• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Resetting the Forts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3230

it sounds a bit like you partly blame players on beta. It is not just beta that has these issues

Maybe there are lots of servers with lots of players that have plenty of fights with lots of players, and BB can do their testing there. Why have a test server then.

BB made the game, and I as a player I do expect BB to work to improve the game and solve problems. It is very nice when they involve and listen to players, but the problems really is not our fault.
Many small servers have same issues that has been on beta for years. It is one of the reasons players leave the game, and one of the reasons servers end up dead. when one side gets too strong, battles tend to die out. And activity gradually drops. I used to play on beta and be active too. I have many reasons why I just walk around on the map doing jobs and some of the quest I can do without being in a town. I also used to take part in the fort fights. The fights are no the reason I dont bother any more, but it does contribute.
BB can close all the small severs down and walk away yes. I have been on both the strong and the weak side of this on my national severs,- and it is not easy to solve. It does not make much sense to me that you can have all members on one server as members of the same alliance. If there is less than 300 players on a server 50 members of one town does not make sense either.
I guess we does not pay much compared to big servers, so maybe that is why I get the feeling that we are not important. I would love for BB can try to find ways to solve the problems.

Big servers and small servers are set up the same way.
Why is that? Why not try and make different limits on different servers. Not only to how many players who can attend a fight, but even more to how many players that can be in one town and in one alliance. When you can only find a max of 20- 30 players on each side to attend it is very hard to win a fort, and for the small side to win over a much too dominating opponent. I cant see a limit to number of fort one town can hold, will make any change.

Maybe if the owners had to pay something to run them, and had to maintain them or they would have to be build again.
This and many other suggestions have been made before to try to fix this, but maybe it is not something of real interest.

What I wanted to say here is that this is not just a beta issue. Finding ways to fix it on beta - might also open for ways to fix it on other servers.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Idea's been communicated to our LCM and she liked it. Will have to see how much it'll take for the required tools to be implemented.
It's been over 2 months now and still no news
Are the fort reset's ever going to be implemented?

DeletedUser1406

It's been over 2 months now and still no news
Are the fort reset's ever going to be implemented?
Because their main focus was making sure the classic server is running fine in time, which required a lot of work. I'm personally tired myself of "any news" post when there's obviously nothing new about this issue. Locking this thread until we get any updates regarding the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.