• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Stop - without spies on battles

catalin1994

Private
Hello pumpkin hunters.

I saw on beta server, to be more exactly world Alamogordo the leaders from alliances sent spies on battles.
I was thinking for a solution long time. I have one, i don't know if it is the best, but we can discuss it and we can improve it.
So we have to push the buton for join in battle, after that step, all players should to go in a waiting room. So if generals gives you the rank to participate in battle, only after you get a rank, you can see others details like your side, tactics, players in chat , fort battle chat all of those. If no one general gives ranks then here will be no one attaker or deffender. This part we can improve about battle. But let do something with spies in first step maybe.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
Good idea, and I add now something what make it more possible. Until you not get higher rank than recruit(or every registered start with reservist, than you need higher rank than reservist for see everyone), only see blank map, you can place your character and set your offline target, but you don't see more.

DeletedUser4437

Hello pumpkin hunters.

I saw on beta server, to be more exactly world Alamogordo the leaders from alliances sent spies on battles.
I was thinking for a solution long time. I have one, i don't know if it is the best, but we can discuss it and we can improve it.
So we have to push the buton for join in battle, after that step, all players should to go in a waiting room. So if generals gives you the rank to participate in battle, only after you get a rank, you can see others details like your side, tactics, players in chat , fort battle chat all of those. If no one general gives ranks then here will be no one attaker or deffender. This part we can improve about battle. But let do something with spies in first step maybe.
Great idea.
No one can place their character into a specific spot until last few minutes of that waiting room time unless you select the option called "off line" which will choose a spot for you. Doing this would keep a large % from being able to spy and set up attack/defense ahead of the fight since there wouldn't be enough time to do so.

asdf124

Private First Class
Hello pumpkin hunters.

Big problem is, it is gonna be abused to simply lock whomever they hate another person.

Which isn't healthy at all and sickening if peeps do that with small mistakes from the other person who "wronged" em.

But I like the idea.

DeletedUser3951

Why stop spies in fort battles? Gathering intelligence on the enemy is part of warfare. Just like multiple attacks to confuse the enemy.

Instead of changing the mechanics of the game, learn to identify and feed the spies with false information.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
Why stop spies in fort battles? Gathering intelligence on the enemy is part of warfare. Just like multiple attacks to confuse the enemy.

Instead of changing the mechanics of the game, learn to identify and feed the spies with false information.

If I login to battle, I can see where they standing. You can't do anything about it. So your only solutions multiple attacks? Worst solutions ever, only killing fort battles.

asdf124

Private First Class
So, you stop the spies, but you have 40-50 offliners set randomly because they can't see the chat topic? Please, no thank you.
Can have the leaders set an automatic placement on the offliners who aren't ranked if they didn't fill....

foscock

Private
Seriously? You want to turn ranking a battle in to a 24 hour job? And if that's not enough, a general (I presume) needs to place everyone? It's hard enough to find people willing to rank & lead, this would make it 10 times as hard.

asdf124

Private First Class
Seriously? You want to turn ranking a battle in to a 24 hour job? And if that's not enough, a general (I presume) needs to place everyone? It's hard enough to find people willing to rank & lead, this would make it 10 times as hard.
I said automatic placement ie automated(if leader sets the placement as E, the AI would automatically be placed their without the player knowing it.)

The coding is already in adventures, so you can easily have it for fort fights but more advanced would be to include ability to have high hp take most line of sight.

asdf124

Private First Class
Random placement of offliners is hardly an improvement, and you don't even consider setting targets.
It isn't random, high hp is set for left or right, dependent on the setting made by the leader with least line of sight for low hp.

foscock

Private
That's still very random. What if offline orders were...

"Split attack, Advents set for east & west walls, high hp set north wall (near towers), duelers set middle north wall"

You think a leader would be able to click once and get that to happen, without a large amount of development? And which of the generals or captains is the "leader", there's no concept of a "leader" in the code?

The code that you say is already in Adventures to handle auto-placement is just a random number assignment, with a tiny bit of logic to choose a spot that isn't already occupied. It doesn't deal with Classes, hp, los, target setting or any number of other factors that would need to be considered.

asdf124

Private First Class
That's still very random. What if offline orders were...

"Split attack, Advents set for east & west walls, high hp set north wall (near towers), duelers set middle north wall"

You think a leader would be able to click once and get that to happen, without a large amount of development? And which of the generals or captains is the "leader", there's no concept of a "leader" in the code?

The code that you say is already in Adventures to handle auto-placement is just a random number assignment, with a tiny bit of logic to choose a spot that isn't already occupied. It doesn't deal with Classes, hp, los, target setting or any number of other factors that would need to be considered.
As I said before, everything can be programmed even auto placement with complexity.

The easiest and a very bad way to code it is with lots of one simple command.

foscock

Private
Oh I see, you're living in fantasy land. Of course, anything can be programmed, with enough resources. If you think that will happen here, for the reason of "getting rid of spies"...you're deluded.

And no, you didn't say that before, you've sort of been making this up as you go without any thought.

Last edited:

asdf124

Private First Class
Oh I see, you're living in fantasy land. Of course, anything can be programmed, with enough resources. If you think that will happen here, for the reason of "getting rid of spies"...you're deluded.

And no, you didn't say that before, you've sort of been making this up as you go without any thought.
It is relatively easy to code it with every precaution.

It just takes a bit of time as it is a long code to write.

And no I am not, it isn't just for removing "spies" but also to make sure that leaders actually have the ability to make players set on right setting.

It will also help players feel calm to join fort fights using mobile phones(most of those don't have ability to join)

Class isn't a factor, however, los, hp are. They are just two factors that are needed to be considered, yet, you want to complicate things.

You seem to only see the negative in what I reply, so you are clearly being biased.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3951

And no I am not, it isn't just for removing "spies" but also to make sure that leaders actually have the ability to make players set on right setting.

It will also help players feel calm to join fort fights using mobile phones(most of those don't have ability to join)

Class isn't a factor, however, los, hp are. They are just two factors that are needed to be considered, yet, you want to complicate things.

You seem to only see the negative in what I reply, so you are clearly being biased.

And why would players want the leader to control where they start, set target and move to in the fight? Maybe I see something the leader missed, and move accordingly.

And since when is class not a factor? Have you been up against leadership duellers strategicly placed between 4 leadership soldiers in the soldier tower, with HP soldiers in the corners? Or tried to shoot down a premium adventurer going for flag? Class matters, especially when players knows how to make the best of it. So a lot more than two factors needs to be considered, so it is you that want to complicate things by having Innogames create thousands of lines of code (with all the bugs that will bring) just to remove a spy...

Spies are just as much a part of the game as multi-attacks, duellers that only target the weakest available enemy and the players that likes to build church for weeks...

foscock

Private
You've never seen the existing code or database, so you have absolutely no way to determine if this would be "relatively easy to code".
Of course it would, and it should be blatantly obvious that for that reason alone, this will never happen.
You think class isn't a factor? You've never seen offline orders that have different orders for different classes?

asdf124

Private First Class
You've never seen the existing code or database, so you have absolutely no way to determine if this would be "relatively easy to code".

Coding is an international language where you can code things using coding languages, so even if someone who doesn't know the existing database/code can know based on experience.

And why would players want the leader to control where they start, set target and move to in the fight? Maybe I see something the leader missed, and move accordingly.

And since when is class not a factor? Have you been up against leadership duellers strategicly placed between 4 leadership soldiers in the soldier tower, with HP soldiers in the corners? Or tried to shoot down a premium adventurer going for flag? Class matters, especially when players knows how to make the best of it. So a lot more than two factors needs to be considered, so it is you that want to complicate things by having Innogames create thousands of lines of code (with all the bugs that will bring) just to remove a spy...

Spies are just as much a part of the game as multi-attacks, duellers that only target the weakest available enemy and the players that likes to build church for weeks...
So, you try to get back to saying that it is just about spies?

I just wanted to have a baseground to start with, and you claim that I am complexing things?

I know that classes can be a factor but this is mostly for the starting phase and yet you are blindly firing at me for what happens usually in the 40-50'th rounds!

Complicating things for the developer, yet making things easier for the users......

You are still being biased foscock.

DeletedUser500

I don't really like this idea, it has too many flaws. On a different note, Cata, can you tell me who we're sending as spies so i can deal with that? I haven't been on much but if we've gone back to that crap, i'll deal with it :P