• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Situation of the Game

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Yea as a Tank you gotta put tons of SP (if not all) into Hp while Damagers put all into Leadership..
And default Attack value is 15 more than Defense (see HERE) ..

Then there are sets like Union Officer & Mosey.. Boosting hit (therefore Critic) chance even further.
(Notice how they are left out from FF championship!)

Furthermore, majority of sets are Hiding boosted. And since Defense can't hold Tower & Wall(s) ...

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
So..
It's been a whole year since the genius invention of Union Officer, which provided about %50 more Damage and Hit ratios (therefore more Critics) than Upgraded up-to-date Tombola counterparts, which you already know, and there hasn't been any attempt to Nerf it, at all.

There hasn't been any attempt to balance ANY PvP stuff at all either. Like Formula, Reward balancing and all that.

Instead, all we seem to get is, back-to-back endless waves of Event hordes with related Nugget item sales.
While I believe having never ending Events is bad, Sets not being OP at all is something I am thankful for, as long as they are relevant.

I mean, if InnoGames finally seen their power-creep policy mistakes (amplified with Upgrades) and stopped doing that, it's great.
BUT
It's not like previous OP (Damager) sets are disappeared, or balanced/nerfed.

I have LOTS of suggestions written around here but;
If only Resistance and Damage bonuses were percentage based

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Oh, let me add that I'm also playing in IFBC and, in contrary to my prediction, Damagers have the upper-hand without Nugget gear too.

Murrieta duelers can have really good hit ratios and go up to 50-60K damages, against R.Livingston set (with Zapata weapons) that came more than a half year later.

So technically 1 damager can kill 3 (Soldier) Tanks, or even more if you count Workers/Advents.

Again,
If only Resistance and Damage bonuses were percentage based

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

Cataloguing the perfectly balanced PvP on the IFBC world for future reference.

iEbk4ZZ.png

It was interesting to re-read this thread, and the passion of some players who've posted about the universal problems we all have with the PvP, and the universally agreed steps that should be taken to improve things, but i'm sure neither of the two people who could make a game design decision visits any forums to read player feedback. Hopefully Leones didn't give up fighting for us :lol:

IFBC server, once the competition is finished would be the perfect opportunity to test attack and defence number changes, and tower bonus changes, and base att/def value changes, and class bonus changes, etc etc., all on a separate branch of the game which won't effect any income streams, since beta is just a cheap nugget regular world now.

Last edited by a moderator:

mxj1

Private First Class
The IFBC battles are attacker-sided only because of sets we've been given, with any other combination of sets the meta/balance would be diffrent.
Imagine starting with Mosey's set instead of Murrieta's and removing 150 dmg bonus out of every sector(-300 for full leadership players), then killing all defenders would be almost impossible

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
The main point here is, game is highly skewed in favor of Attackers and Damage (Sets giving Higher Hiding than Traps, high Stat Bonuses almost neutralizing the Tower/Wall bonuses etc etc, wrote all that many times)

Still, you have a point that "Sector Bonus Damage" and its amplifier in Formula has huge effect and all (as I said tonsa times too), but;

1st; you are forgetting that Mosey doesn't have a Mount set, so they would have to give Murrieta mount set anyway. (45x2 = 90 dmg, more or less)

2nd; Damagers (especially Attackers, again!) would have even higher Hit ratios.
I mean even against Murrieta, mounted Tanks (with Upgraded Sets) on their own Tower don't get to dodge more than 35-40 times for the most part and die within 25-35 shoots.
It says enough for the unbiased.

Now lets think of Beta, .NET etc..
Combine Mosey's higher hit ratio (& higher Leadership bonus) with Murrieta/Union sector.. You will mainly see 1200-300 damage per hit, instead of Murri's avg 1k, and less hit ratio.

Heh, of course genius invention of Union Officer will do at least 1500-1700 avg damage, and will have even higher Hit ratio..
AND STILL NOT NERFED EVEN A TAD BIT TO DATE.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
So.. it's been almost a whole year since the start of this thread (and even more for others) but sadly the only really positive thing is the '% Based Structure Bonuses & Updated Distance Penalty in Fort Battles. (Sadly no changes for now-inefffective Buffs though..)
Formulas almost got changed too but now.. that plan got scrapped for good I guess.. :hmf:

I think, "Power-Creep" effect is slowed down a little bit.. but.. we didn't see DotD of this year yet.. And the P2W'ness of it.

Meanwhile.. I see Indian supposedly speed set has been made "Level-Based" too, which is also somewhat positive but.. someone again 'forgot' to add "Horseback riding" to it, or update the speed bonus of the Mustang Horse at least.
Only ever use of it was Low-Levels and now it will be bad then too.. Sooo idk why even bother?!

On a side note.. Thankfully there hasn't been any new P2W nugget PvP set..

There has been new bad/negative things.. Like more/new P2W and/or P2P & harder 'Clicky Click' Events..
As far as I can tell.. their absurd Frequency ain't really changed either..

Meanwhile.. Union Officer madness and DPS (or DPH if you will) simulator goes on strong..

So yeah, all-in-all.. we are in a deadlock at best.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Johnson

Private First Class
I love your coining The West as a "DPS simulator", Raider. That is so true. I have to say based on simple observation that Innogames is allowing this intentionally because it is probably really profitable that way or at worst the only way to make The West solvent as a game property.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Well, it's no rocket-science that they rely on the "DPS players are more prone to spend real money" theory..
But it's a lame and not very realistic theory..

It only happens because they make Tank sets weak af while Damager ones are OP af.

SisterAbigail

Reservist
I simply don't get your point again, Raider. I am a soldier tank, and since the rework there are only a few battles where I did not dodge 100+. Generally, tanks have become better, if you play around the towers. The current changes seem to have balanced the attacking-defending sides.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I can't believe when someone defends this DPS simulator. (By ignoring aaall the issues)
Are you a new player? Lol.

I don't know which server you are talking of but I simply don't/didn't see any real improvements on .Net

100 dodges ain't really much or extraordinary when you don't survive more than 30-40 shoots.
Basically 2-3 rounds to die on point so no change on that.

Last edited:

SisterAbigail

Reservist
Well I am kind of "new", yet lvl 150 so there is no point talking about that. I am not saying that 100 is much, what I said was that it was usually more than that. On 3 occasions more than 200, even.
Still, the current system is a balanced one in my opinion. You should not be able to tank a tower for 4 rounds when 100 players shoot at you, that would be just pointless, like your argument in this case.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
200 dodges? Where? On .NET? With how many Damagers? With or without Unioners?!

I didn't say it's been worse than before. I'm simply saying "IT'S NOT ENOUGH"
And.. Surviving 4 rounds is too much? So you don't feel useless after 2 rounds? Just.. lol.

I don't wanna list all the issues FFs and rewarding system have..
Have tons of posts regarding those.

SisterAbigail

Reservist
So if you would survive 4 rounds, then what would happen if there were 10 of you? Holding the tower for 40 rounds, that would be fair? I sent you a PM regarding the whereabouts of my presence though. HU 13, but you can find the same stats on HU1 and HU14, and there are tons of Union sets ^^

SisterAbigail

Reservist
You are avoiding my point again. Look at the battles during the event, then you will be able to find that amount of dodges frequently. And whatever server I look into on .net, the best ratio was 1/4 of players being damagers.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
So if you would survive 4 rounds, then what would happen if there were 10 of you?
I get what you are saying and I know what you mean.

What you are missing is though, point doesn't take whole shoots of the opposite side. If it is, then Battle leader/person in point doing something horribly wrong with LoS control.
At least 2 to 4 people should share the shoots. And 2-3 rounds is me considering that. Otherwise none can survive 2 rounds (or 1 even, at times) eating 90 something shoots per round.
Look at the battles during the event, then you will be able to find that amount of dodges frequently. And whatever server I look into on .net, the best ratio was 1/4 of players being damagers.
I checked Battles before the changes too.
I don't see any visible/considerable chang afterwards.

1/4 are Damagers?! LOL

If you think National servers are on same state with .Net, sorry but you are imagining things I'm afraid..
Or you have no clue at all..

Oh and, what of poor Worker Tanks? Adventurer Tanks/Blockers?!

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Well, it's been a month since my last "evaluation" of the State of the game and now we have seen DotD.
It's "improved" but not so much, like I've guessed.

Sadly the Sets won't be in xmas bags (again) nor they will be possible to get via Bonds in any possible way. (Like, getting a "Free Card" with them, or buy a chest of them)
That is, until a whole year later when they will most likely be irrelevant.

And of course it has a decent Tank set (although it has no Hiding) while Damagers had theirs on best/easiest event called Oktober(September)Fest.
Not Fair. Therefore, sadly, It's not likely that we will see a real change to Attacker/Damager superiority.

While that's going on.. I think they are finished, or very close to be, updating all generic Item-sets of the game. So here's hoping they will move on to other updating projects.

I mean.. They did update Travelling Fair buffs but.. They are irrelevant/unnecessary in the age of Tombola sets.
I wish we could exchange them via Angus though.

Now if only they updated the Craft buffs that are relevant to Fort Fights.
Still hoping for an Amulet update for example, like Percentage based Hp bonus. And/Or some buff with Resistance accompanying a Defensive skill.

Oh btw, we of course have another batch of "new" servers across all non-Beta "markets" ... without any migration/merge ..

And, I do wonder what are they gonna do with the Player-made Guide videos :boone:
I mean.. Getting new players is one thing.. Keeping them around is another.. Quite hard without a decent Tutorial/Start-up and a Mobile-App in this era.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
^ Update to above

I've seen a lot of upgraded Cortina users (with Nugget Bear and Mask) in several (defense) Battles now.
And.. unlike theoretical thoughts of some people.. practically it doesn't change much compared to (hollow Hp) Livingston Clothing set + Nugget Bear.
Amounts of survived Hits and Dodges wise that is. Basically because Damager Hit ratios and Damages/Critical hits are too high to be affected by 'em**

It'd be better if; Captain set wasn't OP and wasn't much easier to get/upgrade though.
Or, if InnoGames continued with FF balancing while encouraging being a Tank (via Rewards etc) instead of the opposite. I mean.. having a half or 1/3 team of Damagers/Duelers don't really help now does it?

**Of course there is an issue of Tanks/New players not dealing any Damage to the users of Nugget Bear & Cortina..
That's one of the important issues putting off newbies and Tanks, which, new Formulas were about to fix, but got cancelled..

Last edited: