1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Point & Click

Discussion in 'Polling' started by Diggo11, Jan 3, 2014.

Share This Page

?

Relative to 10m jobs, how much experience should 15s jobs provide?

Poll closed Jan 17, 2014.
  1. ~72% [2.04-2.07]

60.0%
  2. ~66%

1.5%
  3. ~50%

11.1%
  4. ~33%

10.4%
  5. ~25%

6.7%
  6. ~17% [2.08 beta]

10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevkill

kevkill Guest

It is true that there are players who reach 120 in a few weeks.
    But that are just a few players.
    Maybe 72% is a bit to much, but don't make it less than 50%.

2. ketjatekos

ketjatekos Guest

Once again, what doggo said:
    If this thing is exactly 50%, you get the same amount of exp for the same amount of energy, in a 10 min job. Just for 30 sec. And everybody can be there for 30 sec, so the 10 min job would be something that nobody do. So definitely it should be UNDER 50%…

But I think now there is 2 part of the community, who could not change the other parts' mind about this question.

3. dinka007

dinka007 Reservist

I liked the old system, and I do not want the change.
    Yes a few people reach lvl 120 within 2 weeks, so what?
    They use more nuggets under a day, than others under a year and they work for that result.
    In the new version these people will be faster again than the others.

But what is with the "medium" premium players? I use averagely 450-600 energy every day.
    I am searching different silver jobs. I draw up my route, refill my energy and my health..
    I devote many hours to it every day. I deserve more like that man who sets 8 hours of work under 2 minutes and end onto that day the game...
    (not so much, more ! ) I use more energy, more nuggets, I play more time...
    If we receive approximately tha same cash+experience, I will not suffer with it... I will use only 150 energy. (and 1 hour jobs, but it is boring for me already)
    This change would make 15s jobs meaningless... Only a few player would use it. (who use up daily 1000+ energy)

And yes, I want more (or at least the same) cash+experience for 30sec of jobs.... Yes it takes only 30sec, but it is 4 energy as well and I receive fewer products !

If it is necessary to modify it anyway, give the same prize for all.. 6x15sec, 3x10min , 1hour.. the same energy, give the same cash+experience.
    Yes, I finish it soon and I can work more, but I get less products and I find objects with fewer chances..

There were good changes in the past period, not make a step backwards in the time...
    (I dont want to do hour jobs again, i feel it would mean my game end...)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  4. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Good old times when we could talk on the chats with so much people that, sometimes, we forgot to answer to someone about something because there was too much people around...

Now people just get, 10 minutes and 4000 experience made, goodbye until the evening. Not even there is too much space for them to be dueled.
    Then there is the massive raise at the start of the servers or people that want to get to 120 and get into fort fighting. Those are the ones that pay nuggets in big buckets to get there the fast way they can.

But, when the worlds start to crumble, those are the first ones to give up and move to another worlds and do the same thing.
    Right now there are only a few rules to be one of the "best players":
    Buy the sets from the shop or the ones from the tombolas; make some massive number of 15sec jobs until you get to 120; choose between a dueler or a fort fighter.

There is nothing more on the game to do.

The team made a good choice with the new quests. All of them are not secure to be made by those 2 options (without the help of a +250 instructions and some other buffs). Still most people doesn´t even do 500 quests on the game... "because they are too long".

Don´t live on the fast lane... the game is a marathon not a 60 meters dash.

5. carolos

carolos Guest

In my mind at least I had the whole 2.0 version of the west connected with a version that the most time you give to it the more it pays out.The 15s jobs was a really great way to get exp and money in a fast way and it paid out really well if you could afford the actual time to finish the jobs and renew again and again and again and then travel to an other job as the motivation drops really fast....The motivation drop rate in 15s jobs made them so that after 13 jobs finished the actual exp and dollars gain will drop by 25% so that it wouldn't be all that good after all.Considering that you need to go to 4 different jobs to the most exp possible out of 100 energy or 6 with 150 energy.All this requires a lot of time and that's when I come and say again that the more time you dedicate the more you get in exchange out the 2.0 version.

Having said all that I believe that the actual 72% was pretty god and baanced and even if it gets discreased it should go below 50%

6. dinka007

dinka007 Reservist

I think the vote unambiguous...

But the most important thing: use it in an older world would be very bad idea.
    It would freeze the differences ! There would not be a competition, because it would not be possible to precede the other one !
    For example: on the newest Hungarian world.. 8 player reached level 120, I am on level 103. But the 100. player is only on level 74. (600.000 experience behind me)
    The distance would remain, because he cannot speed up without 15sec jobs. (Or on any other worlds, there are so big differences what is not possible to modify with the new system )

But the largest problem: nobody would register onto the world. (none of the old worlds)
    Because ha sees that we are on a heigher level, but he cant go ahead well.
    He would not have a chance to reach up to us in the new system, because he receives very little experience.
    In the old system he can get a heigher level in a few months.. Can go fort battles in 1-2 months..
    But in the new system he cant do that for a half year.... So nobody will register to the running worlds !

If it wants to be tried anyway, it would be installed only a new world's start. (make a slow world, from the beginning)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  7. BuLLy

BuLLy Guest

I think it could get back to 72%. Why? Because new player won't stand a chance near the guys who have already level 140+. After a previous update you raised the level requirement for all items. Now you lower the speed of leveling. So now i must play 6 months to wear the Gentleman Set?

8. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    But you have 215 new clothes to use before getting the gentleman set... you won´t need it like it was before the new clothes.
    Even that, it had 2 pieces that you can only get later on. (only if you get super mega rich or get some friends that offer you the hard to get belt)

If that was the reason, then throw out the Tribe quest and place the indian belt on the shop, like many worlds made to appeal to people to pay 100 upbs for it, instead of hard working on the quest to get it. And kill out the main story quest, and place the itens on the shop and make them level 1... that way everyone can buy then right at the start of the game and use them.

The new clothes changed the game... people need to get used to it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  9. dinka007

dinka007 Reservist

I think the dress was only an example...
    The problem is the experience+cash.. If you start now an older world, you cant grow fast. (cant go to forest fights for months, you get less money and worse things).
    On the letest Hungarian world (it started 2 months ago) a new player would be in a huge disadvantage without the 15 sec jobs...

10. henry j.

henry j. Reservist

59% of the votes are to change it back the way it was , face it you better not change a damn thing :p

11. m4rvin88

m4rvin88 Guest

Yeah because most people are voting for something which gives them a disadvantage.

Would you turn down a pay rise at work or vote to lower your wages?

99% of people are just not objetive enough to decide over such a matter, so face it, it's better to change the current system and i would be negatively affect as well.

12. dinka007

dinka007 Reservist

"Version 2.08 - Bugfix update"..
    This means that the 15 second jobs change, and the level rise will get in the game?
    Or this does not affect it ?

13. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    At the moment, there is no change. But it is not been finalised what will happen when; all I can say is that for the reasons Marvin stated, it is incredibly unlikely the old value will return. Fingers crossed we will see, when all is said and done, a sensible middle value.

14. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    Doesn't the sensible middle value mean you have to spend twice the amount of nuggets, to obtain the same advantage, as previously implemented?
    INNOGames don't miss a trick, do they? lol

15. Behram Pker

Behram Pker Guest

Maybe you'll have to spend more but it might also discourage some percentage of players that won't think it's worth doing anymore. So maybe not so smart InnoGames...

16. m4rvin88

m4rvin88 Guest

You have to spent twice as much money if you still want to level that quickly.

But InnoGames pointed out that they wanted longtime content for the game. Whats the point in reaching 150 asap and then complaining about not having anything to do?

We did fortbattles with level 99 max and now with 120 max for quite some time successfully, it's not that you need to be 150 to continue playing the game.

Just play normally and you don't have to spent nuggets at all, it just affects the people who want everything instantly.

17. henry j.

henry j. Reservist

Why let us vote if you already made up your mind is what i ask :p

18. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    We haven't made up our mind and, up to the point of everything becoming a nugget conspiracy theory, I'm more than willing to hear people out. I let people vote solely because not everyone will share my opinion. Some people raised good points to the contrary like allowing new players to catch up quickly, others reaffirmed my personal thoughts and everyone gave us a rough gauge of community sentiment. If we come to a compromise, good has occurred here, not waste.

This discussion has evidently run it's course, so thanks once more. Not to leave the tin foil unturned though, I'll leave you with a final echo: fast or slow paced, is eight days (latest German world) to reach what was previously a year's work (first English world) really a reasonable timeframe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.