• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Oktoberfest Set Feedback

Beef

Lance Corporal
Not all damage sets need the extra damage bonus , since you have teammates that share damage bonus with you that alone should be fine , what you need as a dueler is more attack bonus so you can hit more shots , bonus damage is great for workers because their attack bonus is already high , attack bonus is great for duelers because their attack bonus is not as high as workers , they only do more damage because of their crit chance and that's not always the case ( i am a worker and i deal almost every battle more than a dueler ) because i hit more shots than him. Sure they won't hit 1k for every shot they do but hitting someone for 850-1000 damage is still way to much + the crit chance you can make a lot of damage without the damage bonus and with attack bonus you can get even more damage.
mate i have level 3 deputy. i deal 1.6-1.8k on normal shot if i'm on the tower with the guy that has golden horse set+siringo+gringo. i very much doubt any worker can outdamage that combination more than the awkward battle. i did consider switching to lv4 captain weapon in attack, only because of that extra hit rate AND that extra sector damage WHICH does matter because it balances it out with my weapons, unless you sit on the same tower all battle which is not a realistic prospect on competitive servers.

a weapon set that gives me only +4.5 attack and has the same base damage as captain without that extra sector damage is not good enough to make me switch. + the clothing set is a huge boost compared to what i already have so i can even sit by myself in a sector and still deal a lot of damage. indeed it is a good boost for phoebe, murrieta or ron as the other guy said but it's trash in comparison to the good weapons that exist. and removing the sector damage is not justifiable.

the comparison was to underline how good the union weapons are and how they are not capable to balance out the huge power creep and still release trash weapons

Last edited:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
extra hit rate AND that extra sector damage
What are you talking about? You have more sector damage with Deputy's weapons than with Captain's weapons.

a weapon set that gives me only +4.5 attack and has the same base damage as captain without that extra sector damage is not good enough to make me switch.
In your case it's not worth buying these new weapons, but not everyone have deputy chef's knives. And if you have someone else who gives you sector damage, you can play with these new weapons for extra attack.

Django

Reservist
The free set could be better, since a Madison is already out, they could match in terms of drop and other attributes.

Set 1- You don't understand so much tactics, since it will be impossible to duel soldiers, with the bonus they have reaching 50% more tactics, then with vigor, aim and evasion, it will be absurd, or they will nerf the set or in the soldier class.

set 2- Not bad for strong damage.

Sep 3- I don't think it's bad either.

Winner Set- For the first time in many years, there are no dueling weapons or reducers, which is not understandable, it's more of the same, weapons that are disputed have the same bonus or weaker, I think they should review better.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I do have several questions

• First one is about the duel set. The set bonus seems to be the total bonus for 2, 3, 4 and 5 items, but at 6 items I think you only add the diference from 6 and 5 items, right? Otherwise it would mean that you only showed the bonus difference between n and n-1 (n being the number of items), and that would mean that this set would have a ridiculous number of skills and I don't think that's the case.

• The speed set seems to be a copy-paste after Schwarzwald's set, but this one is upgradable. It could have been a bit faster, don't you think? That one was free. And why did you add tactics and vigor to it? It makes no sense. The hp is great, but duel skills again...? Why?

• Why did you omit to add the flat damage for the first two sets of weapons (the free one and the duel one)?

• Why are the unique weapon sets getting weaker?

• I hope you'll reduce the leadership from the fort damager clothing set. It's too much. Why don't you change the fort formula? It sucks to be a tank these days.

Last edited:

Artem124

Sergeant
still waiting on new fort damagers new riding set like they said was coming out ..... or was it b.s??

or just make that union riding set and all will be good

Beef

Lance Corporal
What are you talking about? You have more sector damage with Deputy's weapons than with Captain's weapons.

In your case it's not worth buying these new weapons, but not everyone have deputy chef's knives. And if you have someone else who gives you sector damage, you can play with these new weapons for extra attack.

level 4 captain without that extra 70 sector damage is not worth getting over deputy lv3 knives, hence why i'm trying to explain this is the case of the new weapons.

the lack of any extra hp, the + attack, the damage multiplier from leadership, the extra hit rate from hiding and extra leadership only becomes worth it when you are in a solo sector and can still sustain damage by yourself since the captain clothes and the murr horse set (which is situational) make you a valuable asset for yourself and even for other people, when you're not in a solo sector anymore. if you calculate it with the damage formula the captain weapons are way better

if you wanna talk about damagers having enough damage, blame it on the incompetence of devs, release of too OP sets and the failure to address the problem...not the release of new content which every single similar game that exists relies on, because players will not wait 20 years for a decent set to be released. i already mentioned that this shouldn't be a defense set but it's not our problem since we want new weapons. if you think that the best available weapon set for defense should be the one in this exact version, when union been available three years ago...i'm sorry, but i won't respect that. the tank sets got doubled if not tripled in stats since zapata or whatever the hell tanks were using before livingston and the tower updates helped em as well. imagine murrieta horse set is still viable and was the best set when union was released. i'm tired of being the one made fun of when some noobs that were lucky to buy the best damager set think they actually know how to play this game.

that's what i'm talking about...and next time i would appreciate if you ask that question like a normal human being because i feel like there's something about you knowing it all and valuing your opinion a bit more than most of the people on this game...it also might reach the wrong people and i wouldn't like that because it would affect me directly since i play this game too :lol:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I agree with you. Except that the Deputy Chef's sector bonus is higher than the Captain's. That was the only sentence I disagreed with. I also consider captain' riffle better than deputy knives on attack, you lose ~10 sector damage, but gain a lot of extra attack. (also defense and resistance in case you need it)
And I also find it sad how the unionist is still OP. I've said it over and over again, it really needed to be nerfed. If it remained relevant, let's say it was still the best duelist set at the time, no one would have asked for their money back because the set was still best in slot. But they didn't nerf it at all. They left it OP. It's sad that a "noob" has the best set in the game, bought with a low amount of nuggets (the riffle was 400 iirc) with some nuggets bought on 150% offer, and you have to make ^3^4 sets and still can't compete with him. I raised this issue too, but nothing happened.

PS: My question was perfectly normal, what you said it was wrong. Yes, the captain's riffle ^4 it's probably better overall on attack than deputy's knives ^3, but the sector damage is slightly lower. (9 if you have the plate ^0 or 11 if you have the plate ^1).

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
Free set: Double drop and luck bonus for 6 items to +30% and for animal and weapon bonuses increase the bonuses to +20%. Individual item bonuses are fine.

Set 1: Why is cloths bonus with 6 items weaker than for 5 items? Also, like already mentioned, class bonuses need to get reworked asap coz of OP tactics bonus from soldiers.

Set 2: Replace setting traps with hiding. We don´t need yet another damagers set for defense when the battles finally got somewhat closer to balance with John Bull.

Set 3: Increase the set bonus for cloths to +160% speed and the weapons speed bonus to +40%.

Winners set: Increase the bonus for 2 items to +50% drop, +40% exp, +40% money, +10 defense, +10 attack, the rest is fine.

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
And a side comment: this reminds me a lot of the vibe before Octoberfest 2020 when you released Captain just to follow it up with OP Cortina for DOTD. If you are preparing to release another OP set for defense like Cortina for DOTD, you should seriously reconsider it. Battles are already unbalanced enough with defense still being a dominant side in most of the fights and it would undo a slight progress with John Bull.

Deleted User - 117052

Free set seems to finally give us drop (with luck) - unfortunately bonuses seems to be not good enough - surely for ride and clothing (just the cake from 14th birthday is 10% better itself) :no: . Weapons are probably good alternative for people without fisherman on the newest servers, otherwise useless as well. I can name few of free sets, which are far better - like Edison, Spiritual, Clyde, Madison and probably Gilbert as well... If all bonuses were 10% higher (at least on ride and weapons), I would call it decent and appropriate (they shouldn´t be a benchmark, but as well not totally useless).

Set 1 don´t really care as suicide dueller.

Set 2 - I would go against the mainstream and say I agree with idea of defensive damager set. Tbf, last one usefull was Phoebe in 2019 and servers will lose option to get Murrieta this year from Christmas sale (or will it be included in pumpkins/gift´s hunt? :njub:). Let´s face it Ron and S. Adams were terrible design mistakes, because they are just turd without leadership, which means they do not deal damage, unless someone sensible with sector bonus stands around...

However (if my brief calculation wasn´t wrong; on 150):
Phoebe clothing
44 dex
55 charisma

225 traps
420 aiming
495 leadership

8 attack

Murrieta clothing
53 dex
45 charisma

405 traps
345 aiming
360 leadership

80 damage bonus

(Union)
57 dex
63 charisma

525 leadership
405 aiming
570 leadership

12 attack
60 damage

Set 2 clothing
72 dex
79 charisma

534 traps
426 aiming
655 leadership

7 attack

Phoebe weapons (melee duel)
27 dex
27 charisma

75 aiming
120 traps
120 leadership
8 attack
375 avg. weapon damage

Murrieta weapons (range duel)
15 dex
21 charisma

45 aiming
165 traps
210 leadership
45 sector bonus
360 avg. weapon damage

(Union)
24 dex
24 charisma

180 aiming
180 traps
180 leadership
110 sector bonus
9 attack
427 avg. damage

Set 2 weapons
25 dex
30 charisma

159 aiming
195 traps
225 leadership
4.5 attack
357.5 avg. damage

I sense massive overpowerness in terms of amount of atribute and skill points, which will ruin current (bad, slightly improving) balance of FB. I know Murrieta and Phoebe aren´t one-side purpose sets like this one, but (I´m bit stunned to say that, when on every other occasion I´m shouting for the opposite) I would prefer massive nerf to be just around current defense sniper benchmarks. This is just too op and undone the job, you´ve done with Bull.

Set 3 - difficult to judge how the % of speed actually works, if it´s around Schwarzwald or engine-driver I´m OK with it.

Artem124

Sergeant
i love that ive gotten union set.. dont have to compare etc with any other dueler ff sets or purchase in like the last 3-4 sets that came out
since union so far still beats them all :)
really hope they make a union riding still.. best investment for InnoGames just saying ;)

Aron

Private
My opinion:

Free set could be stronger than it is. You can boost bonus on items from 3% to 5% or increase bonus set.
Similarly with animal and yield, Bonus on them could be increased from 5% to 10%.

Set 1 - I can't say too much. I am not fan of tactics sets, it is really passive working. Nobody wants to attack you, when you wear it all the time. But if you don't wear it, predicting of being attacked is difficult to change set and suprise the opponent.

Set 2 - I think it is good, but there is one detail I noticed. Belt is actually the weakest part of this set (default it should be hat and necklace), so I would suggest to buff it a little. I think it should have the same bonuses as boots.

Set 3 - It looks like a really good speed set. Nothing more to add .

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Free Set: Add 26% more improved product drop chance , it will be at 50% ( less than 2016 Hancock ) OR add 36% and make it par with Hancock , your choice. Weapons and Animal with Yield are fine as they are.

Set 1 (dueling set): So after some calculations that I did . the whole set gives you around 652 tactics ( clothes,weapons and bonus added all together ) , 652 + 50% that makes it 978 tactics for a soldier with prem , this is to much and on top of that the set is upgradable so if someone spent a lot of money on this event and make it +2+3 tactics will go over 1100 ( with zero effort ). My suggestion , half the tactics you give and make it a mediocre dueling set , you don't have to make it better from others ( and in this case is way more better for ONLY the soldier ) .PVP should be balanced for all character classes , having a class outclass all other classes because of a dumb 50% increase in tactics is just unfair for all others.

Set 2 (ff damager set): Seems okay , the only thing I would've changed is to add bonus damage sector but that's only because I am a worker and would love to have something else besides Murrieta in defense ( and no , not everyone has Union Officer so don't ask why I don't play with UO )

Set 3 (speed set): Seems very good , and If my calculations are correct it's even faster than Schwarzwald + its upgradable so that's a ++ for you , well done.

Winner set: Instead of Swimming , I would replace it with Shooting ( boom you have a new LaTo weapon set ) and increase money % by 10% and luck also by 10% in individual parts and also in set bonus so in total a 20% increase in money and luck.

Aron

Private
Set 1 (dueling set): So after some calculations that I did . the whole set gives you around 652 tactics ( clothes,weapons and bonus added all together ) , 652 + 50% that makes it 978 tactics for a soldier with prem , this is to much and on top of that the set is upgradable so if someone spent a lot of money on this event and make it +2+3 tactics will go over 1100 ( with zero effort ). My suggestion , half the tactics you give and make it a mediocre dueling set , you don't have to make it better from others ( and in this case is way more better for ONLY the soldier ) .PVP should be balanced for all character classes , having a class outclass all other classes because of a dumb 50% increase in tactics is just unfair for all others.
It's true it is a lot of tactics, but on the other hand this set lacks a lot of dodging. I am not sure, how it will be working in practice, but I think it shouldn't be hard to hit soldier without dodging.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
It's true it is a lot of tactics, but on the other hand this set lacks a lot of dodging. I am not sure, how it will be working in practice, but I think it shouldn't be hard to hit soldier without dodging.
Sure , clothing gives 136 dodge now if a soldier has Behan horse saddle and Jaguar weapons or any weapon and horse set with high dodge thats around 500 dodge ( just a rough estimate ), add some skill points in dodge as well and you have yourself plenty of dodge ( also you don't really need dodge on soldier , high HP that the soldier class gives you will hardly deal damage to him ) and with this set that gives HP its even worse , this is simply a Soldier set , InnoGames should rename this set to SoldierPVP

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
You can't make all sets with tactics bad just because soldiers have an overpowered bonus. InnoGames must either delete soldier's duel bonus or just buff all classes adding a duel bonus, which is very risky.
Sure don't make them bad but also don't make them extremely OP just for one class , it's really not a bad set but with so much high tactics and HP is like making a specific set for an individual class.