fair chance to get it.

DeletedUser3689

Wrong, whenever an official represent says anything in a forum, it is to be considered an official statement, unless noted otherwise.
It doesn't matter what you say, or the rules state... what matters is how a community percieves it.

No, they can not... since it was sold out when I came home from work, so I could not use my real money and get it. Which actually was the problem I tried to address with this. A limited offer like this should have been available for at least 24 hours, that way all that would like one had a fair chance to get it.

life does get in the way sometimes but we are always just one case of diarrhea away from going home to purchase an in game snake

P.S.- its a pretty disappointing snake to many who bought it so perhaps consider a bullet dodged

DeletedUser

True. IF a "official represent" says it via "official account". "Official represents" are people especially hired to deal with player-to-company communication - like community managers.
Like it or not - a "badge" that mentions someone's role in the project does not by any way make the account "official" nor "representative". A mechanic in VW work-suit discussing speed-limits does not represent VW point of view on speed limits.

what matters is how a community perceives it.
And I should assume that your perspective represents the whole community's approach?

To end this pointless (off)topic - as a player and a user - I find it rather surprising that anyone would complain on "limited accessibility" of an item or few in a RPG game… it's like complaining that one can't do "all the quests" because "some are limited" (by sex, time, pre-requirements)… RPGs by definition include elements, which only a few can have / are willing to get or are limited by your choices (that's the "role" part in role-playing game)

As a professional "techniker" who IST informiert (and someone who used to be responsible for incorporating communication standards in one of the biggest banks in my country) I will remind you that only people explicite designated to reveal official information are *ever* allowed to take any meaningful "side" in a discussion and that they will most likely do that in designated places (like - "announcements" section of this forum) OR explicite mention that in (rare) cases, when the discussion is being held in other parts of the forum.
No other person or statement may or should be considered as "official", like it or not.

I will also remind you that you are discussing in a "Saloon" (Anything else goes in here! Feel free to chat about whatever you like) which by definition is non-official up to extreme…

To avoid any further disputes regarding this topic I decided to de-badge myself, at least for the time being… which most probably means no more inside news on the game progression, cos hey - why should I? I'm here for the people, not for the company…

DeletedUser

Well… "hard to get" also includes (for me) - being online in a precise moment and being among the (first) few that CAN actually buy it… that's also a "rarity factor"

on dakota (DE14) there are still 12 snakes available after more than 48h.
plenty of preciseness needed for that.

nothing you can buy with money is hard to get, ever. the hard part is getting the money, not wasting it again.