• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Newest idea

DeletedUser3484

I am dueler on beta and i like good dueling, but there's only one thing that makes me think on it all the time.

I think that Howdah pistol (which is best ranged weapon and most expensive and rare) is not made the best way.

Current Howdah pistol characteristics are:

Level requirement: 100
Damage: 100-200
Purchase price: $11750
Sale price: $5875

I think that is too low in compare to latest update, first of all, there are new wepons like http://prntscr.com/2i7adn which gives a player nice skill bonus and great damage, and it's common item that even cost more than howdah pistol ($15000)

My idea about Howdah pistol to make it really extra and worth the price of 4-5 millions on market is something like this:

Level requirements: 120
Damage: 150-300
Bonus skills:
+4 strength
+4 mobility
+4 dexterity
+4 charisma

Purchase price: $50000
Sale price: $25000

I mean, really people take a look at all those weapons, if you thinking "why to set that bonus on it" just look at the Collector's revolver, Collector's sabre, and set weapons, and ALL of them are less rare and more cheaper than Howdah pistol, and Howdah pistol can only be found in Premium chest (1500 bonds/nuggets) with a huge luck to find it or can be earned by taking a part in elite category in weekly draw, but that's 1xHowdah in couple of months, Come on all think about it and let's make Howdah pistol a real award for lucky player.
Same for golden tomahawk.

Thanks all and read all carefully

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

average dmg 225? no chance... that is so absurd that I really don't have to read the rest :)

DeletedUser3484

i really don't care about your reply

average dmg 225? no chance... that is so absurd that I really don't have to read the rest :)

i'll pretend that i don't see your reply

just take a look on high hp's, and that's all

and one advise: go play chess ;)

DeletedUser500

The reason a Howdah is worth so much money is simply because it's so rare - Supply and demand. It's also my favorite dueling weapon, and I've often actually thought it was overpowered because of the high end of the base damage. Making it stronger really isn't necessary in my opinion.
To balance this possible huge damage out, it also has such a huge damage range, 100 - 200 (which gives it an average of 150), meaning it's unreliable and unpredictable, and some people prefer weapons with a lower maximum damage, because you get a more predictable average, like with a Wyatt Earp's colt buntline or a Golden colt.

And basically, with the new weapons that are actually pretty good with both damage and added stats, the gap between howdah users and non-howdah users should hopefully shrink, which is a pretty good thing I think. Howdah users are usually premium players, and anything that narrows the advantage that people who spend gazillions of nuggets and those that can't afford to do that, is a step in the right direction for the game.

DeletedUser

Why should the people that have spent so many nuggets getting a Howdah now have less of an advantage??

DeletedUser2888

No way, howdah is already overpowered enough..
The gap between nugget an non nugget players is getting smaller with this update and that's great news.
But if you are patient, i'm pretty sure that we will get some new OP items in the future (like all the sets of last year)

DeletedUser

Man maybe you want it to be 500-1000 damage? :p

Just think a little before posting an idea, 150 average damage is pretty high and is still the highest damage in any weapon in game.It is already really overpowered and needs no more buffs

DeletedUser

I understand that howdah may need some change just because i have
Frank weapon set that even with average damage of 120 that is only less 30 of howdah
but then u have +20 regeneration and speed + 10 aim and dodge and still +3 charisma, with this bonus and with damage after all close i dont wanna pay 5m for a weapon that dont give any stats

+4 each attribute is too much but if weapon gives for example +1 ea attribute and +8 health points, i think this will make howdah woth about 5m , and same with GT, but for any reason gt is not woth that much

DeletedUser

Why should the people that have spent so many nuggets getting a Howdah now have less of an advantage??

Because those supposed to get cheap after a while for you to use more nuggets ;)
And, it is fair, because non-premium users always have to make their way through new sets and weapons without nuggets, and you just put more nuggets and have all the new things you wanted.

Even if it's a great game, updating a lot, lot of fun, improving in many ways, it will always make premium AND non-premium users cry once in a while. There's nothing simple here, they make you smile but stab you in the back. I'm not complaining, I understand them and the game, as well. This is the game, better get used to it :)

DeletedUser

i'll pretend that i don't see your reply

just take a look on high hp's, and that's all

So what? tanks exist and so weapons should KO everyone who is not one of them in one shot or what? Having average damage higher than max damage of any other weapon is just...well, this will never get implemented, that's it :)

I always wanted to learn to play chess but never had the time. Sure, great advice and really relevant to this topic ...

DeletedUser

Maybe raising minimum damage up to 120-130 would be ok, anything else is really too much.

DeletedUser2271

4 attributes each?????
Do you know that with that, the damage of the howdah could go, easily, to the 900 head shot?

If you wanted to make it that way, only on level 150 it could be used...

DeletedUser3230

I really cant se why it should be changed. And yes i do have one myself - so that is not why I dont like the idea.

DeletedUser

howdah will still be the best weapon if we look at pure damage. none of the new weapons will reach the 200-dmg-max.

funny advice. after all, chess has more in common with a real duel than anything the west has to offer :p

And basically, with the new weapons that are actually pretty good with both damage and added stats, the gap between howdah users and non-howdah users should hopefully shrink, which is a pretty good thing I think. Howdah users are usually premium players, and anything that narrows the advantage that people who spend gazillions of nuggets and those that can't afford to do that, is a step in the right direction for the game.

who knows how we get to these new weapons? i heard some rumors about new chests with the new stuff inside, and i guess they won't be cheap...

4 attributes each?????
Do you know that with that, the damage of the howdah could go, easily, to the 900 head shot?

adding any attributes won't rise the maximum damage.

the howdah is a compromise between damage and other bonuses, you get best damage but not best skillpoints, that's why sometimes wyatt earps or frank eatons set is preferred by duelers. there is no need to change anything.

DeletedUser

Αctually the shooting and vigor skills affect the damage of a weapon, so if the weapon it-self gives attributes(which include those 2 skills) then theoritically the weapon damage is being increased

DeletedUser

yes, when calculated against resistance. but 2 more shooting won't result in a maximum of 102-202 base damage.

but i think what killado meant was, if howdah was changed to a maximum of 300 it could do 900 dmg headshots, which is possible with a polishing stone. the 4 attributes alone won't do much.

DeletedUser

yes, when calculated against resistance. but 2 more shooting won't result in a maximum of 102-202 base damage.

but i think what killado meant was, if howdah was changed to a maximum of 300 it could do 900 dmg headshots, which is possible with a polishing stone. the 4 attributes alone won't do much.

Yeah, I never said that they'll do much they just play a role in the damage formula.If it was 1 skill for 1 damage then we would all be screwed :lol:

DeletedUser2887

Well why not, got my howdah on lvl 10, then had to level to 70 and now to 100. And u are telling me u want it to 120? Will take no time if all you do is FF,duel and sleep...

Bad idea -10 Think about the players who play on more than 5 worlds...