• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

The Day of the Dead 2020 Discussion

Contii

Reservist
J. Cortina clothing set bonus
  • + 1.00 Strength
  • + 1.00 Dexterity
  • + 0.80 Mobility
  • + 0.80 Charisma
    • +1.15 health points
    • +1.00 dodging
    • +0.90 leadership
    • +1.15 setting traps
  • +50 Resistance (Fort battle bonus)
  • +5 Multiplayer Defense (Fort battle bonus)

Are the attribut points correct or should that be +0.10 & +0.08?

leandro.colo

Reservist
I do not understand how it can be that every time they take out the news, they take it out without a complete bonus from the set, what is the use of knowing the bonus if you do not know what the clothes are wearing, or vice versa, what is the use of seeing the clothes if not I know then the set bonus.

Could you give me a line of the complete Al35ul set?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
J. Cortina clothing set bonus
  • + 1.00 Strength
  • + 1.00 Dexterity
  • + 0.80 Mobility
  • + 0.80 Charisma
    • +1.15 health points
    • +1.00 dodging
    • +0.90 leadership
    • +1.15 setting traps
  • +50 Resistance (Fort battle bonus)
  • +5 Multiplayer Defense (Fort battle bonus)

Are the attribut points correct or should that be +0.10 & +0.08?
That does look like an error on our side, it should indeed be 0.08. It will be rectified. Thank you for letting us know!

I do not understand how it can be that every time they take out the news, they take it out without a complete bonus from the set, what is the use of knowing the bonus if you do not know what the clothes are wearing, or vice versa, what is the use of seeing the clothes if not I know then the set bonus.

Could you give me a line of the complete Al35ul set?
You will be able to see each bonus of each individual item piece when the event starts.

Contii

Reservist
J. Cortina horse and saddle bonus
  • + 0.02 Strength
  • + 0.02 Dexterity
  • + 0.02 Charisma
    • +0.30 health points
    • +0.10 dodging
    • +0.10 leadership
    • +0.10 setting traps
  • +25 Resistance (Fort battle bonus)
  • +2.5 Multiplayer Defense (Fort battle bonus)

Could it be that there is something wrong with the health points? Livingston has + 0.5

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Actually this new G. Cortez set is worse than Marshall's set. Even so, marshall set will be at holiday 2020 bags.

Are you guys sure this set even has to exist? It is literally senseless set, funny how dare you try to sell it for nuggets lately.

Berchta

Reservist
I am very excited for this event. I need a good tank set. On another note, about the avatar from the original post..."please check if you don't already hate it". What if we do hate it? Do we get a refund. :D

mxj1

Private First Class
  • + 0.02 Strength
  • + 0.02 Dexterity
  • + 0.02 Charisma
    • +0.30 health points
    • +0.10 dodging
    • +0.10 leadership
    • +0.10 setting traps

Could it be that there is something wrong with the health points? Livingston has + 0.5
Maybe they will change it, livingston before buffs was trash too
at0y2yj.png
, imagine livingston's horse and saddle granting 1350hp instead of 2350 rn

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Wouldn't surprise me if they won't, given how trash Station manager's mount set is.

In any case it's "0 hiding" set so only useful for Defense battles.

And as for usual.. Damager sets becomes much stronger (and easier to get) while Tank sets have very slight improvements (if any!)

So for the Event.. well %66.66 chance to win something now, instead of %50, which is a nice improvement but you still only get to pick something Once (or Twice if you bought Nuggets! Lame) a day and it's still a real gambling..

Then they finally have some transparency this time.. (saying no xmas bags, will be sold later etc beforehand)
Dunno if it's some EU laws enforcing or not tho

Last edited:

Harsha.1

Private First Class
Improving the card game to give a better chance is definitely an improvement - I appreciate that over no improvement at all. But the thing remains that this set will be difficult to get for most players, while it's direct opposite counterpart, the Captain's set was very easy to get. I would much rather have seen both Captain and the Cortina's set in the same tombola, so that a sort of balance is maintained between tank and damager sets.

As others have pointed out, the Cortina's animal set and the construction set seem to be weak and not really worth the trouble - It would be good to see them improved.

ancoonbar

Private
Spoiler: Día De Los Muertos clothing set bonus
  • + 0.10 Strength
  • + 0.06 Dexterity
  • + 0.06 Mobility
  • + 0.10 Charisma
    • +0.90 swimming
    • +0.90 trading
    • +0.60 building
    • +0.60 leadership
    • +0.90 tactics
    • +0.90 shooting
  • +100 labor points
  • +35 Experience
  • +60 luck

Those last 2 needs to be in %? Also with the guns- and horseset.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Those last 2 needs to be in %? Also with the guns- and horseset.
If you mean the Experience and Luck, yes, in %.
  • + 0.02 Strength
  • + 0.02 Dexterity
  • + 0.02 Charisma
    • +0.30 health points
    • +0.10 dodging
    • +0.10 leadership
    • +0.10 setting traps

As others have pointed out, the Cortina's animal set and the construction set seem to be weak and not really worth the trouble - It would be good to see them improved.
Note that we are trying to stray away from creating ''over powered'' (as some might call them) sets that will simply make previous ones (Livingston, zapata) redundant. I understand that this has ,indeed, been the case for sets that suit duelers, thus I will make sure to pass on the feedback of possibly improving the Cortina animal set to some extent. Please note that this does not mean that it will happen.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I am all for "No Power-creep" policy buuut.. there is some .. inconsistency..
been the case for sets that suit duelers
Has it though?!

As much as I hate how we have separate Sets for Attack and Defense now, Captain set is quite superior to Murrieta & P. Mosey and is on par with P2W Union Officer, somewhat.
Only "downside" is, it doesn't have a Mount set and you can't use it as a Defender.

We even had a dedicated Forum thread for that Set..

I mean.. Damagers didn't even need such set to be able to penetrate Defenders.
Mosey (or even Amish clothing) does the trick more than enough.

Meanwhile, Nugget (Kodiak) Bear set still ain't even upgradable, lol.
And/or doesn't offer any Hp/Defense.

Not that it would offer real help but shows how biased the Set designer is, towards the Tanks.

Last edited:

Zulus

Private
"Note that we are trying to stray away from creating ''over powered'' (as some might call them) sets that will simply make previous ones redundant."

I cannot express how happy, no, ecstatic this makes me feel. However, if you do actually believe in what you have just said and that is the trend that is to be followed by InnoGames, why on earth did you bring out Captain set in its current form? On attack is just as good if not better then heavily cricised for ruining fort fights Union set. Yet when it comes to defence set that could and should be able to withstand some of the damage that we have on offer thesdays, an excuse book comes out with bla bla bla we dont want other sets to become redundant.

What you should in fact do, is to bring out a defence set that is on par with the powers and advantages that both Union and Captain set give damagers and make soldiers, advents and workers reskill back from their current damage builds and give them all an incentive and a chance to untilise their character classes the proper way, the way they were intended to be utilised. Right now they dont have a chance to do that.

Only after such defence set is made available for the masses during a tombola event, and we all have a defence and attack sets that are on par with each other, what you have said above will make a 100% sense and can be believed by most. Right now its just another poor excuse to protect the interests of one class and one class only. Hell only knows why.

Lastly, contrary to a popular InnoGames belief, most players do have heads on their shoulders and most do know how to use them, so while you are passing our feedback to InnoGames, maybe you should mention that too so they come up with better excuses for you to pass onto us.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I do get the impression that these Sets are based on National servers where there are (mostly) considerably more Tanks.. (Although Union Officer hurted them a lot too)

They (She) either ignore .Net completely or don't have any clue about it at all.
Even then any person with brain and an eye can see the absurd power-jump of Damager sets, while Tanky ones aren't getting really better in practice.

On the other hand, they didn't do any Reward balancing/improvement etc either to encourage Tanking a little bit, let alone scrapped Formula changes.

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

One thing that is ignored when creating tank sets, is that HP doesn't contribute to the attack and defence values, so while Livi set might only have, let's say, 20% less skill points than Union set, for example, it also has a large HP value, decreasing the tank set's relative effectiveness further.
This means tank sets are a lot weaker than damage sets, and making them equal may seem counter-productive to the new "not making OP sets" thing you're trying, as you'll have more Skill points, as some are being used for the HP element of the Tank set. The "punishment" for having more skill points from the extra HP is that you contribute less damage to the team, as you are penalised for HP in the damage formula.

I wish HP was capped or began harshly penalising at 10k and dodging was much more effective, so that making a dodging tank build is viable, compared to just dumping all in HP for longer survivability. 100+ dodges were common in the olden days and we were still able to kill all defenders, but it usually came down to a 50/50 on a competitive flag rush, which is arguably a lot more fun for leaders and players than just steam-rolling defenders every night, I don't know a single leader who is enjoying battles right now.

More can be done to actually make players want to play a tank class, we still haven't done anything to address the exodus of the tanks, and a leadership advent is still a better game-play choice for an individual, than an Advent being played the way it should be for the team.

You all know I'm still hoping for formula changes, as I don't think simply balancing the sets is enough to mitigate the power creep on a formula designed for Natty Bumpo's set-power. I do, however, believe that setting a "ceiling" for set power can enable formula changes, as no new set can come out and destroy that balance. So that's the best thing I've read from an InnoGames employee since they announced the return of Classic. Even if it's not a guarantee, at least someone finally understands.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
HP doesn't contribute to the attack and defence values
And it's not limited to Sets only.

When distributing Skill and Attribute points as a Tank you HAVE TO spare most, if not all, for Hp.
While Damagers will just cheesily spam 'one skill to rule them all: Leadership' to get both Damage, and Attack (Hit chance) but also Defense.

This fact, combined with superior total Skill points of Damager sets and then higher Attack bonus of Towers (compared to Defense) ends up being insane.
And it becomes worse and worse with every new Set.

They buffed Distance penalty and actually made it relevant again, but I don't/didn't see any difference really. (Damager hit ratios wise that is!)
With better and better Sets it's quite likely that it is doomed to be irrelevant again anyway. So I wish it was Stat/Attack based too.

Ps. Attackers still use Towers much longer anyhow.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Btw, didn't Last (5th) Stage have 2 Item Chests of the current Event ?!

Did InnoGames remove them?!
Wouldn't surprise me seeing such move :hmf:

Last edited:
sooo, how many of those three cards have the death card under them?
i got four death cards in four tries [two worlds with 2 free spins each].
so I don't see 'improvement' in the game yet.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Announcement says: "behind two cards is the Aztec Sun and behind the remaining one is the Grim Reaper."

But idk if that's always the case?