• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

New Gamemode: Assault

the legit

Private First Class
Note: Posted in main server, portuguese, which is why images are in portuguese, I cba to remake those. Posted here because I feel like only this forum matters to suggestions.

Introduction: It is common knowledge that the most enjoyable activities in the game are related to multiplayer, where you interact with other players, such as fort battles, duels and mpis. As such, it only makes sense for InnoGames to introduce new activities of its kind. The ones mentioned above are all PvP activities, activities against other players. But how about an activity together with other players, in cooperation?

I introduce ''Assaults''. An activity that can be summarized as doing work as a collective, a group.

This activity will introduce a new way to get items from previous events, in addition to Christmas and specific events. It also introduces a new way of approaching the work strategy through the choice of ''Roles'' or ''Functions'' that will have to be chosen by the team players.

How to participate: Like the other Multiplayer activities, it will be through the Multiplayer Menu. To balance this activity, would a kind of ''cooldown'' be necessary, for example, a player could only participate in this activity 1 time a week? 2 times per week? Something like that but there would need to be balanced.

From there, there would be a group leader, who could invite 3 more players, to the group of 4.

Assaltos.png

Who can participate? My idea would be a 5-round risk/reward system. If the group succeeds in the first round they can collect the reward or attempt round 2, and so on for up to 5 rounds.

In terms of players and balance for me it would make sense that players of the following levels would be able to complete the respective round:

Level 50 - Round 1
Level 100 - Round 2
Level 150 - Round 3
Level 175 - Round 4
Level 200 - Round 5

The rewards, of course, are also better the better the round.

How it works: The Assault Leader invites the rest of his team and each one has to choose the appropriate outfit and their Role:

Role/Function:
Tank:
The tank player, equip the set of your items that gives you more health. This health will be the health of the group. The more health the more likely the group will survive more rounds. It also introduces a new ''niche'' of equipment aimed purely at health. As the-west always has an element of luck and bad luck it would be something like this: Round 1 - Damage up to 5000 hp
Round 2 - Damage up to 10000 hp
Round 3 - Damage up to 15000 hp
Round 4 - Damage up to 20000 hp
Round 5 - Damage up to 25000 hp

(Always adds each round to what you've already lost in hp)
Total possible damage 75000 hp, which is more than any level 200 player with current gear can put out, which is perfect. We don't want players to always be able to complete the 5 rounds, even if they have the required average level, we want the luck or bad luck factor to be important for the risk/reward decision. Are we going to stop at round 4 and have a reward or, as we already have little hp, end up here?

Damage: The Damage player equips his set that deals the most maximum damage, not average. To be slightly different from battles, perhaps similar to the tank role where you only focus on health, here you can only focus on leadership and weapons and nothing else.

Round 1 - Shot greater than 500
Round 2 - Shot greater than 750
Round 3 - Shot greater than 1000
Round 4 - Shot greater than 1250
Round 5 - Shot greater than 1500

Or equivalent total damage to the health system

These 2 classes will be the most important as they will dictate the success and failure of the group. They are the baseline of the activity.

Roles dedicated to rewards:

Expert:
The expert will dictate how much experience the party receives. It will equip your best experience set. Your bonuses will reward the whole team. If the player has a set that overall gives 250% extra experience then that bonus is added to the base experience that players are rewarded for each round.

Round 1 - 5000
Round 2 - 10000
Round 3 - 20000
Round 4 - 35000
Round 5 - 50000

In this case, with 250% the group, for completing the 5 rounds, would be rewarded with 125k experience each.

Merchant: The merchant will dictate how much money the group receives. Will equip the best set of money. Your bonuses will reward the whole team. Follow the previous reasoning.

Additional classes with different bonuses can be created to further accentuate the strategy each group wants to carry out. (Examples: Class for product drop, class that allows rewarding temporary experience/money/luck/drop buffs, etc.)

Assalto 2.png

Round 1 report:

Assalto 3.png

After each round players decide whether they want to collect the reward or continue:

Assalto 5.png

Did you like the round 4 reward? Would you rather collect than continue to round 5? It is also a possibility.

If 1 player does not want to continue, the activity ends for the group.

Round 5 report:

Assalto 4.png

Reward system with event items:

Each player receives an item. Players receive items from the same set/set, but this item may be different. Example: one player gets a horse but the other can get a hat. Here's the formula:

Round 1 - 1 item from a set of one of the events aged 5 or more years. That is, if the activity is completed in the year 2023, the player receives an item from the year 2018 or earlier.
Round 2 - 1 item from a set from one of the events from 4 years ago. That is, if the activity is completed in the year 2023, the player receives an item from the year 2019.
Round 3 - 1 item from a set from one of the events from 3 years ago. That is, if the activity is completed in the year 2023, the player receives an item from the year 2020.
Round 4 - 1 item from a set from one of the events 2 years ago. That is, if the activity is completed in the year 2023, the player receives an item from the year 2021.
Round 5 - 1 item from a set from one of the previous year's events. That is, if the activity is completed in the year 2023, the player receives an item from the year 2022.

I think that, at the upper limit, if every 5 days / 7 days / 10 days, a player gets 125k xp/$$ and an item from the previous year with this activity, it's not ridiculous.

Conclusion:

Like 99.9% of the suggestions, I don't think this will go anywhere, but I was bored and wanted to implement this idea. Suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Focus on the idea itself and not balance aspects, giving 50k or 100k xp is something of little relevance as they are arbitrary numbers that make the least sense. As the activity can only be done 1 time every x days, however, it makes sense to have good rewards, which gives incentive to participate and have better sets for each of the functions in order to also get better rewards.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Another gamemode where soldiers are the best. Great!
No, i'm ironic, it's stupid. Where is the multiplayer part? You just equip your best set, invite some friends and that's it? 0 strategy? What is this, a joke? And why would I want to wait a week to do something like this? The cooldown is too big. And it's not fun. This is like a group job or something like this, it's not a new gamemode.

the legit

Private First Class
Another gamemode where soldiers are the best. Great!
Fair concern about the soldier class. It could be that no class would have any bonus, being only gear dependent and not class/build dependant and be balanced about it. It could be that different character classes could excel at different roles.

No, i'm ironic, it's stupid. Where is the multiplayer part? You just equip your best set, invite some friends and that's it? 0 strategy?
Obviously this is just a rough idea, the more different classes to chose from the more options to prioritize different goals.

The strategy would be in team selection, role selection, risk/reward of pushing for another round or claiming reward, role selection as I think more roles would make it more interesting. Again, could have more interactive decisions players would have to decide round by round, this is a starting idea.

Sure its not that deep strategy wise, it could be more, again this is just a starting idea.
My bottomline is, I think this game survives off multiplayer interactions and having more multiplayer activities would make the game better.
This is one suggestion, I challenge you to instead of making a mockery out of it, come up with a better one, or a more fleshed out version that you'd enjoy to see as part of a group activity.

And why would I want to wait a week to do something like this? The cooldown is too big. And it's not fun.

The cooldown idea was just meant as a setpoint of balance depending on the rewards. Can't offer previous event items if there isn't a cooldown, at least I thought that wouldn't be balanced.

The amounts for everything are arbitrary and just to give an idea, as I stated in the last paragraph.
This is like a group job or something like this, it's not a new gamemode.

Exactly, as I described in the introduction '' An activity that can be summarized as doing work as a collective, a group.''

Jeremiah Johnson

Private First Class
So....you are breaking into a bank or someones closet apparently? Who are you fighting, bank guards? And they keep clothes in the vault versus money? This sounds like Shadow Raids into Immortal Vaults in Diablo Immortal as a premise, but you've provided no context at all outside of a general game mechanic and that's sketchy at best.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Instead of bashing the guy that tries to suggest an idea about the game and about a possible game feature, maybe better add something yourself, give an idea about his idea , don't say "this is that" and "that is this". Personally I'd play this game mode anytime any day more than Adventures even if the idea is not 100% complete.

the legit

Private First Class
So....you are breaking into a bank or someones closet apparently? Who are you fighting, bank guards? And they keep clothes in the vault versus money? This sounds like Shadow Raids into Immortal Vaults in Diablo Immortal as a premise, but you've provided no context at all outside of a general game mechanic and that's sketchy at best.

Again, this is an idea I'm not going full thesis and detail the aspect of every round, but I agree the more there is to it, the more interesting. Even the mpis started out like this.
Maybe a different sort of instance for every round, beyond just it being a normal group work? I'd love to hear your ideas on how you'd think you would enjoy it.

proto-1.png

Jeremiah Johnson

Private First Class
Again, this is an idea I'm not going full thesis and detail the aspect of every round, but I agree the more there is to it, the more interesting. Even the mpis started out like this.
Maybe a different sort of instance for every round, beyond just it being a normal group work? I'd love to hear your ideas on how you'd think you would enjoy it.

I think this is a very cool idea chiefly because you have cooperation as a premise instead of opposition. I am assuming that having two human sides for this would make the implementation of this more unlikely, but I like the idea of there being a "break into the bank vault" scenario.

Maybe the adversary is the sheriff himself, John Fitzburn and a team of no-name NPC deputies to match the players team. I also like the idea of the different roles for players to match the different reward outcomes you propose. The onus of the reward quality rests on the best selection of gear too. That's also a gem of an idea.

So, the main goal is to minimize the code tech complexity because, as I'm sure you know, the engineering resources Innogames allocates to The West are borrowed engineers from other titles on a limited basis each business quarter...maybe not even that often. With that said I would recommend envisioning a simple GUI without any clickable actions outside of “Start the Raid” once all the players have accepted their participation. Maybe you could have something like the current Duel GUI, where there are “rounds” for the "break into the bank vault" scenario. Each round shows a total “damage” amount caused by each side, a total “value” of loot taken or protected, and maybe the XP earned but the latter two things could simply be calculated in the background and then reported at the end, just like the current Duel GUI. Also, I would say then, you could have a chance to have taken some items, that is Clothes, Guns, Animals, etc from the Sheriff and his crew as well as the main bank vault loot: Money, Bonds, and maybe Nuggets?

It seems like that was your thought process, but I wasn’t sure. If so, I think this could be done by simply duplicating the Duel GUI and code and then of course building this new GUI and modifying the code to accommodate the team aspects you want. If not, I would ask you to consider what I’m suggesting.

I would add that it would be fun to include bounties that get randomly placed on “raiders” whether they win or lose. You could create all new Achievements around this too as well as possibly new sets that give you small amounts of leverage with the "break into the bank vault" game.

If you want I can mock some of this up with graphics.

Last edited: