• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Next level cap - sugestion

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I hope all these rumors with lvl 250 are a bad joke.
Nobody will spend 10 years from their lives to click click every 15 secunds or 24/24 building the church. It will become BORING (and annoying of course). And what about newer player or newer worlds? I hope you considered everything before this "big update" and the rumors were just rumors.

eusuntguta

Private
I don't understand this level increase. Every time the max level increased, it happened because it was very easy to max level. For example, you can do level 120 in one year without any set experience if you work for one hour at high level jobs. Level 150 I haven't seen anyone doing only normal jobs. There is no way you can do it without spending many hours at church or at work for 15 seconds for several months. The game is in the worst period since 2009, no new players appear. I think you should listen to those of us who are still playing, more out of nostalgia than pleasure.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
If it's true, have you thought about the impact these high numbers will have on the game? How will the duel be with 166% more skills? What about the fort? Damagers will have 3500 leadership. The leadership does not have diminishing returns when it comes to the extra damage bonus. Don't you think about tanks? They will also have more hp, but the hp is countered by crits. The adventurers will get knock out in a round, I don't even want to think about it. This, of course, assuming that someone will play long enough to reach level 250. And so you won't have new players, because the gap between old and new players will be too big. If now there are still people who migrate to old worlds or give up their worlds because they are dead and go to more active worlds, after the implementation of lvl 250 there will be no such thing. You reach level 150 in ~2 years if you start from 0 and are moderately active, you reach level 250 in 25 years wtf =))

Howdy ! If we were to follow the updates, the next one after the one that comes, should be with BIG UP.
As for the opinions against a high level. Well, it's simple, new players rarely appear, rather they appear from the old ones who took a break, and those who activate now want something new. Big Up must come with new lvl, new clothes, new missions, new jobs, new achievements.
I think that these are enough to keep the old players still active. Good luck cowboys and cowgirls!​

Beef

Lance Corporal
i think some of you guys don't understand that on most rpg games where you have to level up, it takes time, unless you grind for weeks/months :lol:
i played other rpgs for several years more than the west and i'm still not max level. this game is significantly easier than most of them.

indeed, i'm skeptical as well about level 250 but maybe the raise won't be this huge and one cap raise at a time. class bonuses can be changed, damage formula can be changed...game can be changed to fit the new level cap. what matters is having someone in charge of the game that actually knows what to do :D

DeletedUser500

lass bonuses can be changed, damage formula can be changed...game can be changed to fit the new level cap. what matters is having someone in charge of the game that actually knows what to do
yeah they haven't demonstrated any kind of ability to do those things as the game is now, never mind with extra levels to factor into the equation.

I'm glad someone is excited for more levels, the ultra casual berry pickers are still content for the PvP players that this game makes its money from, as long as PvP is functional.

DeletedUser500

It's easy to level up. We got items that give XP. We got sets that give XP. We got jobs (silver and gold) that give XP. We got potions and buffs that give XP.
okay. but that isn't why I, or i'd argue most of the players left, loved this game, it's cool if grinding xp and building church 24/7 is why you like it though. And you'll be building church for at least 15 years to reach the new theoretical max level.
Just be aware that hardly anyone will be left after this update further ruins the PvP.

DeletedUser5241

How do you know there will be no changes about the pvp or ffs? Why not take this as a step further instead?

DeletedUser500

How do you know there will be no changes about the pvp or ffs? Why not take this as a step further instead?
I'm sure there will be tbh, at some point in the future, they literally can't keep ignoring it.

As of now:
  • There's been no commitment to future PvP fixes
  • There's been no serious attempt in the last 6 years to address the imbalances
  • No diminishing returns for very high leadership values in fort battles
  • No class balancing
  • No nerfing OP PvP sets
  • No addressing the imbalance of Skill Points from clothes to Skill Points from characters that means this is more of a Dress-Up simulator than a Role Playing Game
More levels is going to make it more difficult to balance PvP.
Should I still have faith?

For what it's worth, I get that the game has become stale for most "jobbers", you're just now catching up the how the PvP-ers feel.
So then there's a choice between focussing on catering for the people who build churches forever, and the players who engage in Player verses Player activities. I'm obviously sad that they're focussing on the jobbers, don't think that's a financially sound decision for the future of this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

alexboss622

Reservist
It's easy to level up. We got items that give XP. We got sets that give XP. We got jobs (silver and gold) that give XP. We got potions and buffs that give XP.

Every job I do, I put XP items. Josephine's clothing gives me +63% XP, Maggie's weapons gives +35% XP, Maggie's horse and saddle +35% XP.
You are the stupid Sorinel, not the smart Sorinel. You commented something just for the sake of it. You've been playing for 9 years and you only have 100k jobs. You better shut up because you don't know what those 15 sec jobs are.
Some of you comment just to be on the job, but you are parallel to the game.

DeletedUser5241

You should always have faith. It’s been a while since Magda made the video about the “big update” and we can see it’s happening. We can’t have everything in the same time can we? I think the new level cap is a step forward and there’s more to come.
I doubt they want to kill the game i think they are pretty aware of the situation so don’t lose faith :)

DeletedUser500

You should always have faith. It’s been a while since Magda made the video about the “big update” and we can see it’s happening. We can’t have everything in the same time can we? I think the new level cap is a step forward and there’s more to come.
I doubt they want to kill the game i think they are pretty aware of the situation so don’t lose faith :)
I think it was a huge mistake to make/release that video, it was over 2 years ago btw.

They can't have done any sort of feasibility exercise on this, just making it up as they go along.
If you know any mods involved in the secret testing, they'll tell you this "big update" is an absolute mess that should not be released (often before resigning from their position in protest/disgust).
It is absolutely not a step forward imo.

Of course they don't want to kill the game, jobs depend on it, and I don't want it to die either, so that's why I feel I have to be vocal about how terrible this entire thing is and is going to be. It's not too late to just write off the last 2 years of messy development and focus on fixing the game as it is now, because it needs serious attention :njub:

I'd keep the new jobs (it's content after all, and we are starved of content), just no level cap increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are the stupid Sorinel, not the smart Sorinel. You commented something just for the sake of it. You've been playing for 9 years and you only have 100k jobs. You better shut up because you don't know what those 15 sec jobs are.
Some of you comment just to be on the job, but you are parallel to the game.
15s jobs are for noobs. I only do 1 hour jobs. You are level just level 47 ? What happend you stupid ? And level 10 on 2015 ? Did you take a break ?

okay. but that isn't why I, or i'd argue most of the players left, loved this game, it's cool if grinding xp and building church 24/7 is why you like it though. And you'll be building church for at least 15 years to reach the new theoretical max level.
Just be aware that hardly anyone will be left after this update further ruins the PvP.
Don't like to build churches. It's boooooring. I'm townless like for 4-5 months. Only 1 hours jobs...
Ruins PvP ? For me is dead, is ruined long time ago. I'm townless because of the noob level item update. I got KO often. I have normal weapon (level 0) and people will high weapons (level +2 or +3) keep attacking me. This is stupidity for me. This is ruined PvP.

Maybe if level 150 players (with +2 weapon) deals less damage if I'm level 250 with normal weapon (level 0). This is fair.