1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Oktoberfest Feedback

Discussion in 'Version 2.06' started by Diggo11, Sep 16, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
  2. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

Finally, you decided to accept bonds too ;)

3. Alexpanter

Alexpanter Guest

1st weapon set bonus makes chin's weapon set completely obsolete.

i'd also suggest to lower either the aim/dodge or charisma/appearance/tactics bonus on the 1st set.

4. aamgdp

aamgdp Private

bonds are very good :up: but we still dont know set's bonuses... and i think mcjunkin's necktie has wrong skills... expect mcjunkin's is fort set...

5. Alexpanter

Alexpanter Guest

[​IMG]
    seems to be a case of caffeine deficiency

6. Bluep

Bluep Guest

What about looking in that spoiler in the Announcements? ;)

7. aamgdp

aamgdp Private

the spoiler wasn't there all the time the thread exist...but thx

8. HugoSilva

HugoSilva Guest

When this event start in .net?(not beta)

9. Leones

Leones The West Team

Soon. You will see the announcement in due time.

10. father jack

father jack Private First Class

Interested to know what everyone thinks of the bonuses for the first set in particular.[/QUOTE]

Why should I have to bribe to get a reward I paid 800 nuggets for? Is that not enough for InnoGames? They need to bleed people dry?

5 more set? oh come on?

11. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    I have some sympathy with the previous poster, if not with the manner of delivery.

It seems to be every month now, yet another quest or tombola that rewards those spending cash on nuggets, the game is losing balance between the haves and have-nots, carry on like this, and InnoGames will lose the non-premium players, and then there won't be enough players to left to have a decent game world

12. FricFrac

FricFrac Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  13. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Yes, I hope this eases some of the pain :) We (beta team) had planned to run a bond giving event prior to this event, but alas it did not come to fruition due to a number of overriding events like the new fort formula, release of 2.06 and personal delays. Nevertheless, we still have the plans, and we should be able to run it later as a reward for everyone! In the meanwhile, perhaps we can organise more testing assistance. Rest assured that this should also be the shortest time between major events; this was a concern we outlined at length to be considered for future planning.

And a usual reminder for everyone to remain respectful, thanks.

It currently has the same number of total points to duelling as Doc's Set (321), just the distribution is different. Yesterday we were hoping to convince our game designers that some tactics should be moved, counteracting the strong defensive bonuses of Doc's Set given the strong appearance. Would you agree with that?

That seemed a bit odd to us too, although perhaps this explains it :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  14. Mr NiceGuy

Mr NiceGuy Guest

That sounds great. :up: I'm not sure if there's more changes planned in the dueling system, but if not, it's not reasonable to push tactics AND appearence cause no player will skill both of them.

15. Alexpanter

Alexpanter Guest

Edit: wow this post turned out to be longer than i'd planned. i'm a foolosopher :whistle:

First, not every duelling skill is equally important. The fact that this set has the same number of points toward duelling skill as doc's set doesn't mean it is equally viable as the doc's set, or in balance with the other duelling sets.

Duelling is about finding weak points in the opponent's build / strategy and exploiting them. It is, in a sense, inherently unbalanced.
    To illustrate this: reflex/resistance duellists will dominate duellists that focus on aiming/dodging. The weak point of reflex/resist builds is a fairly low damage output. A duellist that focuses on vigor/shooting will dominate reflex/resist builds. However, the vigor/shooting build is dominated by the aiming/dodging build.
    reflex/resist is a good choice for a high duel ranking. A shooting/aiming combo is designed to hurt people. (think glass cannon). Those are their roles; it is what they are good at.

The goal of balancing the duelling system is not to make every build equal. The goal is to make each build equally useful at it's own role. No build should dominate all other builds in their respective roles.

Doc's set is useful against reflex duellists because of the high bonus on the shooting skill and useful for defence against high-aiming builds due to the high tactics bonus.
    Ching's clothes set is more of a jack-of-all-trades-but-master-of-none duelling set. Hence, it is hard to find use for chin's set. I'd argue that chin's set is only useful to a specific kind of zero motivation duellist characters, because it gives a nice hp bonus.

Frank Eaton's set dominates high-tactics builds. (Doc's set.) That's it purpose.
    It also gives a huge bonus to aiming/dodging. Fair enough.
    And it gives a bonus to tactics. A huge bonus.
    Doc's set adds 65 points to tactics. Eaton's set adds 90 points. That is problematic, right there.

I also want to point out this: every new introduced set is slightly more useful (fills slightly more roles, or fills a role more efficiently) than the previous set. It is therefore more desirable, but not completely unbalanced. This is good; it gives players a reason to spend money, without completely alienating the free to play members (exception: howdah and gt).

However, it also makes the game very, very boring. Everything is more of the same, just slightly better. It doesn't add anything to the game. It does nothing to engage the non-premium players.

I'm not a game designer; but this seems to be the issue.
    In the end, the goal of Innogames is to make money. In return they provide entertainment. Non-premium players are, in essence, parasites, they consume InnoGames's product without giving anything in return. InnoGames also depends on non-premium players to fill their world, and needs to keep them engaged. How do you keep them playing without spending more than you get in return? This problem is inherent to every free-to-play game. It is a complex, nuanced dilemma. There is no clear distinction between a good and a bad idea.

More to the point:
    I want complexity. I don't want one item set to be useful for everything. I want to think about which kind of build is most useful in which role, and which role is most useful in which type of gameplay, and then make a decision that turns out bad so I can wonder about what went wrong.

I think Eaton's shouldn't add any points to tactics.

tl;dr
    Eaton set is OP
    Game design is frikkin complicated

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  16. I think it is theft off our nuggets/bonds when we lose ad the eating, yeah we have chance to bribe by spending another 8 nuggets or bonds.

But still I think this i theft...

Pull that part out of the event, that part is only greed from Innogame, and will only make gamers made.

Personally I consider to find an other game to play... :mad:

17. harres

harres Private

I dont understand everything you are saying. But you are free to play a other game. No one forces you to play it.

If you lose with the eating, you can wait untill time is up and then take your reward. If you are hungry you can shorten the time. Its not a must.

18. Well do you think it's okay that the event make loose the eating contest when you spend nuggets on it. Yeah it's right i can do it again spending even more nuggets/bonds which I'm forced to if I want any reward. That's why I come to the part of greed...

19. mennik

mennik Sergeant

isn't oktoberfest about drinking instead of eating :p

20. xDiego

xDiego Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

Main Server:
    NL
    +1 :D
    It's all about beer