• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Reset character skills

DeletedUser

Several tweaks have been applied to the duelling formula, see blog for details. A new quest will be available shortly after the update offering a one time opportunity to reset your duelling skills.

this is from the 1.33 change log announced on .net worlds. now if they get a quest to reset skill points its safe to assume we'll be testing that quest so in turn will each get 1 more free re-spec

DeletedUser

yes, FINALLY, no more boring noobs.

actually, i agree that since this is beta, reskill should be free all the time, but limited to once per week and duel protection after KO should be one week also.

I absolutely agree with you...
This is a BETA version, so people need to try new things out.
But a limitation would be very good.
1 time per week is perfect for me.

DeletedUser

yes, FINALLY, no more boring noobs.

actually, i agree that since this is beta, reskill should be free all the time, but limited to once per week and duel protection after KO should be one week also.

Full agree !!!

DeletedUser

... A new quest will be available shortly after the update offering a one time opportunity to reset your duelling skills.

..but that has to be taken literally.
On the german forums, 2 CMs confirmed that you can only reset duel skills - no attributes, and no other skills beside vigor/toughness/reflex/dodging/aiming/shooting/tactics/appearance.

DeletedUser

..but that has to be taken literally.
On the german forums, 2 CMs confirmed that you can only reset duel skills - no attributes, and no other skills beside vigor/toughness/reflex/dodging/aiming/shooting/tactics/appearance.

Link please.

DeletedUser

Isn't sheriff on .de just a moderator and not CM? Instead of sheriff, CM on .de looks like this:
http://forum.the-west.de/member.php?u=95

So I've tried to find what you're saying by browsing all Joony's recent posts, but couldn't find any about the reskill quest.
That's hardly a confirmation (from two CMs) that we won't be able to respec APs.

DeletedUser

i agree that it will be good to have things back to normal again in a way. but in a way, free re-skill was really fun. it would be pretty cool if there was a special world created where re-skill was always free.

It is free on Amchitka. Or it has been since I joined it.

DeletedUser

Isn't sheriff on .de just a moderator and not CM?...
You're right.
As I've written above, I couldn't find the quotes I had in mind anymore...
Well, perhaps I've even only dreamed it, but I'll be prepared to get a quest where reskilling attributes will not be possible. And will of course be positively surprised if I was wrong ;)

DeletedUser

Dang.... next time they should notice us at least a day before when something like this will happen. They should´ve put a message in-game a day before telling this will happen. Now look at this.. people with messy builds and no way to respec back. (well you can, but it´s not cheap!!! :mad:). And, they should give us all a free respec back at least a one time use only to be able to return to our original builds. That´s all we ask for now.

DeletedUser584

Stop whining. Please! This is a BETA. When you log in it even says account data could be deleted WITHOUT warning at ANY time. It's not like paying for a reskill is the end of the world, hmm?

DeletedUser1352

Dang.... next time they should notice us at least a day before when something like this will happen. They should´ve put a message in-game a day before telling this will happen. Now look at this.. people with messy builds and no way to respec back. (well you can, but it´s not cheap!!! :mad:). And, they should give us all a free respec back at least a one time use only to be able to return to our original builds. That´s all we ask for now.

they announced that it will be changed back when the duel testing is over... and this happened a couple days ago :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

...Now look at this.. people with messy builds ...

Skill reset was for duel testing, not to do quests, changing to fort fighter or to look for 3rd key.
If you have messy build it means you abused free reset system.
You should have changed from your original build set few duels (give feedback on forum) and reset back.
If you was doing quests instead .. you have what you wanted. You can still do it.

DeletedUser1352

Skill reset was for duel testing, not to do quests, changing to fort fighter or to look for 3rd key.
If you have messy build it means you abused free reset system.
You should have changed from your original build set few duels (give feedback on forum) and reset back.
If you was doing quests instead .. you have what you wanted. You can still do it.

:) it was not against the rules to do a reset to do some quests or to get the third key these people had there stats focused on a couple skills that might have made them great duellers because of a fail in the new system you never know :eek:

whit other words they were also testing the duel system without knowing it

DeletedUser2654

:) it was not against the rules to do a reset to do some quests or to get the third key these people had there stats focused on a couple skills that might have made them great duellers because of a fail in the new system you never know :eek:

whit other words they were also testing the duel system without knowing it

I completely agree on the point mennik makes here,
We were testing the new dueling system, meaning stats were focussed upon which might or might not have made a great dueler.
But waht also comes to mind is that we should be thankful for the time we could freely re-skill at any time and anywhere. So I suggest we move along with the dueling and battling which the-west has become so known for.

Have fun :)