• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Next level cap - sugestion

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Hi everyone,

Reading all the comments here I am a bit baffled with the negative responses...

2 years ago when they announced the level cap increase I was hoping they implement something like this rather than the previous 2 level cap increases. The previous 2 was a failure as far as longevity goes. The 99-120 people reached it within months if not weeks. So that was that. Nothing else to look forward to. It was just a short race and that is it.

Then the second increase 120-150 came which were a bit more "challenging" but that take again probably 6 months tops if not less.

Now this one has been announced really early, more than 2 years ago. I immediately started the church building project to have as much advantage as I can, when it happens.

If you want to kill the game the previous upgrades would do just fine, but in my mind if you keep people interested to reach new levels, look forward to leveling up for years rather than months I think this would keep people locked in.

Now the difference between active players in terms of levels won`t be that great. 10-15-20 levels may seems a lot, but that is what the XP hunters worked on since they have reached 150 or when the update has been hinted. So finally they have an advantage what they worked for years. This advantage not as great as you claim. Just look at players with 130-140 levels. They can produce really similar results in fort fights and MPI as 150 players and even in duels if I am not careful.

Also to level up to 150 takes about 6 months from 0 if you building close to the highest possible levels and get the log in bonuses. After that finally have a long way (13 years and 8 months ish with just log in bonuses) to reach the top. I don`t mind to play this game for another 5 or so years to get to the top with various things in the game.

So while most of you slagging this big update, I am really looking forward to it. I feel this update will keep the game alive for longer as you cannot get to the top level in less than 6 months as you can right now.

And don`t forget the vast majority of people who remained active without doing anything crazy they will be the 175-185 range of levels. If you have done nothing and just collected the log in bonuses you will be around 170, so the difference is negligible. Of course we have a handful of players (15-20) each worlds who will jump to 190-200 so not sure where you guys see the big gap. It is only 10-15-20 for the active players. And remember anyone within 6 months can get to 75% of the No1 players level.

So please comment on this if you have made it through.

Regards Pimpa

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
I think you forgot something! It's about new players with level 0 to about 250 level. You can never do that in 1 1/2 years. Believe me then you give up sooner if the goal never comes closer.
Perhaps they could introduce level caps based on how old each world is. For example:
Less than 12 months old worlds: max lvl cap is 150
1-2 years old worlds: max lvl cap is 180
3-5 years old worlds: max lvl cap is 200
5+ years old worlds: max lvl cap is 250

ungava

Private
Hi everyone,

Reading all the comments here I am a bit baffled with the negative responses...

2 years ago when they announced the level cap increase I was hoping they implement something like this rather than the previous 2 level cap increases. The previous 2 was a failure as far as longevity goes. The 99-120 people reached it within months if not weeks. So that was that. Nothing else to look forward to. It was just a short race and that is it.

Then the second increase 120-150 came which were a bit more "challenging" but that take again probably 6 months tops if not less.

Now this one has been announced really early, more than 2 years ago. I immediately started the church building project to have as much advantage as I can, when it happens.

If you want to kill the game the previous upgrades would do just fine, but in my mind if you keep people interested to reach new levels, look forward to leveling up for years rather than months I think this would keep people locked in.

Now the difference between active players in terms of levels won`t be that great. 10-15-20 levels may seems a lot, but that is what the XP hunters worked on since they have reached 150 or when the update has been hinted. So finally they have an advantage what they worked for years. This advantage not as great as you claim. Just look at players with 130-140 levels. They can produce really similar results in fort fights and MPI as 150 players and even in duels if I am not careful.

Also to level up to 150 takes about 6 months from 0 if you building close to the highest possible levels and get the log in bonuses. After that finally have a long way (13 years and 8 months ish with just log in bonuses) to reach the top. I don`t mind to play this game for another 5 or so years to get to the top with various things in the game.

So while most of you slagging this big update, I am really looking forward to it. I feel this update will keep the game alive for longer as you cannot get to the top level in less than 6 months as you can right now.

And don`t forget the vast majority of people who remained active without doing anything crazy they will be the 175-185 range of levels. If you have done nothing and just collected the log in bonuses you will be around 170, so the difference is negligible. Of course we have a handful of players (15-20) each worlds who will jump to 190-200 so not sure where you guys see the big gap. It is only 10-15-20 for the active players. And remember anyone within 6 months can get to 75% of the No1 players level.

So please comment on this if you have made it through.

Regards Pimpa
I agree 100%.
I have written before that the majority of players will be in a narrow level interval. Yes few player will be at a higher level but they did something for it.
In the old days (when there were only 2-hour jobs. or maybe 1-hour jobs had already appeared..not sure) One tactic was to rush forward to level 55 and get Hernando's sword and then beat everyone. (it was bad at first, but then they took advantage of their higher level.)

And construction is expensive. It takes a lot of buff and they don't earn money. So the majority of builders are poor.
Even if they go over to duel they don't have as good equipment as those who concentrate on that.
I haven't calculated it but I think +1 level in gears easily makes up for a 10 level difference.

If "alive" to you is everyone just building a church, all I can say is have fun with that.
And if you got KO daily, if you lose money daily, if you lose energy daily, game is not "alive" for you ("alive" for the dueler, yes). Eventually you will delete character or put in vacation mode. Or townless for 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 months, doing jobs.
With new level caps, of course we will get more things. New jobs, new achievements, new recipes to craft, new quests. Maybe new items. But not immediately. Like next month update with new levels; next 3-4 months update with new jobs. Next 3-4 months update with new quests. Next 3-4 months update with new recipes. Next 3-4 months update with new achievements.

Copchilu

Reservist
And if you got KO daily, if you lose money daily, if you lose energy daily, game is not "alive" for you ("alive" for the dueler, yes). Eventually you will delete character or put in vacation mode. Or townless for 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 months, doing jobs.

With new level caps, of course we will get more things. New jobs, new achievements, new recipes to craft, new quests. Maybe new items. But not immediately. Like next month update with new levels; next 3-4 months update with new jobs. Next 3-4 months update with new quests. Next 3-4 months update with new recipes. Next 3-4 months update with new achievements.
There is just a small group of people who are frustrated by the duels. But let's remember we are in wild west, things doesen't go as we wish so it's pretty normal to be duelled, loose money, energy daily etc.

In simple lines, it's pretty easy to don't be duelled. Just KO urself on someone and u're free 72hrs.

Besides new lvl cap, there is still a big problem on PvP. I think all of you noticed that a lot of people start to lose duels on purpose just to lower duelling lvl to can duel someone. In what normal game have you ever seen to lose in purpose only to enjoy PvP?

pimpa1977

Private First Class
If "alive" to you is everyone just building a church, all I can say is have fun with that.
Keep it alive I meant you will looking for different ways to improve your character, Building churches is just one of the countless opportunities if more player activate. You can have groups of duelers who can get high XP duels at high levels. You will have players who will do jobs and apparently new quests. Also can be 1-2 hours of high XP 15 sec jobs too. You wont need to get all your points on building to be able to reach churches with 5-6k average XP/hour.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Workers don't have it easy! They are always dueled when you help build a town. They must always be KO'd to have 3 days rest. And mostly duelists come at night when you want to build buildings. They have bad cards

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
A multiplayer game is kept alive by pvp, if you want to build non-stop the church for 10 years to make lvl 250, good luck. I've been building the church daily for 3 months, thinking they'll introduce lvl 180 at the end of this year, but I'll tell you, honestly, I'm terribly bored. I feel like quitting. The forts suck, most of the players are inactive or clones, no one leads, it's boring. About duel, I have no one to duel, no one else is dueling and most of them are low level anyway and I can't really lower mine at this point. The adventures are dead, I've been in queue for several hours and it's no use, I can't find a match. If you think that a game will be brought back to life just because players will log in 2 times a day and will click 4 (or 9) times at building church for 1 hour, you are delusional.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
A multiplayer game is kept alive by pvp, if you want to build non-stop the church for 10 years to make lvl 250, good luck. I've been building the church daily for 3 months, thinking they'll introduce lvl 180 at the end of this year, but I'll tell you, honestly, I'm terribly bored. I feel like quitting. The forts suck, most of the players are inactive or clones, no one leads, it's boring. About duel, I have no one to duel, no one else is dueling and most of them are low level anyway and I can't really lower mine at this point. The adventures are dead, I've been in queue for several hours and it's no use, I can't find a match. If you think that a game will be brought back to life just because players will log in 2 times a day and will click 4 (or 9) times at building church for 1 hour, you are delusional.
Why building is boring to you? The only time you should build when you AFK. So you can do whatever you want when you actually in front of your computer. You can play MPI or fort fights if finally some hibernating accounts come back to life if they find the game challenging again.

Also new quests will be available or you can do duels also. The church building only to keep your XP coming in during the night when you would get jobs in. Basically you don't have to tie down doing that 24/7.

That is the beauty of it, you can find different ways to collect XP

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Why building is boring to you? The only time you should build when you AFK. So you can do whatever you want when you actually in front of your computer. You can play MPI or fort fights if finally some hibernating accounts come back to life if they find the game challenging again.

Also new quests will be available or you can do duels also. The church building only to keep your XP coming in during the night when you would get jobs in. Basically you don't have to tie down doing that 24/7.

That is the beauty of it, you can find different ways to collect XP
If you play actively in only 1 world it's pretty boring , you put your character to build and you have nothing else to do , you can't duel because there's no one at your level , you can't even lower the dueling level even on purpose to be able to enjoy the PVP ( yes in GR dueling to lose on purpose leads you to a ban ). Adventures that no one plays and you have to wait over 20 hours to find a match and that's IF you find.Fort fights are the only possible PVP and if your world doesn't have 2 well put alliances you are doomed to always build build build build. Do you think the game will be alive or even exist in 30 years of building to reach 250?

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
So you can do whatever you want when you actually in front of your computer
Although you quoted me, it's clear you didn't read what I wrote. I go to the forts every day, but it's extremely boring, 90% of the players are off or afk, no one leads, there is nothing to do, it's boring, I have no one to duel, only a few players who aren't dueling and don't wear dueling clothes. I can't even lower my level, and at lower lvl even though I find more players to duel, I still find them in work clothes and it's not fun. I can't play adventures, because no one plays. And frankly, they are also very boring. What am I supposed to do? Doing 15 seconds jobs? For what? I have money, I have products, I have items, I have everything I want, I want PvP.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Although you quoted me, it's clear you didn't read what I wrote. I go to the forts every day, but it's extremely boring, 90% of the players are off or afk, no one leads, there is nothing to do, it's boring, I have no one to duel, only a few players who aren't dueling and don't wear dueling clothes. I can't even lower my level, and at lower lvl even though I find more players to duel, I still find them in work clothes and it's not fun. I can't play adventures, because no one plays. And frankly, they are also very boring. What am I supposed to do? Doing 15 seconds jobs? For what? I have money, I have products, I have items, I have everything I want, I want PvP.
i have read it, but I don`t understand why are you playing if it is boring... I have never been bored in my life, if you are bored than do something about it :D

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Because I like the game. Of course I have reduced my time spent on this game significantly, but I don't want to fully quit.
There are many things that can be done regarding pvp that do not require much time, nor many developers, nor talent, nor anything, just a little will, but I see that it is not done. I am curious what will happen with this big update.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Because I like the game. Of course I have reduced my time spent on this game significantly, but I don't want to fully quit.
There are many things that can be done regarding pvp that do not require much time, nor many developers, nor talent, nor anything, just a little will, but I see that it is not done. I am curious what will happen with this big update.
That is what I mean, I see bit of light at the end of the tunnel. I was waiting on this big update for probably 4-5 years now to get something which could activate players. If that is not happening I probably will hang up my clothes and leave for good... This level cap increase held me back and I have high hopes for it... Maybe I will be the disappointed one and you guys were right all along... We will see :)

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
But you already know that the last big update was about 10 years ago? Think 2012 where the first 3 Christmas set came out? and the InnoGame video true 2 years ago