• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Solution to stop Market Theives

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Over 2 years ago players asked for a 1 to 1 trading system to stop thieves from intercepting items and products meant for others
Sadly it was never given any attention

I have a proposal that will hopefully be considered by the Developers

Currently there are 3 options on the Market being (World) (Alliance Members) and (Town Members)
How difficult would it be to add a new option named (Friends)
If you want to sell items or products to someone and ensure they get them, you would just need to add them to your Friends List to implement a safe sale
Then you could remove them after the sale is completed, leaving room to add another player if required
I'm not saying it's fool proof by any means, but it would definitely cut down on the frustration that players are feeling
Everyone is fearful of exchanging Items at cost price, so this proposal would help to put players minds at rest
Please consider my proposal

Thanks
The-Iceman

Last edited:

sam--

Reservist
Hi

Sorry, but I am not for.

The wild West it is all this. With these cowboys, these farmers, these duellists, these thieves of horses and many of the others.

Each of us has to pay attention with whom he negotiates.

It still polishes a little more the game and the spirit of TW it is good that. The mutual aid is magnificent but the game imposes these laws.

DeletedUser2271

Only support it if there is a 99 hours block into the friend list after kicking someone out. So after taking someone out, you can only add someone else after 99 hours have passed. (Including the same player...)
That would control abuses and multi-accounting moves.

DeletedUser4271

Hi

Sorry, but I am not for.

The wild West it is all this. With these cowboys, these farmers, these duellists, these thieves of horses and many of the others.

It still polishes a little more the game and the spirit of TW it is good that. The mutual aid is magnificent but the game imposes these laws.

Imagine everytime you get killed in the game your character gets deleted...thats not so awesome is it?
your problem is that you dont take into consideration that this is a game, it does not have to be fully realistic , if one implementation decreses the quality of the game but it makes it more authentic its generally a bad decision .

- In my oppinion , right now market thieves only frustrates players , makes them curse in chat which leads to bans and concludes into their abandonment of the game .
- It encourages less playtime via just stealing an item instead of hard working for it .
- And i think that this change will shift a part of the rivality of 2 or multiple aliances , towns, players etc. from stealing each other's items to winning eachother's forts or winning duels .

I FULLY SUPPORT THIS PROPOSAL.

DeletedUser4246

Yeah, really! If it is "true spirit of the west" and "realistic" you are after, why not make duels require "acceptance"? lol

I challenge you to a duel! You change your clothes, accept, and we duel. That's what a true duel is, isn't it? :P

DeletedUser4246

FWIW, I also support the "cool down" period between adding and deleting people from your friends list.

Sounds good.
I never lost something to Market theives. If you want to have less chance of theives, better:
- sell something when the buyer is online at the same time with you
- invite him or you go to his town and sell only to town members
- put the item you want to sell at higher price

DeletedUser3981

I support this but the cooldown needs to be added indeed to prevent multi accounts that push eachoter

DeletedUser4313

Over 2 years ago players asked for a 1 to 1 trading system to stop thieves from intercepting items and products meant for others
Sadly it was never given any attention

I have a proposal that will hopefully be considered by the Developers

Currently there are 3 options on the Market being (World) (Alliance Members) and (Town Members)
How difficult would it be to add a new option named (Friends)
If you want to sell items or products to someone and ensure they get them, you would just need to add them to your Friends List to implement a safe sale
Then you could remove them after the sale is completed, leaving room to add another player if required
I'm not saying it's fool proof by any means, but it would definitely cut down on the frustration that players are feeling
Everyone is fearful of exchanging Items at cost price, so this proposal would help to put players minds at rest
Please consider my proposal

Thanks
The-Iceman

Maybe there can be a space to add a certain player to the sale of an item, friend or no friend, and only that player can see the item for sale in the market.

DeletedUser4329

as stated by Iceman, why not just add a Friend Sale, and only that player can buy it, if name is attached, EX: **So I sell something to Iceman, his name attached, he can only buy it**.... Not even sure its feesable, but Town, Alliance, World, Friends...

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
Hi

Sorry, but I am not for.

I'm with this viewpoint.

It's not so hard to avoid market thieves

DeletedUser4328

I'm with this viewpoint.

It's not so hard to avoid market thieves
ToxicAngel13 refreshed every other second for a few hours, and stole pretty much every deal that came up, Generally you can avoid them, but having 1 thing stolen is a massive hit to the bank, and more for him, and he's stolen millions in gear now just by camping the markets, It is easy to avoid thieves since there are only a few but when they're online its very difficult, Its easier to steal than stopping your items from being stolen.

Its very simple to add this system, and even the hardest of games have a safe trading method, a safe trading system for those who spend money on the game without a doubt should be added.