1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Revised Battle Formula Feedback (Pt 2)

Discussion in 'Version 2.06' started by Diggo11, Aug 22, 2013.

Share This Page

1. torinogranata

torinogranata Reservist

Main Server:
    IT
    I agree,all words few fort attacks battle failed, too difficult defend a fort.

2. s3b-1q

s3b-1q Guest

Thanks a lot :) That's, perhaps, the easiest way. Can't wait to try a new build :)

3. h4v4n4

h4v4n4 Reservist

I think that´s a good change but vast. So it will be good if you add poition of new beginnig at normal server because reskill stamina will not be sufficient. Now strenght isn´t best fortfight atribut.

4. rainy

rainy Guest

We will see if this change really comes to live worlds we should test it a lot more

5. *Koshka

*Koshka Reservist

How many it is planned to carry out test fights? Yesterday's fight was on not built up fort, it seems to me fights on the built-up forts where there are bonuses of heights at protection are necessary.
    And it is bad that new icons of forts on the card same, for all forts, big and small. Earlier, to 2.0 they differed

6. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    We didn't have 24h waiting time for the last battle, we just chose an already declared one. Hopefully tomorrow and next week we will be able to hold larger battles.

7. *Koshka

*Koshka Reservist

It's nice). I will try to participate as much as possible, very interestingly. Really, fights everything in health already bothered

8. iplugnplay

iplugnplay Reservist

Thank you! This will make the test more realistic.

:)

9. Roflman

Roflman Guest

OK, We can build moat around the fort and head skill for attackers will be swim..

10. medfly

medfly Private

hurrah! :D too bad i went and nugget reskilled before you did it :eek:

11. torpedo3k

torpedo3k Private

although it seems logical and fair, I initially don't like the change. The result of having a stronger attack in brazilian worlds (I play in 5):

1) made forts change hands more often. This has worked as a motivation for fighters to keep fighting even in weaker allies.

2) also motivated allies to build up forts so they could be more defendable.

I can't judge other countries but the new formula - far from being a consensus - from my point of view has helped to improve participation in battles.

12. torpedo3k

torpedo3k Private

battle in Antiszociális

date: 24 august
    side: attack
    class: soldier
    build: I have not especialized. I've distributed attibutes between dex (mostly) and mob (some). So I could use skills in hp, leader and to round up fms and hiding.

81 x 80 was a fail attack. Even so what really troubled me was the incapacity to kill ST in lvl 5 while AT was lvl 1. That made me suspicious something wasn't right, having all shooting into only one tower and no one got killed there.

I think the changes I made were benefical - it was the first time since the change in the formula that I got 20 upb's (my historical is 13-15 and rarely 17).

but I call the attention to el bundi's performance. The guy has 11k hp. He dodged 188 shots and his average shooting was 350 (mine 389 with 5250 hp). I have the sense I just wasted time in calculations trying to find a nice build. If his performance becomes regular to someone in defense, I can say we are back to square one regarding hp. Then it's useless to change formulas, make calculations and adjusting builds, hp rules totally and above all.

to early to tell, let's keep testing.

13. medfly

medfly Private

I was in the same battle on attack, and have made adjustments for a fairly balanced 130 FMS/hiding, 88 lead with about 4K health, w/ 50-50 mob/dex distribution. I had over 200 aim as a by-product of dueling. This too was the first beta battle i've gotten 20 bonds. Approximately 75% hit rate with high 300's average damage, and not bad dodging either.

Still hoping that the FMS is swapped for shooting instead :P

14. Jarema 27

Jarema 27 Private

Main Server:
    PL
    We still need to test new formula on two forts,full built and completly unbuilt,tomorrow we have occasion to try on the second one.

In my opinion it shouldn't be like that,let's see the most popular and still one of the best skills - pure HP.On normal worlds it's still the most common build.If we consider full HP in attack after change and full HP on deffend we see how wrong's new formula,attack lost only weapon against deffend - Stamina,deffend still has buildings,it doesn't seems fair.
    Even when bonuses are more influential,HP is still the most important thing,player with 1200 HP and full bonuses won't stay on the first line,because even with the best build he will be killed.
    Stamina equalised building bonuses in good way in old formula,in new it was too strong,now deffend is unbeatable in my opinion,especially on built fort.

Please look on the Ot3k's idea

Old Formula

b=x^0.6+y^0.4+z^0.5+n+m+o

Proposition

b=x^0.4+y^0.5+z^0.6+n+m+o
    +
    Additional Damage: Damage + (damage * leadership / 2 * max HP)

IMO worth to try.

15. *Koshka

*Koshka Reservist

Additional Damage: Damage + (damage * leadership / 2 * max HP)

such formule will be too good to soldiers

16. aamgdp

aamgdp Private

I think changing stamina to FMS is wrong step. Better would be decrease stamina exponent from 6 to 5,5 or incerase numbers of defenders (on normal world: small 42 to 46, middle 84 to 92 and big 120 to 130/beta: small 21 to 23, middle 42 to 46 ang big 80 to 88) In my opinion it's better to do it than changing fort skills.

17. torinogranata

torinogranata Reservist

Main Server:
    IT
    I notice: 0 resistance with 220 fms. It looks like stamina(and not fms) affects resistance formula. Is that a bug?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  18. h4v4n4

h4v4n4 Reservist

I think about this too. But i think that optional is only 5. HP players on attack will be reduced but not so much.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  19. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Thanks to everyone who attended test battles so far. Here are some more of my thoughts:

It could be unwise to assume strength is no longer the most important attribute. Remember, even though both mobility and dexterity now have two skills, one from each (dodge and aim respectively) is generally accepted to be wasteful in quantities above 20 or thereabouts. Obviously health, leadership, hiding and fine motor skills remain the critical skills, and all are in different attributes. I anticipate a fair percentage should now belong outside strength, but not expecting it to be a thing of the past.

I think it is too early to write off switching the skills at present, but I do estimate we've probably swung back too far in favour of the defenders. Before throwing the baby out with the bathwater, however, it would be ideal if we could make other additions. For example, we may consider giving workers a more attacking class bonus (e.g. you receive X% of your target's sector bonus) and slightly reducing the tower bonuses.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  20. Jarema 27

Jarema 27 Private

Main Server:
    PL
    [​IMG]

Something is wrong