1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Oktoberfest Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Version 2.10' started by Diggo11, Sep 11, 2014.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leones

Leones The West Team

It wasn't that difficult to get the full set, not for me at least, I spent 1000 bonds (which isn't that much) and got it two days ago, doing only the free spin and the 25 bonds spin whenever the cooldown allowed it. If you're especially unlucky and lose a lot of duels it might take you slightly more bonds, but not an awful lot more, a fair price imo for a good set.

2. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Personally I would have preferred the benchmark to be a tad lower than usual, perhaps 100. Although I do agree in principle: previously the ranking set was always there because without premium your only choice was to focus on reducing the timer for free spins, and generally speaking the choice of 25, 150 and 800 spins hasn't eroded that.

3. .Surge.

.Surge. Corporal

exactly... It was okay with special currencies but almost imposible now, without a whole bunch of bonds

4. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    On normal worlds the lowest number was over the 1250 (and you would need to use some cooldowns since it was impossible to do on the timeframe it was available only with free-25 at least for normal players... that wouldn´t be online on the first 6 days playing at each 4-5 hours without letting the time go by for much (impossible for people that work and/or study and sleep)).

I understand that the set was nice and there target was to get people to use nuggets. And, i think, they got that on there objective. Since on the main world where i got the set, i was on a lower position than on the independence wheel on the same number of days. On beta too i got the set and was 23 rankings below the one i got on the independence.
    So more people used nuggets than before, even that there where some with a number of upbs near the 2000 and others with 5000 or more in letters.
    Getting the things on the old number of 100 would get the set to most of the normal players... with 120 it was a hard to impossible thing to do.
    PS- Worst: people that could not get the pieces now only have 1 way to get it- Friends prizes. Already talked with a friend that got to 119 and lost the last duel less than 1h from the finish time with his last upbs and only had 7 nuggets.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  5. Leones

Leones The West Team

I did it on a normal world with the 1000 bonds I mentioned, it required some activity when the cooldown was still lower than 7 hours or so, but as the cooldown increased, doing it once in the morning and once in the evening was sufficient.

120 might've been a bit tough for a set that should be available to most, but it's definitely not an impossible task, especially with the bond letters you could receive during the event. Feedback is appreciated though and we will use it for the next event.

6. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

i think it was the correct target amount and those who did not reach 120 were either not active enough daily or not using their time wisely, which is part of life. if you completed the daily tasks, received your weekly goal bonus, sign in 5 day bonus (either nugs or bonds), completed daily quests (spear fish, tooth, lamb wool, coffee, and the varying ones depending on level), and went to FF's, then there was plenty of time. On .net, I started 2 worlds with 300-500 bonds only and went way past 120 without nugget usage. My time online was mostly about setting timers to complete the daily quests and any extra was just checking out the market prices to grab tombola items cheap. These type sets should be goals and worked for. Although they do help generate extra incentive to spend, if you know that, then its the players decision to spend the money or the time to get them. They are not an entitlement and never should be. The game over the last year has steered enough towards allowing any character build to participate in any other aspect of the game with the correct sets. FF's can duel, duelers can FF, almost all jobs can be done regardless of build, etc... There is no need to make everything a guarantee. Some like a challenge and if the end result is I get all pieces to a set without even trying, then why would most? So please keep it a challenge, because it was not impossible to reach by any stretch

7. Bluep

Bluep Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DE
    Already a few days old, this topic, but...
    or did not use their bonds wisely ^^

As already mentioned, using only free & 25 UPB servings (and eventually reducing serving time now & then if it fits your RL) was the best option...

You basically had to chose: Get the Ludwig set easily without any problems OR have the chance to get some of the prize set items by using "overpriced" (reagarding UPB vs. stages ratio) tier 3 & 4 servings.
    (Option 3, as always, was using plenty of nuggets to have a chance(!) only to get the free set and your desired prize set(s)..)

(edit: managed it on 2 beta worlds without any problems, as well as on 3 normal worlds by spending no more than ~600 UPB each; all additional UPBs I had & used were for the pure luxury of chosing T3 & 4 servings at the end. Lacking time, I didn't play 24/7, just payed attention to complete all possible-without-dying daily quests giving UPBs..)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.