1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

New Job System Feedback

Discussion in 'Version 2.04' started by Diggo11, May 5, 2013.

Share This Page

1. father jack

father jack Private First Class

I have always hated 2 hours jobs. From day one of joining the west. I loved when the west changed to 1 hour jobs.

But having tested v2.4. I think 2 hours jobs are great. It really helps non prems. As now they can set for 8 hours at a time. The don't have to login every 4 hours. Plus prems can login every 18hrs.

More if you put a sleep at the end :up:

2. job-update "Ain't, nobody got time for that!"

Hi all!

I'm sorry, my english is not so good, so be patient if you find something "wrong"...

I don't say, that I'm not happy, becouse it is good, that they try to update the game and make it better and better...but they should know, what the limit is, and they shouldn't go over it!

"This new job system is pretty cool, I like it! - said no west player ever." No. :no:

Crafts will be completely worthless, it will take at least twice as long as now. One of my friends is field cook. He serached some coal. He is high-leveled, and without premium it took him hours to find 1 coal! For crafts, he need hundreds of it...And that's only 1 required item. :blink:
    Another example: I'm smith, and I need a lot of cotton. Now, I go for 2:30 minutes and nearly find 1 piece every job. (with silver or gold even more). At this system, I'm already happy, if I can get 1 in 2 hours! After that, I can say: well done bro! ;)
    This "you can do every job for the same time" is very bad. The game was soo colourful with this many job times, various product-find rates, and the many-many ways of skilling.
    I like the job-system, it is not worth to change it. I don't know, but in my opinion the new job system is too complicated and takes a lot of time. (and life-spirit)

And: what's up with the market? This update will kill it, becouse every product will have a sooo high prize, that nobody will be able to buy it! (not as many, as they need)
    This will cause a "super-rage-multi-wave". That means, nearly every player will make another character, and they gather products with it (and give it to the high-level/main character), becouse at low level it is easy. So the 1 player-1 character rule will be beaten up by a lot of people. I'm 95% sure about it, that no-premium users (and premium users) will create another character. I will, that's for sure.

At least, if they create something, which is completely different, they should re-write the quests, fort-building requirements, etc. so they could match with the new job system and the whole thing would become more balanced.

More and more people started to play with "the-west" (already more, than 17million people in the world), but I'm not sure, if this number will increase with the new version!
    This is pretty fun now, I really hope, they don't want to lead in this system. It will destroy the fun for the high-level players. I mean, this update is good for the players on lvl 20-30, but if you level up, it (sorry for the word) will suck more and more!

Thanks, sincerely:

BurgarTheDestroyer,
    the-west player

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
  3. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I must agree with burger destroyer.
    I have written some before - and we have been told that something is going to be changed - but even if you change crafting recipes and what is needed for forts - the game is still very boring - at high levels - if you are not a duellist.

The few positive thing is as I see it. Now the job grave robber is useful again - it did not work as a short time job . Now the job digging for rare gem stones can be used again - you can find something - coal - and gemstones.
    It is nice to be able to choce long and short job times - but 15 sek is to short and ½ an hour and 2 hours is too long - I would prefer 1- 5 minutes ½ an hour and 1 hour.

And for me at level 120 - the droprates on the short job times are useless. And even at the 2 hour jobs- the droprates on the common products are much lower than the old version . 3 - 4 sugar in 2 hours - ? - Zzzzzzz!

I have no challenges left in the game - I can do all jobs (I cant remember reading anybody who wanted that ???)
    The only befit I have from having many work points on a job is that I get more $ and exp - and I dont get into as many accidents. The value of luck is also affected - but honestly- it is too boring if the only thing I can do at level 120 - is to look for items in high luck jobs. - At level 120 - I don't need $ or exp.

Now the game is easy - it just takes a very very long time - and is very very boring.

4. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Umm, Burgar, not sure what planet you've been residing on but the change to selectable work times has been demanded by many players globally. Had you bothered to read the thread, you would also know that many of the issues you raised are still pending changes:

5. ChickenMcGuy

ChickenMcGuy Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    HU
    Diggo, what are think devs products find % raising? On 2.03, all short jobs have got low %, because cost only some energy and time. But now, time is growing, but chance not. Need some balance this, craft became too difficult.
    Have got any news this topic?

6. Sakiz105

Sakiz105 Corporal

We should continuesly gain more percentages depending on the number of pickaxes we have

7. Well, with 2.0 there were loads of people angry because they were forced to click continuously to find some products. Almost everyone said "please return to the old job system" and stuff like this. Now devs returned to the old system but still there has to be someone who is unhappy.

In my opinion 2.04 is really better than 2.03, because players can manage their time in the best way. We still need some rebalancing in product requirements since the drop rates for ex-short jobs decreased.
    Maybe there should be also an advantage in finding products with shorter job times...

8. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    The game designer has produced an initial set of adjusted rates, however they still need to be reviewed.

9. Diggo:

I thought, this topic was created, becouse you can write your opinion to the job system. That means, I can write EVERYTHING here, as long as it is about the job system.
    If you say, that the same problems and the answers are in other topics, then why did you create this? Yes, maybe I've seen the other topics too!
    I thought, this is the golbal problem/idea and opinion sharing topic about it. If YOU want us to write about our opinions, then don't "piss-off" somebody, if he writes something, what other people think too and wrote before. People can have the same problems, why should I keep them to myself, is somebody already said it? Becouse I wrote "the same", you and everybody can see, that not only 1 player thinks, that it is a problem.
    I just can't understand, why they want to destroy these various things they've created...and many players like it.

Sorry, if I wrote something, that sounds "worthless" to you. :(

I don't want to say, that they are doing bad work and everything they wanna upgrade is wrong. Only this is, what really annoys me, AND what I think, would be fair, to make a vote on every server (not on the forum only), so everybody knows, what's going on. Before the upgrades, only we (a few beta players) know about it. At least 80% on the other worlds don't know anything about this and can't tell their opinions. - don't tell me, they should register on the beta server to be able to do this, many players neither know about this server!
    And if they activate the new version, players say: OMG? What happened? I couldn't even say anyting....
    So: InnoGames could put out some information with the login (like easter), that way everybody could get a chance to say, what they mean, and vote on it.
    I like the-west, they are doing a great job, but maybe, they could be more "user-freindly".

Sorry, that this is not only about the job system, but it is not far away from it. If you create a topic, which disgusses an update, like this, you have to know, that other problems can appear too, while disgussing the main problem. This way, more problems can be solved, than expected, and new problems come up too. That's why this is called beta (test) server. :up:

10. Wyatt-Earp

Wyatt-Earp Reservist

New version 2.04

I just think that job tim could be more better with 5 minutes 30 minutes 1 hour and 2 hours, and product finding chances are very small, in 2h i can get only 2x Coal, i think that can be better than current finding chance, everything else is ok to me :) :up:

11. matsancola

matsancola Reservist

Main Server:
    i AGREE also to raise % drops in product items in 2 hours jobs !
    more coal , more oil, more more more $$$.

15secs jobs: i still don't get the use of it - even in real life doesn't exist

better make it 2min - 3min- 5min - 10min but with equal drops in various jobs..
    such as all the "pick tomatoes, oranges, cotton, beans etc" jobs should have a drop product % above 70 , as in real life ...
    oranges 22%, cotton 80% - that was not fair at all

12. Ciccio Pastina

Ciccio Pastina Reservist

About daily quests "wanted: coffee..." fish, teeth and lamb wool. Noway they can be done, unless you find a golden spot for every one of the 4 jobs.
    In my opinion every request should be fulfilled in 1 hour job. Need 10 teeth? Adjust drop rate to get an average of 5 per 30mins.
    Then with 4 hours job you can complete the 4 daily quests. This is similar to average time requested for other daily quests.

13. When I stop a job before the end, it would be good to have a shortest session completed if the worked time was enough.
    Example: I queue a 2 hours job. If I stop after a time bigger than 30 mins, I will complete a 30 mins session with its rewards and costs in energy points. Same if I stop the job in a time between 15sec and 30 mins, I will complete a 15sec session.

This is the same as it was in 1.X versions

14. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Apparently this was discussed during initial planning, but neither our developers nor designers were onboard so you may have an uphill battle getting that implemented.

15. harres

harres Private

I now do three days continuous working as a traveling merchant. I find only products and no clothes or weapons. All my points are towards this job. All the pickaxes are gold. Is this right??

16. xDiego

xDiego Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

Main Server:
    NL
    I don't find much also. This is very annoying. Before the update I found 1 item every 2 jobs. Now almost nothing.
    And at most of the other jobs, I find items but not at working as a travelling merchant.

17. ChickenMcGuy

ChickenMcGuy Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    HU
    I think luck % reduced, but not tested, now very low change to find something, but with 2 hours work is strange.
    Big picture:
    http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130516/Screenshot_96_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

12 jobs and 1 items? I'm adventurer with character premium.

18. Elza

Elza Reservist

I didn't find any other theme about drop rates. So...

Dear developers, please, before reducing chances of drop of any product, pleaaase, try to do some quests with this product yourself. With +50% bonus of clothes I found just 2 berries after 4 hours of job! (If I were lucky I could have 4 berries with 144% of luck for 2h job). It must be very big and very rare berries, almost golden. Don't be ridiculous, please. Chance of drop for such low-level products shouldn't be lower then 50% for 1/2 of hour (without premiums). At 2.03 I can find 2-4 berries within 10-15 minutes and 20-30 energy. So I have 3,5 of hours to restore that energy and to try something else.

The same thing with coal, stones, fool's gold and flour and... a lot of another products that players need very, very often.

A lot of players don't like to duel or participate in fort battles. They like to craft, to work. And they like very much to find something! And this 25% chance (like for 1/2h picking berries) is very annoying even now, in 2.03, with more short times needed to find one corn, or tequila, or beans... - something, we need very often in different quests or craft.

I really love this game, but hate 25% chance and duellers. It should stay a game and not hard job to find 10 miserable berries for quests or craft (10-20 hours and 125-250 energy !!! if you are lucky and nobody KO you). A half of real day only for 2 berries, 30$ and 30 exp!! (4 hours for job and 3-4 hours to restore that energy)

Please, please, please, don't reduce chances for drop for such things as berries, and oranges, and cotton and a lot of another products...

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  19. Sakiz105

Sakiz105 Corporal

we are talking about item not products.I haven't found any item since 2.04 (adventurer + prem)

20. Elza

Elza Reservist

There was talk about products just on previous (number 9) page, so...

And I don't really care about items when I have just 41 level and won't be able do "working as a travelling merchant" another 40 levels. Right now I have (or will have) a lot of quests where a lot of such products needed. Just real fans of The West will be able to gain 85 level (or necessary points in "trading") with such bad drops of simple products.

Last edited: May 16, 2013