1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

new quests feed back

Discussion in 'Version 2.07' started by olga, Nov 5, 2013.

Share This Page

1. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I think it is nice that some quest are a little different from earlier - but this time some things are impossible for some players to do.

The time requirement for the sceptic quest and Letters from Nowhere makes it impossible for many players to do. Please rethink those time requirements so that all have a chance.

Earlier I did all quests - but now I have to just forget about some of them on some worlds- Dead mans hand, I am never going to manage.
    The NPC K.O was ok though I think all can manage if they are just a little patient.

I can see that it might be nice to get the duellers to do quests- but maybe you could just give several options on how the quests can be finished so more players have a chance.

I am the first to admit that sometimes quests have been to easy - but now some of them are too hard for some players.

2. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    The time requirements are hard because we have so many players from so many places with different time windows.
    They are thinked for the Server time of each world.
    Unfortunately it´s a way to keep people online around those times (alamogordo was slow this morning because everyone was online checking that new quest...).
    It was fun to remember the days i worked all around to try to find out the next step of the myth... and it showed up right when i was not trying to find it :D
    The dead man hand is a very hard quest for anyone that it´s not a dueler ou doesn´t make those combined duels. (for those, that quest is a super super super easy quest)
    But, if you check some places... you can get 5 wins, the 1 shot ko and the 5 rewards with a not so hard configuration.
    Im not a dueler and don´t have duelling skills and already complete it on 3 worlds. It´s just keeping the eyes open and move on when the opportunity shows up :D (the hardest quest of the DMH can be the last one that asks for something that is not a trip... if you get a super high level of duels with the npcs, you will need to get there and beat it for 5).

Hardest is the Wild Bunch. If you are not a fort fighter, you will not get into any battle on many worlds. Getting 2500 hp is not enough even for medium forts on many worlds. For the smaller ones... double that value and raise some 50% more and may be can get a place. So on those worlds it´s impossible to get into a fort fight.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  3. xDiego

xDiego Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

Main Server:
    NL
    I like the newest quest (from science day).
    Together with 2 other players on amchitka it was nice to figure out how to finish the quest. We had to try out several combinations and several jobs. It's way more fun when there is a challenge. Figuring it out from the little text that we get. When it's on twdb then it's kinda boring because you just follow the steps that are explained

4. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    well feel free to share, I have no idea where to start to find Nitric Acid?!?!

5. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    :D we did that on Alamogordo 1h after the quest was open... until we got stuck on the Fire Cherry that was only available on Wednesday. And the quest is easy for people that know something about chemistry. :D

Ps- There was a date change on the Letters of Nowhere. Now it moved to Sunday (even that there is a wrong word on the telegram) at noon and not Wednesday at noon. Please cancel the quest and accept it again to see the new date.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  6. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Yes - but now the confusion is complete :-D

Hi Jack. I have a hunch that John and James are plotting to steal our keys. They want to get away with all that Bonds we collected. We should meet at the Indian Village and talk about what to do. We should preempt them. How about Sunday noon? Best thing is to meet up disguised to raise no attention. We do not want them to spy on us. I think a fancy slouch hat will be the best choice, you will look absolutely not suspicious. Meet you Wednesday, Jake.

Please find out what day it is - and get it right :)

7. Bluep

Bluep Guest

... it's definiitely NOT Wednesday, as I had to find out right now :/ ... will try again on Sunday.

8. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Would you like more quests similar to this?

9. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Yes, I like that kind of quests too. Only thing I dont like about this one is that it starts at 6- 10 am on a work day. I know others have different time zones - not sure how to solve that - but maybe just make it for a specifik day in week - without specifik time.

10. harres

harres Private

Yes, i love it. Its so easy to look up all the answers on tw-db. Trying to figure out a solution with fellow players is great ! :up:

11. xDiego

Main Server:
    NL
    Yes those quests where you have to find out what job you need to do, with what products are fun.
    The only problem is that twdb always shows the quest before it even start. I think you cannot do anything about that, and we just need the courage not to look on twdb, which is hard because everyone else does look

12. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    :D we already have one that is.... a Myth... that is not complete.

And, if you can, make it a high level that use those very hard to drop things. We have many products that don´t have any use. (a few are used on a craft but nothing more). So there are very few people that do those jobs.

On the report it was say that we would get new recipes. Some can be to do some new products that could be used on some quests. Or use the products that aren´t in use by any craft.
    That would revitalize the crafting and the market.

Or you can make some "special craftings" on a new window. We have the Christmas arriving next month. Some 5-6 recipes could be used to make a Christmas tree or the Nativity scene. And receive something like Rudolph for getting the last stage complete(no market here...Only the recipes could be sold and bought. If people wanted to get to the end, they should need to make the things, not buying it) delivered to the Santa Claus.
    Since there are festivities all around the year, on those big ones you could use that special crafting page. It would only work during a determined time frame. When it ends... it closes and only opens in the next year. 30 days would make a nice time for making, let´s say, 25 products to get the unique thing to deliver at the end (no level here... anyone could make it, if they get the products. The products would be the leveling board of that). (the recipes could start to drop on jobs 7 days before the craft opened and would drop until the last midnight before the crafting closes.)
    Example:
    1 recipe - The pine tree - 20 wood, 2 rolls of cloth, 2 bags of dirt, 1 pot, 10 ornaments and 1 christmas star.
    2 recipe - Pot - 10 clay, 2 documents and 2 lead.
    3 recipe - Ornaments - 5 cotton, 3 wool, 1 horn of a cow and 1 lasso.
    4 recipe - Christmas star - 5 goldust, 10 fools gold, 5 horseshoe.
    5 recipe - Christmas Dinner - 10 trouts, 3 turkey, 10 salmon, 5 ham, 1 warm meal, 4 glass of water, 2 jug of water, 2 oranges, 5 potatoes, 5 tomato and 1 peace flower.
    6 recipe - Christmas cake . 2 cooking pot, 1 tequilla, 1 whisky, 1 indigo, 10 bags of flour, 3 glass of water, 4 sugar, 4 corn and 5 coal.
    (bags of dirt drops from mucking stables (25% per hour). Clay drops from Prospecting (20% per hour))

For delivering to Santa you would need: 1 Pine tree, 1 Christmas dinner and 1 christmas cake. Delivery could only be done between 0:00 December 20 and 23:00 December 26. (the special crafting would close on 12:00 December 26. Recipes would be available on the jobs (10% for 1 hour job with a value of $1000 for the 2-3-4 and $2000 for the 1-5-6) between the last week of November and the December, 20. Recipes could be sold on the market and to the trader. End product no.)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  13. Morphy

Morphy Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

I sure do. I had real fun solving the quest together with Kootjeseetcafe and xDiego.

14. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    That's fortunate, because the wonderful Ilsatheshewolf designed it specifically based on feedback about what would be the perfect quest! Hopefully there will be more like it in the future :)

15. xShteff

xShteff Master Sergeant Former Team Member

Just don't use any spoiler-website and you'll have a lot of fun finishing quests :p

16. xDiego

Main Server:
    NL
    True but most players use that website and then they go spoil in the chat xD

17. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Private First Class Elite Tester

Main Server:
    RO
    Yeah, i also had a lot of "fun" solving it before the quest reached the worlds, with that wrong formula, which by the way is still wrong and misleading :D

HNO3 = nitric acid, definitely should be KNO3 there :whistle:

Anyway, the quest is not bad and lets admit it, in science the mistakes are very often.

18. FricFrac

FricFrac Guest

ok, saltpeter is a salt not pure acid, but then again: it used coal instead of diamond for carbon.
    i'm ok with such "improvisation"

19. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

yes, of course. just keep it solvable (not like myth..that one was a drag)
    PS for FricFrac: coal and diamonds are both pure carbon...just different configuration

20. FricFrac

FricFrac Guest

Science quest is level 50
    all top hats are level 70+ after the update (according to tw-db).
    i don't play one updated worlds. is this info about level requirements true?