1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

New Job screen

Discussion in 'Version 2.06' started by Bad Billy Jack, Sep 7, 2013.

Share This Page

1. 1) The new job screen scrolls the map to the job location sometimes when we choose a job in minimap job search. I actually do not want this, cuz I run down the daily quest list to see distances between the various quest jobs (in the minimap) to see which is closer to my current location. If the map scrolls, I have to bring map back to where I was.

2) Job window closes after selecting job. I use my fastest animal for the first job, then equip the zero speed animal that gives more LP for the 2nd-whatever queue of the same job.

Also, using the number input is not as good as clicking the job many times with the job screen open. The solution I use is to click on the number a zillion times to overflow it, cuz I refuse to do the energy math. The old way I just clicked the job until I ran out of energy.

I do not see the need for this change either.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  2. DonPatch

DonPatch Guest

Agreed :up:

3. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I also prefer to keep the job screen open. Sometimes I do short jobs - to use my energy up and change jobs when my motivation drops - I can only see that in the job screen. When I do this - I often do a job more than 9 times - so I se no point in closing it.

I don´t really care on how you choose - clicking many time on the job or on the + - makes no difference

4. zweig

zweig Guest

it makes a difference, not for you but for the server. this way, the server gets only one command with x times of jobs, in the prior system it got x commands to process. this reduces the load a little (or a little more) bit.

i thought that problem was worked around till now, with the game "waiting" some seconds for more commands before sending them to the server?

i agree, this new idea of closing the job window after starting the job and the plusminus stuff is not the most comfortable way, especially when you cant start the "maximum" amount of jobs without counting them.
    what i mean is, i press 6 times on the plus, without automation premium, but it wont start the maximum of 4 jobs. it just does nothing. and that is really annoying.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  5. Bluep

Bluep Guest

I fully agree! Auto-close is very annoying

I already reported that ingame. (For PA, it works fine. If you have 4 jobs in queue and (try to) add 8 more, 5 are queued and 3 discarded. Guess that's how it should be for non-PA, too)

6. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

I agree, autoclose is annoying.

+minor idea: I would be so much cooler if we could set a prefered amount of jobs instead of always getting 1 and having to manually set to desired amount.
    ++ we could have another button - queue max. possible amount of jobs.

7. xShteff

xShteff Master Sergeant Former Team Member

[​IMG]

What about something like this? You wouldnt have to click 9 times, all you'd have to do is scroll that thingy on the bottom :P

8. DonPatch

DonPatch Guest

How about returning the old system :mad:
    Seriously, what was wrong with it that you had to change it :hmpf:

9. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    If an other way of choosing more than one of the same job can spare us from the spinning guns- them I am in. Just don't let the job window close down when you accept.

10. Bluep

Bluep Guest

yeah, I don't mind the # of assignments choser (it would be cool if it could remember settings, would have a max button & would be a textfield, so you can enter your # by typing instead of only clicking x times)

BUT as already mentioned, don't auto close the window.

11. Felicity

Felicity Guest

The old system was better. Now it's much complicated, I must open the window of jobs many times or I must search the little +.
    It's not simple when I play with my telephone.

Please, don't put it in normal game. I know people with some manual handicap, they will hate.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  12. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

it just doesn't make sense...
    "Lets make giant buttons for better UI control."
    "Okay."
    "Now, lets add tiny tiny +/- buttons to control those buttons."
    "Sure, why not"

duh?

13. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Is there a preferable alternative we could use, where multiple jobs are still scheduled at the same time? (I assume if the window stopped auto-closing, everyone would keep rapid clicking...)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  14. xShteff

xShteff Master Sergeant Former Team Member

:whistle: Nobody said anthing about my idea

15. Felicity

Felicity Guest

excuse me but, it is still not better than the old system... :)

16. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

most players usually want to put on travelling clothes, click 15s, put job clothes, click x times 1 hour. So what about autoclosing after 2 clicks instead of one?
    + that slider mentioned above and set to preferred amount of jobs

17. FricFrac

FricFrac Guest

I can live with this system here, where i do mostly 1h jobs. BUt I do have a character, who does only 15s jobs. That will sure be annoying opening that job window so many times (i ussually use 100 energy on 3-4 jobs).

18. Thadious Pud

Thadious Pud Guest

And even with the window closing all you're getting is still multiple clicks lol I do it every time just reopening the window cause I'm not used to it. Anyways what is the reasoning behind the change? I've never had a problem setting a job cause the server couldn't handle 4 clicks compared to 1.

19. Bluep

Bluep Guest

I don't think so... the old method was the best we could get.
    Now it's even more clicking (and server requests) for me, see this standard situation - non-PA queue with 4 slots, 2 assigned, and I want to assign another job at another location 2 times.

Old:
    1. equip speed set
    2. open job window
    3. add one task
    4. redress for job
    5. add another task
    6. cancel the speed set task @3
    7. add the final task
    8. (close job window/browser tab)

New:
    1. equip speed set
    2. open job window
    3. add one task
    4. open job window
    5. redress for job
    6. add another task
    7. cancel the speed set task @3
    8. open job window
    9. add the final task
    ... and I'm doing that at least 10 times a day. Doesn't sound too much, but if you multiply that by your over 17 million players worldwide ( ;) ) that's quite a number of extra requests.

Only real solution in this situation would be a walk task for job groups that doesn't use a task slot by means of that 4/9 tasks limit. But that's far too complicated, compared to just leave it as it is now.
    (And it's no solution for the case when you want to add more than 4/9 15s tasks, e.g. before a fort battle or for a quick level up)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
  20. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    That's a very good point!