• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

State of migration on various mutations

erewan

Reservist
Hello guys,

on CZ we are dealing with issues of old servers dying with not many available options for migration. We have two big non-premium servers which are disabled for migration even though a lot of people would love to transfer their accounts there, instead you can pretty much only migrate from one old server to another, or there's one premium old server which is quite decent but almost everyone already has a character on it, so it's not really an option for most of the active playerbase.

It's funny because in the past both non-premium servers were opened for a migration from premium servers, but this was disabled like 2 years ago and wasn't adressed ever since.

We have only recently migrated Dakota (server from 2012, was pretty much dead for years now) and against many requests of remaining players they weren't allowed to choose from the good servers for their new home, and Eldorado from 2013 is still waiting, even though it's literally 10 years old and almost noone plays there.

This means people are jailed on old incative servers YEARS after real server's lifespan ends, and even then they most likely lose their character if there are only limited options for migration available.

Do you have the same experience as we do? How's migration on your language mutation? I think there's no reason for game devs to make us lose those accounts while we could use them and spend more money on them on active servers, maybe together we could make some changes possible!

DeletedUser500

On En we have had no migrations from any world.
I would suggest you are lucky to get what you did.

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
In .RU they are migrating one dead world to another instead of moving players to still active one

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
that migration to a non-premium world is restricted, I can totally understand
but why is migration FROM a non-premium to any other world prohibited?

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
SO many players have already been lost to never come back because of InnoGames taking too long to open migration. It is happening but much too slowly.

Open migration from dead worlds to more popular ones now!

Edit:

Another thing I have noticed, it is good cross-world trading isn't ban-able but I think too many worlds are just an accessory world to farm and trade items to beta, colorado or montana which really effects the market of these dead worlds, as many traders with no care for how much items sell / trade for flood the market.

The more migration is opened and people are funnelled towards the same few worlds the more likely this will not be a problem as they'll all be valuable worlds worth playing on.

Last edited: