• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest! This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost. Try to not break any of the rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Situation of the Game

lulumcnoob

Sergeant
Former Team Member
It's like walking into Apple and demanding that they stop selling their products because they're too expensive and not everyone can afford them.
It's like walking into Apple, and telling them that a basic function like their SMS app doesn't work properly, the battery used to be awesome in the past but now it lasts for 3 hours, their music manager is years out of date; here's all the ways you could improve it since you always ask for customer feedback... And the wee guy in the store presents you with a new phone to buy with all of the same problems as the last one, but it now has 5% more VRAM, but that increase in power directly makes the problems you experienced with the product even worse.
But if you buy the phone 3x and upgrade it you can kinda sorta get a better working phone than everyone else!

If i was an Apple fanboy in this fictional analogy, i'd be disappointed. In reality I just really want to be an InnoGames fan but quite frankly the product has degraded to the point where i can't be and the playerbase is probably spread too thinly for PVP to properly function in most servers, and I suppose people like me wish to express those feelings to the annoyance of a couple who have expressed that they are happy with the current state of the game.

Last edited:

lulumcnoob

Sergeant
Former Team Member
True, but you don't wanna know how much worse they would have been if the Beta team didn't do their QA for them. Until i just felt like we got as ignored as the general players so i became one again to moan about how bad InnoGames are :p

RaiderTr

Corporal
On a not totally related note;
I was wondering why the Hombre weapons' concept was discontinued, which is both Hp & Resist on a Weapon set. (Some people is still after it even tho it's from '16)
R. Livingston had mount set instead of Weapons so it didn't happen for that one.

Now we do have "Shiny Golden set" but it doesn't have Resist, its stat bonuses are "meh" and it's becoming obsolete by the day so I'd rather use and suggest (upgraded) Zapata's even though it doesn't have Hp.
But yea, Zapata is from '18 and Courtier's ain't fit to use as 2 items (No resist or Defense bonus that way)

Sooo... maybe some surprise for us at Easter? :roll:

> And on a more related note;
We understand that you won't get to Update any Mechanics/Formulas any time soon, but please at least acknowledge that they are Outdated/Imbalanced and don't act like they are perfectly fine and keep favoring Damager sets over Tanks' .. (compare Summer Spirits, aka Nugget Bear set, J.Fry with Union Officer and see what I mean...)

I'm totally certain that you very well know the effects of that mistake though. (Although I don't even see a single attempt to nerf)
It costed game at least %25 of the remaining player base, along with about %50 competent Battle Leaders, which directly affecting the quality of (imo still the only proper PvP of the game) Fort Battles, but not limited to that.

I mean even the "best" Fort Battle server, the one and only gets to fill the Mediums, Colorado, struggles to find a person who is willing to take that/or any related responsibility. Everyone is demotivated af ever since.

And who knows what would be the effects of another such "mistake" ..

If only Resistance and Damage bonuses were percentage based

Last edited:

Harsha.1

Private First Class
These two reports probably show in the greatest clarity the situation of the game - in both, played as a premium worker.

You can literally dodge better as a pure LD damager rather than as a tank with a build geared towards dodging. This shows why we are in a destructive feedback loop - people dont dodge well as tanks, become damagers. More damagers mean the remaining tanks dont dodge as well and they reskill as well, just to stay interested in the game.

RaiderTr

Corporal
Yea as a Tank you gotta put tons of SP (if not all) into Hp while Damagers put all into Leadership..
And default Attack value is 15 more than Defense (see HERE) ..

Then there are sets like Union Officer & Mosey.. Boosting hit (therefore Critic) chance even further.
(Notice how they are left out from FF championship!)

Furthermore, majority of sets are Hiding boosted. And since Defense can't hold Tower & Wall(s) ...

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Corporal
So..
It's been a whole year since the genius invention of Union Officer, which provided about %50 more Damage and Hit ratios (therefore more Critics) than Upgraded up-to-date Tombola counterparts, which you already know, and there hasn't been any attempt to Nerf it, at all.

There hasn't been any attempt to balance ANY PvP stuff at all either. Like Formula, Reward balancing and all that.

Instead, all we seem to get is, back-to-back endless waves of Event hordes with related Nugget item sales.
While I believe having never ending Events is bad, Sets not being OP at all is something I am thankful for, as long as they are relevant.

I mean, if InnoGames finally seen their power-creep policy mistakes (amplified with Upgrades) and stopped doing that, it's great.
BUT
It's not like previous OP (Damager) sets are disappeared, or balanced/nerfed.

I have LOTS of suggestions written around here but;

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Corporal
Oh, let me add that I'm also playing in IFBC and, in contrary to my prediction, Damagers have the upper-hand without Nugget gear too.

Murrieta duelers can have really good hit ratios and go up to 50-60K damages, against R.Livingston set (with Zapata weapons) that came more than a half year later.

So technically 1 damager can kill 3 (Soldier) Tanks, or even more if you count Workers/Advents.

Again,

Last edited:

lulumcnoob

Sergeant
Former Team Member
Cataloguing the perfectly balanced PvP on the IFBC world for future reference.

It was interesting to re-read this thread, and the passion of some players who've posted about the universal problems we all have with the PvP, and the universally agreed steps that should be taken to improve things, but i'm sure neither of the two people who could make a game design decision visits any forums to read player feedback. Hopefully Leones didn't give up fighting for us :lol:

IFBC server, once the competition is finished would be the perfect opportunity to test attack and defence number changes, and tower bonus changes, and base att/def value changes, and class bonus changes, etc etc., all on a separate branch of the game which won't effect any income streams, since beta is just a cheap nugget regular world now.

Last edited:

mxj1

Reservist
The IFBC battles are attacker-sided only because of sets we've been given, with any other combination of sets the meta/balance would be diffrent.
Imagine starting with Mosey's set instead of Murrieta's and removing 150 dmg bonus out of every sector(-300 for full leadership players), then killing all defenders would be almost impossible

RaiderTr

Corporal
The main point here is, game is highly skewed in favor of Attackers and Damage (Sets giving Higher Hiding than Traps, high Stat Bonuses almost neutralizing the Tower/Wall bonuses etc etc, wrote all that many times)

Still, you have a point that "Sector Bonus Damage" and its amplifier in Formula has huge effect and all (as I said tonsa times too), but;

1st; you are forgetting that Mosey doesn't have a Mount set, so they would have to give Murrieta mount set anyway. (45x2 = 90 dmg, more or less)

2nd; Damagers (especially Attackers, again!) would have even higher Hit ratios.
I mean even against Murrieta, mounted Tanks (with Upgraded Sets) on their own Tower don't get to dodge more than 35-40 times for the most part and die within 25-35 shoots.
It says enough for the unbiased.

Now lets think of Beta, .NET etc..
Combine Mosey's higher hit ratio (& higher Leadership bonus) with Murrieta/Union sector.. You will mainly see 1200-300 damage per hit, instead of Murri's avg 1k, and less hit ratio.

Heh, of course genius invention of Union Officer will do at least 1500-1700 avg damage, and will have even higher Hit ratio..
AND STILL NOT NERFED EVEN A TAD BIT TO DATE.

Last edited: