• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Removal of Cooldown on Work Motivation Buffs

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I would really like a Dev to explain the reason for the 10 min cooldown timer on Work Motivation Buffs?
It servers no apparant purpose, except to waste players time
It takes 6 min 15 seconds to do 25 X 15 second jobs
Then you have to wait another 3 mins 45 seconds to increase your Work Motivation back to 100%
I use 60 Chewing Tobacco a day and I have to sit waiting over 3 hours a day waiting for cooldowns that just inhibits my ability to use more Energy
I would use another 450 Energy a day, if the cooldown was removed, which equeals 54 extra Nuggets used every day
That would mean I would have to buy Nuggets a lot more often
The end result would mean I could be a lot more productive and InnoGames would make a lot more money from the additional Energy used
So am I correct in assuming that it would appear to be a win win situation all round

Last edited:

DeletedUser3503

And I vote Yes against this annoying 'feature' :hmpf:

DeletedUser

I would agree with The-Iceman at this point... cooldown for work buffs could be easily removed, it's useless and is here just for wasting time, including some questlines where you need to travel 10 times across entire map, just to waste time... :whistle:

DeletedUser4009

While I agree with the removal of the cooldown on buffs, I can see why they are in place.

Someone who has plenty of time and enough buffs/nuggets would be able to get a huge advantage against someone who only has around 3 hours per day to be here.

This way someone who spends a lot of time in the game can still get an advantage, but it won't be as huge.

DeletedUser

I use 60 Chewing Tobacco a day and I have to sit waiting over 3 hours a day waiting for cooldowns that just inhibits my ability to use more Energy

60 tobaccos a day, 10 minutes cooldown means you spend 10h every day in this game.

you have to buy nuggets?

have you ever thought about the idea that the cooldown is for protecting people like you from heavy addiction?

I would use another 450 Energy a day, if the cooldown was removed, which equeals 54 extra Nuggets used every day

daaaamn, assuming that you only buy the "small" package for 20 euros (i'm calculating in german currency) that's a whole lot of 36 cents per day of profit that InnoGames is loosing because of the cooldown.
i guess you buy the big package which would result in even less profit per nugget for InnoGames.

The end result would mean I could be a lot more productive and InnoGames would make a lot more money from the additional Energy used

you could be productive in a browsergame?
a lot more money. 10 euros per month. why is InnoGames not bankrupt yet? they obviously can't handle money.

don't get me wrong, some times i am annoyed by the cooldown too, but your reasons are so damn self-centered it hurts.

and please look at the duel perspective, no cooldown could result in no more KOs from revenge duels because top duelers would drink life potions every second.
yes, "no more" is exaggerated, but no more than your arguments.

DeletedUser

I would really like a Dev to explain the reason for the 10 min cooldown timer on Work Motivation Buffs?
It servers no apparant purpose, except to waste players time
It takes 6 min 15 seconds to do 25 X 15 second jobs
Then you have to wait another 3 mins 45 seconds to increase your Work Motivation back to 100%
So am I correct in assuming that it would appear to be a win win situation all round

You might want to seek a real life job and or therapy to help with your gaming addiction.

DeletedUser3414

You should atleast try to keep the discussion constructive. Attacking someone personally doesn't really contribute to the topic, does it?

While I agree that you could possibly remove the cooldown for *some* potions, we for sure don't want to do that for all of them (and if we remove them for one type, soon players will request to remove them for other types as well). Some of the reasons have been stated already. Also, while you might see the advantages - some players will mostly see disadvantages (eg. balancing issues with that) in removing cooldowns.

Also, I'd like to point that this is a game design decision. Neither I, nor any other dev in this forum will be able to tell you about future plans or intentions behind that system ;)

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
You should atleast try to keep the discussion constructive. Attacking someone personally doesn't really contribute to the topic, does it?

While I agree that you could possibly remove the cooldown for *some* potions, we for sure don't want to do that for all of them (and if we remove them for one type, soon players will request to remove them for other types as well). Some of the reasons have been stated already. Also, while you might see the advantages - some players will mostly see disadvantages (eg. balancing issues with that) in removing cooldowns.

Also, I'd like to point that this is a game design decision. Neither I, nor any other dev in this forum will be able to tell you about future plans or intentions behind that system ;)
How about adding a Public Vote to this thread with: Remove Cooldown from Work Motivation Buffs YES or NO

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
How about adding a Public Vote to this thread with: Remove Cooldown from Work Motivation Buffs YES or NO
I tend to avoid votes on topics relating to premium as a matter of principle, unless it relates to a new or upcoming change. It's a complex issue better discussed than polled.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I tend to avoid votes on topics relating to premium as a matter of principle, unless it relates to a new or upcoming change. It's a complex issue better discussed than polled.

I don't understand what Premium has to do with Work Motivation Buffs, as they are Crafted items, being Chewing Tobacco and Sleeping Bags
At no point does Premium affect their production
Maybe you could explain what you mean please

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
You can buy buffs that increase work motivation too.

Edit: If you want to talk about production too, expand that even greater: higher income, character bonus for adventurers, buying products, etc.

Last edited:

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
You can buy buffs that increase work motivation too.

Edit: If you want to talk about production too, expand that even greater: higher income, character bonus for adventurers, buying products, etc.

Am I missing something here?
I fail to see what bearing higher income, character bonus for adventurers, buying products, etc has on working for products, then crafting Chewing Tobacco, then using them to increase Work Motivation
The end result is the same for Premium and Non Premium Players
Thats why I don't understand why you are attempting to cloud the issue
I would be happy if you reduced the cooldown to 6 minutes 40 seconds, which is only a 33.3% reduction on the current cooldown period and can't be that difficult to implement

Last edited:

DeletedUser

How about no?

If you seriously want to spent 18 hours a day clicking 15 sec jobs then we should help you and get some sort of variations for you to stop you from falling asleep. Do more than one categorie of jobs! No matter what skill you have (construction talking here) you can always do more than one kind of job in the middle of the map. So I for myself to planning a reservation, constructing a settlement and colonising new territory on a regular basis and a few others if they are on bonus. A trader like yourself surely has more than one option. And as soon as you start a second kind of job the cooldown is no longer a problem.

Therefore nothing has to be changed and no balancing issues.

DeletedUser

Am I missing something here?
I fail to see what bearing higher income, character bonus for adventurers, buying products, etc has on working for products, then crafting Chewing Tobacco, then using them to increase Work Motivation

higher income? really? how about 50% more products = 50% more chewing tobacco in the same time frame?
adventurer character bonus = another 20% more products.

spending less time working for motivation buffs equals more time using the buffs on your trading office.
you failed to see this? i guess you didn't want to see this.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
higher income? really? how about 50% more products = 50% more chewing tobacco in the same time frame?
adventurer character bonus = another 20% more products.
That remark makes absolutely no sense at all and I pay for the Character bonus, as it isn't free

spending less time working for motivation buffs equals more time using the buffs on your trading office.
Why would I want to work for motivation buffs when I have all these already http://prntscr.com/6wtpo7

you failed to see this? i guess you didn't want to see this.
I didn't fail to see anything, as I have been on this world since the day it opened almost 7 years ago
You aren't talking to a noob

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
How about no?

If you seriously want to spent 18 hours a day clicking 15 sec jobs then we should help you and get some sort of variations for you to stop you from falling asleep. Do more than one categorie of jobs! No matter what skill you have (construction talking here) you can always do more than one kind of job in the middle of the map. So I for myself to planning a reservation, constructing a settlement and colonising new territory on a regular basis and a few others if they are on bonus. A trader like yourself surely has more than one option. And as soon as you start a second kind of job the cooldown is no longer a problem.

Therefore nothing has to be changed and no balancing issues.
How much time I choose to spend on this game is none of your business.
What jobs I decide to do in this game is also none of your business.
I don't spend 18 hours a day doing 15 second jobs, so please pay more attention before maligning my gameplay.
You might notice that I do 10 hours a day, if you take the time to read my posts properly

Read your mail in Almagordo before you keep criticising my game ethics

DeletedUser3893

I'd also rather not wait 10 minutes until I can use another buff. How much time I spend each day on this game is no one's business :hmpf:

DeletedUser

How much time I choose to spend on this game is none of your business.

I'd also rather not wait 10 minutes until I can use another buff. How much time I spend each day on this game is no one's business :hmpf:

You are right, none of my business how you spent your time, but just so that you can monotonously click only one job and don't have to wait just doesn't justify disbalancing the game.