1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Qest list quest Book

Discussion in 'Version 2.06' started by olga, Aug 23, 2013.

Share This Page

1. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Some changes have been made to the quest list. Maybe it is just not finished. If so - forget this tread and delete it. :);)

At the moment I cant se if a quest is accepted, or not - and I can't se if I have completed the quest and can finish it. :confused:

Not sure if this is not marked at all now - or if is just my bad eyesight that is the problem.:(

2. melkon

melkon Guest

You're not blind, don't worry - there's a cache issue. Deleting your cache manually or waiting for the next beta update should fix the issue.

3. Bluep

Bluep Guest

... I noticed the new icons/colors yesterday - and after one day of reconsideration, I still think that the blue color for the dailies is awful - doesn't fit in.
    Perhaps some orange (inbetween the yellow & new red icons) or a reddish darker brown could do as well..?
    Or at least make the color darker (same for the green ones, I guess) - it's The West, not 80's happy neon parade! ^^

And I'm curious - what are the colors (red & green) for?
    One for the class quest lines, and one for the new main quest line?

Not quite on that icon topic, but not worth a new thread either - why has the cinema daily quest disappeared (on Amchitka at least; other betas are on vacation mode atm)?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  4. Pappa

Pappa Private First Class

Main Server:
    HU
    Blue are daily, red are main strory, green for events and yellow for all other

5. I sent in a bug report on this. Some of us, including me with color vision problems, have a VERY hard time telling the two ? in the questbook now apart. I guess one is blue & one is grey/green? they look almost the same.

People with color vision problems, are not colorblind. It is the soft pastel colors that are the problem. Bright colors are no problem. I can see bright blue red green.

Please change back to yellow.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  6. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    If I am looking at the same part as you, the colour system is mostly the same. The top curve of the question mark is silver/grey when there are one or more uncompleted requirements, turning gold/yellow when able to be completed. The dot of the question mark is the only difference -- it follows the colour scheme written above, using pretty bright colours... does that help at all, or have I misunderstood?

7. beta 3 ---> http://prntscr.com/1nhuvm ~ bad

.net ---> http://prntscr.com/1nhxu0 ~ perfect!

#5 & #7 are filled & ready to complete. It is very difficult to tell them apart from the unfilled dailies

We have similar problems with fort battle swap arrows, telling the green & not green apart, especially when it is a short arrow in a crowded tower.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
  8. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Ah you are right, the blue doesn't look as bright there as in the saloon. What about something like this? [​IMG]

9. YES! Thank You!

10. Bluep

Bluep Guest

... also a big improvement regarding my complain about that awful neon color! :up:

11. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I think it is better. At the moment it is hard for me to see the finished quests.

I have trouble seeing very bright colours - and have a problem with too little contrast. Certain colours are very hard to read- like the red numbers in the fort building menu.

I am also still hoping to get the chat back in a more eye and read friendly background colour. White on black is not nice, better with light background and dark text. I can read it - but it does not feel nice. I have chronic iris inflammation - so that gives me some trouble with contrast.

12. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

I don't think this needs new topic so I'll just write it here:
    New "read more" feature in questbook is really a bad idea. People were confused before, when hints were at least a little bit visible, now when they are hidden under that "read more" link it will be even more confusing. Aditionally, proper questers that actually read the story will be annoyed a lot that they have to click there every time...Could you at least ad an option to turn it off? Pretty please? :eek:

13. girafi

girafi Guest

Agreed. It was good like it was. It will be very annoyed when you have to click on almost every quest for read more.

14. Bluep

Bluep Guest

/sign!
    The old way was much better (for quests with 5 or more requirements, there's still an initial scroll bar)
    One compromise could be: Make the rewards fixed at the bottom, and use the scroll bar only for text & requirements.

(But don't use that click thingy. Using mouse wheel or gestures is far easier than clicking (and then scrolling))

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  15. New questbook issue. It wasn't until 2.06 was pushed to .net today that it really has become a serious issue.

InnoGames has changed the way quests are displayed in the questbook. It used to be

questline (quest) but is now quest (questline)

This has caused me to accidently cancel important questline quests in error, especially those that now force me to go back to questgiver to reacquire. I run down the list, deleting extra/unwanted daily quests after my dailies are completed.

It used to be that all daily quests started with "Repeatable quest" but now I have to be VERY careful with each one individually.

Also, if I am working on the RAID questline, I want the first word to be RAID, not the quest inside the Raid questline. You cannot expect us to remember all the individual quest names, it is hard enough remembering the questline name!

This is VERY confusing, especially with multiple part questlines.

Can we have the old display back please?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  16. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    I am assuming this was changed for roleplaying reasons, so the title is not always cut off by ellipsis. What if we split the space in half, so instead of just displaying the first ~35 characters, we always show about 15 of the quest title and 15 of the line name?

17. Bluep

Bluep Guest

...doesn't sound like a good idea to me - then we would have 2 crippled texts?

I think olga's point is - at least it's mine *gg* - that you can't see the daily/repeatable quests at a first glance.
    Maybe just mark them with a "R"[epeatable] in front so that those are grouped?
    (Or even more elaborated, 3 tiny graphics for Saloon, Indian Village & Ghost Town... but a single grouping letter would be already enough)

As for the other quest - you rarely have 2 or more quests of one line at the same time, and even then those are mostly name 'Foobar II', 'Foobar III' ... so there's no real need for grouping (but it wouldn't be a big problem to have the quest book sorted by line name and still have quest names first, would it?)

18. No diggo, it is not about the length, or even how many characters display, it is that the Questline name or for dailies "repeatable quest" is not FIRST!

Most of us are multi-worlders & need to work fast when dealing with the server date change to meet daily task goals. We need to determine which quest is which & quickly w/o reading the entire line, mousing over or even clicking on the quest in the questbook. We do this using the FIRST word.

We have many worlds, each with a FULL questbook of 15 quests (even need more of a limit, but at least it is now 15 not 10 thank you for that! :) ), so we need to be able to easily see where we are in each world.

Same thing with normal questlines. We need the questline name FIRST!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013