• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Situation of the Game

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
^ Update to above

I've seen a lot of upgraded Cortina users (with Nugget Bear and Mask) in several (defense) Battles now.
And.. unlike theoretical thoughts of some people.. practically it doesn't change much compared to (hollow Hp) Livingston Clothing set + Nugget Bear.
Amounts of survived Hits and Dodges wise that is. Basically because Damager Hit ratios and Damages/Critical hits are too high to be affected by 'em**

It'd be better if Captain set wasn't OP and much easier to get/upgrade though.
Or, if InnoGames continued with FF balancing while encouraging being a Tank (via Rewards etc) instead of the opposite. I mean.. having a half or 1/3 team of Damagers/Duelers don't really help now does it?

**Of course there is an issue of Tanks/New players not dealing any Damage to the users of Nugget Bear & Cortina..
That's one of the important issues putting off newbies and Tanks, which, new Formulas were about to fix, but got cancelled..

I got completely different situation. Tanks with cortina are now very powerful. We even tested advent on class tower with soldier nearby. The advent with Cortina gets at least 80 dodges. Advent blocking north sector stayed there 5 rounds at least against full enemy sector shooting.

Same tested on soldiers. Surely crits are now 4k, but overall much more dodges. Tank soldier on tower corner now stays for at least 5 rounds compared to 3 rounds livingston.

Very interesting to see worker with a complete Cortina (unfortunately our tank workers are not very donating guys ). Anyway, the set increases chances for defense alot.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
In which server though?
I take Colorado (of .Net) as reference since it is the only server with decent number of active FF'ers at any time to fill/or get very close to fill a Medium fort (or even Big at times)

The real absurdity is though, we can't even catch up to Nugget-Free damagers with our Nugget Tank sets.

Last edited:

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
In which server though?
I take Colorado (of .Net) as reference since it is the only server with decent number of active FF'ers at any time to fill/or get very close to fill a Medium fort (or even Big at times)

The real absurdity is though, we can't even catch up to Nugget-Free damagers with our Nugget Tank sets.

Montana at .ru (RU-18)

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
So a national server, like I guessed. And relatively new.
You seem to have good enough numbers for Medium forts though so that's something.

By looking at https://www.westforts.com/ru18/battles I don't see any extraordinary number of Dodges/Survived shots.

For a Russian server you don't have high total Hp but I don't see as many "real" Damagers as we do. (Not even close to 1/3 of both Teams)
Of course idk how many are Captain/Union Officer users either.

Last edited:

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
So a national server, like I guessed.
But you seem to have good enough numbers for Medium forts so that's something.

By looking at https://www.westforts.com/ru18/battles I don't see any extraordinary number of Dodges/Survived shots.

For a Russian server you don't have high total Hp but I don't see as many "real" Damagers as we do. (Not even close to 1/3 of both Teams)
Of course idk how many are Captain/Union Officer users either.
I compare current battles with those that were in period after Captain's sales availeable and before DotD.

For 70 players attacking there are 15+ damage dealers in captain. But no more than 20

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Yea that makes sense.
If majority of shooters are Tanks it's quite good, since Tanks don't get to have absurd Attack (Hit chance) and Damage values of Damagers.

In .Net however.. Lowest number of Duelers are 1/3 of each team.
Then you have other classes with Damage skills and/or gear.

So in any case Sets ain't the only problem.
Damage formula is just too cheesy and quite rewarding.

Last edited:

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Yea that makes sense.
If majority of shooters are Tanks it's quite good, since Tanks don't get to have absurd Attack (Hit chance) and Damage values of Damagers.

In .Net however.. Lowest number of Duelers are 1/3 of each team.
Then you have other classes with Damage skills and/or gear.

I honestly don't know if they are releasing the sets based on National servers or not.
But in any case Sets ain't the only problem.

Damage formula is just too cheesy and quite rewarding.

Well i guess the formula should be left as it it, while rewards for fort battle to be revised.

First of all, higher experience pool. Secondly, muuuuuch higher impact of dodges/taken hits on experience, bonds gain and fort RATING. Because plenty of people play "damage dealers" just in order to be high on in-game ranking and westforts.
Also maybe adding some bonuses for high HP players, for example in adventures., or anywhere else. Just in order to make tanks more playable not only as fort fighter, but in other aspects of game.

Deleted User - 21782

on German servers, balancing has definetly improved with changed fort sizes and the new Cortina set.
I think we are on the right track. There will probably be a defensive damage set aswell as a offensive tank set next year, so we will see if this will have more impact.

The formula that was tested on IFBC server introduced a lot of different problems, it was completely counter-intuitive to increase damage by skilling some HP.

I think the biggest issue right now that has to be adressed is the adventurer class. Worker and soldier have benefited from the new distance penalty and buffed towers, but adventurers were left behind. The character bonus needs to be changed as the high damage that duelists put out can melt even tanky adventurers pretty quickly. The ghosting is also way too much dependent on RNG and therefore not reliable at all.

Another thing that I´ve noticed is that a tank with Cortina set + summer spirit has so much resistance, that other tanks will automatically miss or only deal like 5 damage, while the resistance does not really matter when a leadership duellist is shooting at you.
Maybe it would be better if the resistance is percentage based instead of flat, so it will be more effective against leadership skillers and less frustrating for the opposing tanks.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
other tanks will automatically miss or only deal like 5 damage
Yup, mentioned it above, and mentioned it about half a year ago too.
Always been an issue but now it's more clear.

Poor newbies too btw.
while the resistance does not matter when a leadership dueler/damager is shooting at you.
Sadly.
Maybe it would be better if the resistance is percentage based instead of flat, so it will be more effective against leadership skillers and less frustrating for the opposing Tanks.
We've suggested that many times too and sadly last time Diggo said that it will never happen.

But we don't really know if he meant it "can't" happen because of coding limitations or "will not happen because it'd be too much effort and would need huge overhaul of the Fort Fighthing"
The character bonus needs to be changed
Well.. All Classes could use some rework tbh..
I had some ideas once. (https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/situation-of-the-game.3477/post-36930)
The formula that was tested on IFBC server introduced a lot of different problems, it was completely counter-intuitive to increase damage by skilling some HP.
Many times I've said that it was (or, they were, including Resistance) far from "perfect" but it was in the right direction and only needed "Fine tuning"

If anything, the tested Damage formula had eliminated the cheesy "Spam Leadership until you die of old age" and brought decent "Diminishing returns"
But yea.. Rip.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Half a year later..

We got an Attacking Tank set with some Hit chance boost via Aiming, which is nice, but not much of an upgrade over the Tank set of 2019 Indy (called Livingston) when it comes to Tanking.

I can't say it will not help to Attackers at all but I can see from the calculations that it won't be enough.

Should've had more Resistance (for 5 and 6 pieces Clothing Set bonus) at the very least.

So that's Fort battles part..
I will leave the rest to others..

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
We know Mobile App ain't coming but is there any plan to make a Mobile Website or at least some adjustments to it that frickin keyboard doesn't pop-up to every single thing and disturb the UI (Zoom in/out etc) and make the game unplayable with Phones?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
We know Mobile App ain't coming but is there any plan to make a Mobile Website or at least some adjustments to it that frickin keyboard doesn't pop-up to every single thing and disturb the UI (Zoom in/out etc) and make the game unplayable with Phones?
I do not believe this is something that can be changed within the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Another Lucille SALE :D

I haven`t seen this one coming :D

Now the said thing is my comment in 7 hours got 4x the like as the original announcement more than 2 days... That is just shows you no developers nor community managers has a clue what would the players like... Please get people employed at InnoGames who cares about this game and maybe it wont die...

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
I believe the Lasso along with Summer spirits are the only sets that has some bigger sales among playerbase. (Maybe with Deputy chef)
And since they are unable to create new sets that would make sense/be interesting to players or they would be just straight weak/bad they just resell these. xD
Good thing black friday with cash grab coming too later prolly as usual because it will be first sale on new worlds again. :')

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
We are always open to any new ideas or feedback, what to change or add to this game. We are always open to any communication (like here in the forum, dm, or by sending us ticket).
So don't be silent, share with us what you think will be a great addition to the game or what part you want to change, or anything else that will help improve the game.
We are always sending forward all of the thoughts, opinions, feedbacks, and anything that you are sharing with us.
I want to say a big thank you to every player, who is playing this game with us as, without them, this game would not be here, but thanks to them, we are here and we can discuss a topic like ''why is this sale is happening every year.