1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

New Job System Feedback

Discussion in 'Version 2.04' started by Diggo11, May 5, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Bluep

Bluep Guest

I think there's no need for a ticket - just tested it with some other jobs, it happens only when your labor points according to the old system are -1. (one point more or one point less all give damages < 100%)

Seems you have some division by [nearly] zero in there, something .../(1.00000000001+LP) since the shown numbers are not the same for tested jobs, but all > 6000%

(Can you make that rejected ingame bug report a confirmed one? :D)

/edit: will send a ticket, too - just do make sure it's being read by someone.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
  2. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Regarding product drops, I plan to make these recommendations:

Laying railroad tracks: 450% => 400%
    Clearing the forest: 450% => 400%
    Mercenary work: 390% => 360%
    Mine sulfur: 336% => 300%
    Hunt pumas: 480% => 400%
    Mine lead: 336% => 300%

Remember having 5 gold pickaxes, a silver job ring or higher income premium increases the total drop rate by 50%!

If my calculations are correct, all should still be more or equally beneficial to the higher of 1.36 and 2.03. Speak now or forever hold your peace ;)

3. veteranus

veteranus Private

why you want to do this? let people find their products easly especially which ones are required for crafting. for example wood.

4. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Some of these jobs you can easily find 10 or more products per hour, a bit excessive in my opinion, but I am open to feedback.

5. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    Those are still very high drop rates, far higher than we've ever seen in any in any game version or revision to date. There is a point where it becomes too easy, and I think ten products per hour is past that point.

6. Bluep

Bluep Guest

I can perfectly well live with those subtle changes - as long as you don't reduce it to 1/10th of the current values, it's fine with me :)

And as Diggo & futu already mentioned, that's still better (maybe equal in some cases) than with 1.36, and a lot better than 2.03

Seems I can continue crafting with 2.04 finally.

7. veteranus

veteranus Private

I respect your opinion. Agreed about extremism too. I meant we need crafting products more than regular products. a lot of people reopened their accounts because of this revision. please make a privilege for crafting jobs.

8. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Are there any products required for crafting in particular you feel are too low at the current values?

9. Bluep

Bluep Guest

I'm not vet, but there are quite some products... nearly all former 60/90/120/150 sec jobs :(
    • Berries - 144% (238% 5 golden picks) / hour; so max. 3/h now, in 2.03 ~13/h
    • Horns of a cow - 78% (129%); formerly ~ 7-8 horns/h average
    • Sugar -210% (347%); formerly ~21/h
    ...to be continued for all formerly short jobs. Nearly all of those short-job products are need for crafting (it's easier to list those which are not needed ^^)

/edit: Ok, some of the crafting requirements have been reduced; but in many cases there was no room to reduce since only one product of each type was needed. These are ... a pain in lower body regions now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
  10. Elza

Elza Reservist

The last change is very nice - compared to previous 15s-30min-2h with low-low percents :)

Thank you very much, dear Innogames :)

Didn't try a lot of jobs, but fool's gold, wood, lasso and rolls of cloth made me happy. Still can't find a lot of uses for 15s jobs, but with such 1h jobs I don't care about 15s anymore :)

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  11. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Some are almost too easy - (sulfur) but some are too hard still - worst one I can think of is saws. 109% in one hour. Yes it was also hard in version 2.03

12. Destiny

Destiny Reservist

this new work schedule is beautiful! so I hope that will be the final one! drops are excellent and also the crafting has improved! talented!
    :D

13. Elza

Elza Reservist

I think it's normal. It shouldn't be easy - to find any product you want for craft with high chances. Something should be harder to find. For example, now it is much more easy to find glasses of water then it was in 2.03, but collecting jugs (for field cooks' recipe "jug with water") becomes a little harder. It's look like jugs and glasses just changed there "hardnesses" to find them.

It takes more time then in 2.03 to find the same amount of coal, or flour, or berries, or cow horns - but it takes less time to find skin or wood. And at least now I can be sure: after finishing 1h job I will have 2-4 simple products. For me it's better then to sit near computer and every 4-10 minutes refill the list of jobs when trying to find something small like corn or beans.

New system of jobs and percentages as it is now is normal for me to live and to play.

14. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    I'm glad you said this because it means I don't have to type as much here. Though some shorter jobs may have suffered assuming you previously did exactly 12 five minute jobs, 30 two minute jobs etc., it's often not practical to sit at the computer for an hour straight, not to mention the fact that you will often forget about that tab and miss out on a couple of minutes here and there. In the long run, I'd rather the optimal drop rate (I say optimal rather than practical) suffers a little in favour of convenience and the guarantee of getting those products after doing whatever you please for an hour.

One other thing to keep in mind is that these short crafting jobs couldn't be farmed when you were going offline for the night or some other extended period of time. Now you can queue your four jobs and come back to more than a dozen products in many cases. If they made these drop rates too high, it would indeed be a little too easy in that regard.

15. veteranus

veteranus Private

when you'll share the new quest levels-requirements, job levels, crafting and fort products changes to public?

nope not at all. every crafting product that ı saw has a nice drop value. ty for this. on the other hand some of products still have low drop values, for example; pitchfork %90(without bonus)
    handcuffs %6 (without bonus)
    ect.

but, who cares pitchfork and handcuffs or other useless products, we need crafting ones-or quest requirement ones.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  16. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Some stuff are too easy - like shackles - I get one in nearly every try.
    That is one of the things that makes the game too easy now. - And in the long run - then makes it boring
    And some products - mainly the ones who had a long job time in version2.03 are almost too easy. Sulphur I get 8- 9 in one hour - and fools gold I only get 4. The saws I don't get why the have to be so hard - we till need a lot of them for forts and crafting, and I don't think it is ever going to be interesting looking for saws.

17. Tanch

Tanch Guest

How can i know which job gves the max experience now that everything has changed.. when will all the quets, jobs and such things will be updated on tw.db?? please help thnx

18. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

could you maybe write somewhere new list of required products? :) or is it somewhere posted already?

19. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I think that the daily and repeatable quests still needs a makeover- so that the job duration and the length of job re-queried match. Also it should be possible to complete the quests in a reasonable amount of time.

20. father jack

father jack Private First Class

Damage is still to high. Job clearing the forest. 15% danger. I set 9 x 15sec. To try get the baskets. Come back 2 damage reports from 8 x 15 sec. One 900+ the other a 400+ and a job K0.

What a waste of an energy refill :mad: