• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

The Day of the Dead 2020 Discussion

unless someone can actually check the coding and show me that, I have my suspicions that it isn't always true.
I never got close to 50% winners in other years, despite that there should have been a 50/50 chance each time.

Harsha.1

Private First Class
@Al35ul CM At present the DotD sets cant be upgraded - many of us want to know if they will become upgradable sometime in the future or will they stay unupgradable like the summer bear set?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
@Al35ul CM At present the DotD sets cant be upgraded - many of us want to know if they will become upgradable sometime in the future or will they stay unupgradable like the summer bear set?
Yes, both the Cortez and the Cortina sets will be upgradable. The set provided at the different stages (the Los Muertos set) will not be upgradable nor will it be actionable.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
So.. seeing Individual item bonuses of Cortina set..
Apparently its Clothing set is very superior to R.Livingston's, in (almost) every way.

Now that's a good thing but ;

1st; Releasing this set with DotD while Damagers had theirs on the "Best" event called October(September)Fest is a really bad move.
We won't be able to drop as many of them and we won't be able get them during xmas either, because.. marketing policies!

So imo they Could/Should've released both together during Octoberfest, excluding the Cortina mount set.

2nd; Not having any Hiding skill on this set is really bad.
I see the reasoning but it'd be much better if it had minimal amount of it. Apart from the very little Mobility bonus that is.

As for Weapon set..
Apparently it made J.Fry Weapons (and any other Tanky one really) obsolete with all that Hp bonus.. which is an "insult" to those who bought and/or upgraded them..

But still, coulda use some Hiding.

Last edited:

aamgdp

Private
So far I ended thrice in second round and once in first round... small sample size, I know, but I'll keep track. The math won't lie by the end of the event, so it better check out.

quis

Private First Class
When or where will the new Questline appear? I Only got the message that the community event stage is unlocked. I searched saloon and the whole map with every questgiverpoint

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
When or where will the new Questline appear? I Only got the message that the community event stage is unlocked. I searched saloon and the whole map with every questgiverpoint
The questline will be available starting from the 29th of October.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Actually this new G. Cortez set is worse than Marshall's set. Even so, marshall set will be at holiday 2020 bags.

Are you guys sure this set even has to exist? It is literally senseless set, funny how dare you try to sell it for nuggets lately.
I urge you to check again (via https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/G._Cortez_set)
It offers tonna more LP than Marshal/Munich, allowing like 100 more levels of church building in total, so its OP af.

So much for "limiting" power-creep ey? :roll:

Btw Saddle doesn't seem to have its values assigned yet :huh:

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
I urge you to check again (via https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/G._Cortez_set)
It offers tonna more LP than Marshal/Munich, allowing like 100 more levels of church building in total, so its OP af.

So much for "limiting" power-creep ey? :roll:

Btw Saddle doesn't seem to have its values assigned yet :huh:
Yes now it is. Previously I just compared bonuses of the complete set, without every single item, as here at forum item values are not shown.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Simply cuz i'm the one who pays :D
See that's why absurd Power-creeps and scams happen..

I mean.. anyone is free to do whatever with their money of course, but when they boycott.. that's how "improvements" happen (like 3 cards instead of 2, although its still a lame gamble) and then they need to pay less :roll:
(And everyone enjoy the game more..)

Win-win for the company but hey

Guiri

Corporal
As a tank I think this is the set that gets me most excited since zapata or possibly pizarro. I disagree with many of the statements here.

Raider:
It's great that there is no hiding in the set, it should balance attack vs defence better. Cortina without hiding is still way better than Livinston with hiding.

Those that bought Fry weapons on the last sale should have known that it had been for sale for years and there would obviously be something better coming soon. I find this much less of a problem than Captain clothes being stronger than Union. Still, to get the Cortina rifle won't be easy especially if you want to upgrade.

We all know that the reward formula is broken, and that all InnoGames developers play as damagers, however this is a great step towards making things better. I will spend my nuggets that I have saved for years on this event. On beta in 3 days I have Cortina saddle, shoes from one spin a day. That is acceptable

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Cortina without hiding is still way better than Livinston with hiding.
Uhm, nop. Math says otherwise.
But I'm not fan of a "hollow Hp" & "critic fodder" called R.Livingston. I wish Station Manager offered some Hp.
Those that bought Fry weapons on the last sale should have known that it had been for sale for years and there would obviously be something better coming soon.
For years? It's actually fairly new. But it's sadly veeery slightly better than Zapata weapons.
Another example of Set designer being very biased/ignorant of Tanks.

On the other hand.. Lucille Weapons are around a lot longer than Fry and still quite powerful.
But it's not a Tank weapon set of course :roll:
I find this much less of a problem than Captain clothes being stronger than Union.
I can agree with that. (Even though it's useless in Defense)
But only because we didn't need any better Damager set. Current Tombola ones are powerful enough. And I don't even need to explain Union Officer's power at this point.

It's all (mainly) because of how cheesy the Damage and how weak the Resistance formulas are though.

Last edited:

Guiri

Corporal
My calcs, which of course can be wrong and then my whole argument is too. But according to them the difference in hiding does not make up for huge defence bonus, 100 more in dodge and almost 150 more in hp. Unless you wear a tank set to do damage