• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Oktoberfest

DeletedUser3896

As I see, the bonuses have been edited.

Are these the final/permanent ones or should we expect more changes??

That +30% speed bonus was removed...Was it meant to be removed? Just asking 'cause it seemed like a nice bonus to have! :P

asdf124

Private First Class
I think collin rifle should be more balanced, change the toughness/vigor to .04 instead of .08 and add .04 to str instead, so that they would seem kinda good for adventures as well. The other two have a combined of 12 attributes, why not with coolin as well(for level 150).

Last edited:

DeletedUser

All of the gun sets have 20% regeneration ? It is a joke ???

DeletedUser3957

crafting level updating to lvl 700 but still crafting products not for sale :/

DeletedUser3460

Unfortunately, I can only agree. The values of Collins set are ridiculous, there is no chance anymore for range duellers.
Welcoome to Innos new duell system where only red-resistance makes sense :whistle:

Might be difficult for ranged duellers to fully break resistance if the player wearing Collin's has opted for high reflex/resistance but not impossible to beat, compare Collin's Set to Cullen's Set, work out what's missing and what's been added to get a better understanding, you will find the SP is fairly similar just distributed across different skills a little differently.

DeletedUser3460

Unfortunately, I can only agree. The values of Collins set are ridiculous, there is no chance anymore for range duellers.
Welcoome to Innos new duell system where only red-resistance makes sense :whistle:

One thing you have overlooked with Collin's, it has some "dead" SP against aim/dodge ranged duelers. I would imagine most players will use their AP on Strength with Collin's thus giving them enough Vigor from their AP alone to combat aim/dodge ranged duellers, so any other Vigor provided by Collin's Clothes is pretty much null and void against aim/dodge ranged duellers.

DeletedUser3679

Might be difficult for ranged duellers to fully break resistance if the player wearing Collin's has opted for high reflex/resistance but not impossible to beat, compare Collin's Set to Cullen's Set, work out what's missing and what's been added to get a better understanding, you will find the SP is fairly similar just distributed across different skills a little differently.
One thing you have overlooked with Collin's, it has some "dead" SP against aim/dodge ranged duelers.
With Collins you do not need any dodge anymore against range dullers. None of the range duellers can skill so much toughness that a melee dueller with Collins will not make max. damage. On the other hand the melee dueller just need to skill a little bit reflex and can put a lot on aiming.
Range dueller skill is dead!!!

DeletedUser3843

With Collins you do not need any dodge anymore against range dullers. None of the range duellers can skill so much toughness that a melee dueller with Collins will not make max. damage. On the other hand the melee dueller just need to skill a little bit reflex and can put a lot on aiming.

You won't need vigor against a ranged dueler.. I would rather put my skills in aim and use gear that gives more aiming to me against a ranged dueler, not a gear which gives me vigor.

Thing is, you won't use only one set for dueling if you're really serious at it. Different gear for different kinds of opponents. As a dueler, I won't find Coolin's of much use.. apart from one or two pieces of that set to go with other set's pieces, when needed..

DeletedUser3460

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat, have a little play on the beta servers testing several different ranged builds against a Collin set wearing opponents, you don't have to necessarily blast them out of the park to beat them, work out what impact very little dodge has to hitting areas (arms/shoulders/head) and perhaps you can extract a little more damage to nullify the impact of a received hit or 2 ...

As well as having very little dodge, Collins also has very little tactics so when defending against a aim/dodge ranged dueller the only SP from Collin's Set that is really getting utilized is Reflex and Toughness.

To be honest I would be more concerned as a melee dueller coming up against Collin's than as a ranged dueller.

DeletedUser500

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat, have a little play on the beta servers testing several different ranged builds against a Collin set wearing opponents, you don't have to necessarily blast them out of the park to beat them, work out what impact very little dodge has to hitting areas (arms/shoulders/head) and perhaps you can extract a little more damage to nullify the impact of a received hit or 2 ...

As well as having very little dodge, Collins also has very little tactics so when defending against a aim/dodge ranged dueller the only SP from Collin's Set that is really getting utilized is Reflex and Toughness.

To be honest I would be more concerned as a melee dueller coming up against Collin's than as a ranged dueller.

So what ranged build would you suggest to beat a level 150 player with ~500 of both toughness and reflex, as well as 7k HP, 450+ vigor and enough aim to hit you when you dodge the other way?

You might be able win the duel by maybe 200 damage.
Want to KO one of these players? you would need at least 5 duellers specifically skilled to do it, and the opponent to be offline.
Coming up again 3 or 4 players with this build and gear working together? good luck with that.

And since whether you get hit or you successfully dodge is basically a 50/50 chance, depending on where you aim and dodge in the duel tactics screen, Shooters can last for maybe 4 duels before they need to refill their HP, it gets really expensive.

Ranged duelling isn't fun anymore and it isn't viable against the vast majority of other duellers, as most are resisters (especially on beta). You could still hit some builders, I guess.

DeletedUser3460

A level 150 player who has filtered through SP/AP quests ends up with 550 SP and 200 AP maybe? In order for them to get 500 reflex and 500 toughness with Collin's they would perhaps use up 200-250 (maybe more) of their SP leaving them with 300-350 to possibly place on aim, maybe? I think a a strong dodge maybe around 550-600 coupled with some decent tactics would be enough to limit the amount of hits.

If you're looking at it from the angle where you want to cause maximum possible damage, then you will need to take risks and rightly so, and the same applies for the Collin's dueller who will have to decide on the advantages/disadvantages of reflex/toughness over aim.

DeletedUser500

Have you actually duelled in the last few months? 750 dodge won't save you from getting hit at least once (unless you get lucky and guess their stance perfectly), and once is all a resister needs since they will do 350-450 damage and you'll do 30-60. And tactics buffs your aim on defensive duels, won't do much to stop you from getting hit.

DeletedUser3460

I have duelled in the past several months, I duelled one of the resident NPC's on beta recently, Cullen Montgomery Baker who at the time was wearing Collin's Clothing Set and according to the Skills Page had 505 reflex and 505 toughness. My dodge was around 600 at the time.

http://prntscr.com/8jkdsc

http://prntscr.com/8jke85

DeletedUser3679

Plase don't try to explain me how to duel, I'm on duel rank #1 on my main world and know what to do.
Of course, you can ALWAYS find a skill to beat ONE special person/skill. But this is not the target for most of the duellers because it makes no sense to have just a hand of opponents you can beat. The challenge is to find your own skill to beat more than one special other skill.
With collins set it is nearly impossible to play a range dueller anymore because most of the duellers on the worlds are already melee duellers (mostly red-resistance). With implementation of Collins there are now changing more and more duellers to a similar skill - welcome to InnoGames's world where varieties of skills are not wanted anymore!!

DeletedUser3460

I don't quite get what you're saying, you want yourself to have specialized skills/build to combat all opponents then accuse InnoGames for restricting the variety of builds. Love or hate the tombola's they have produced some items over the years that have added more variety to duelling not restricted it.

DeletedUser3679

I don't quite get what you're saying, you want yourself to have specialized skills/build to combat all opponents then accuse InnoGames for restricting the variety of builds.
I never said that I want a skill to beat ALL opponents. I just said that your explanation of finding a skill against Coolins is a big fail and that duellers want to duell more than ONE special opponent skill.

Love or hate the tombola's they have produced some items over the years that have added more variety to duelling not restricted it.
1. I hate the set flooding of the last years.
2. There is no set that added more variety to duelling. Please show me one. Quite the contrary, especially Cullins set razed some duell skills.

DeletedUser3460

I will leave it in your capable hands then to find a way around it, would love to hear any suggestions you have based on your experiences in duelling Collin Set wearing duellers.

DeletedUser4078

Seriously nobody cares about the 3*20% regeneration at the weapon sets? I totally agree with the fact that Collin now is overpowered, but these useless wp sets are more annoying for me...This should be the priority to change.

DeletedUser

We are past the half of the event, but we dont know the weapon sets bonuses.
They will change or they will stay ?
It is important because on this depends to choose 9000 or 48000. (because the weapon sets are useless)
When will we know it ?

DeletedUser4009

You have one weapon set that gives a lot of duel stats, and two weapon sets that are great for many jobs.

Not everything has to give more $$/xp/luck.