1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

New Battle Formula Feedback

Discussion in 'Version 2.05' started by Diggo11, Jun 5, 2013.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
  2. moon boy

moon boy Reservist

I have not tested it yet, but surely I will do.

And I have a question about this change: why it was necessary to change the fortbattle formula?

3. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Because the old one would give a 98% victory for the side that had more health than the other. And that there are thousands of players that used the 130 formula and just make fort battles ignoring the rest of the game.

4. Sakiz105

Sakiz105 Corporal

pretty much amazing till now, (maybe change from ^0.6 to ^0.55)
    now give adventurers some love too in ff :P

5. ChickenMcGuy

ChickenMcGuy Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    HU
    This is bad. Hp win again and again...

Need more change.

6. taita

taita Reservist

is not the solution!

the change of exponents will only serve to maximize the impact of health and the incidence of clothes mobtained ​​with nuggets

I think we should do in order to remove any impact to the life, not icrease it...
    :mad:

7. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    With all due respect, that is a highly counterintuitive statement with no supporting reasoning, and contrary to overwhelming opinion: click here.

Personally I agree with Chicken; as nothing but an initial estimate, I anticipate the difference isn't large enough to be meaningful. However, I hope we'll shortly find out that I am spectacularly wrong :)

8. Sakiz105

Sakiz105 Corporal

In my defence,i though that it's amazing that we have higher chance of hitting.That way full hp players will lose hp faster.BUT it seems that luck is still a big factor and going full hp is still a win-win situation.We need changes to the very enviroment of the fort,or a cap-penalty for hp

9. ChickenMcGuy

Main Server:
    HU
    I can make 71,67 Attacker Offense and 61,37 Attacker Defense on ground with my best clothes, all skills on hp without buffs...
    I can make 102,53 Defender Offense and 85,23 Defender Defense on my tower (dueller) at fully built medium fort with my best clothes, full hp, no buffs...

10. moon boy

moon boy Reservist

I agree with chicken, health points are still have the biggest influence in a fortbattle. As a soldier you can have 14k hp and still a good dodging and aiming rate, and now it is even bigger.

You have to put a limit to the amount of hp you can have. For example, maximum 8k hp to soldiers and maximum 5k to workers/duellers/adventurers. In this case, skills will be more important and hp less.

11. henry j.

henry j. Reservist

exactly a pure hp'er has a shitload of stamina , just saying :p

12. If pure HP is the problem, why not change the gun's damages from health points to health percentage ?
    After all, a head shot is a head shot, no matter the size of the head !! :whistle:

13. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

by doing that you will completley remove hp all together and thus open the door to the team with the most tombola guns and GG's would win as there guns would remove a higher %

Im inclined to agree with a few previous posters in that i can see this putting even more emphasis on hp, as wit everyone having better aim there will be more shots landing thus hp will be more important

14. taita

taita Reservist

I apologize, I had not seen that poll
    Now I looked. but, I again apologize ... 49 voters are representative?
    I see that the players in the battles are becoming less
    the fact of having to change the player in full health is how I hear (and I share) one of the reasons.
    I think having a player who has to sleep all day, in order not to suffer duels, alienate players by forts
    it is just my opinion, not representative

but the 2.4 that has unlocked the work without requiring constant changes of skill has hit the target, and approximated players

I know it will not be taken into account, but...
    I would propose that the health points count for work and duels, while at the forts all the players have x life points based on the level (maybe some bonus points based on certain clothes, something to premium players that it should be recognized, but ... do not overdo it ;) )
    In this way everyone could focus on skill that more like

15. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Like i written on the other thread, the only way to take out HP from been the massive point of the fort battles it´s placing a negative point like 10% of your hp would reduce your aim and dodge.

That would make those tanks of 16000 hp to hit 1 in each 10 shots they fire and get hit 13 in 20 shots aimed at them.
    Or the "duelers" that have 6000 hp and can hit someone that has 2500 with a 950 shot...

The 130 rule can let anyone get 6000 hp without counting with the class. This change will make a small dent on that and people will have to make a small reskill to keep the same levels.
    But if a negative point would be inserted making hp a negative point, everyone would get that point... but the ones that aren´t skilled on hp would get a bigger point on the battles.
    Right now for sorting player for a fortbattle is just "who has 5000 or more hp has a place, the other ones can only get in if they are on and have 3500 or more".
    That alienate most people from the fort battles... and keeps getting less and less people on to the battles.
    On a small fort you can find battles where the guy that has lowest hp has 5000... that makes people just get skills into strenght and health just after getting to level 50 or so and just go to the forts.

16. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Everyone's aiming and dodging have been increased equally under the formula. To those you're inclined to agree with: enough from our respective arses, time to run some battles and see what actually happens ;)

17. fafer

fafer Guest

Also, on Colorado.net we are having large fights where there is more then 1.7M HP involved and it is impossible to kill one side. Every fight ends usually with more then 40 players on each side at least. You can try maybe increasing number of turns of large fights so eveyone can have more shooting and fun.

That is, if altering bonus does not work...

Now it's only loads of HP shooting, then trying to rush the flag while loads of HP try to block flag.

18. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

Does that not revert us back to the original problem?? whats the point in my aiming improvement if the fella im shooting at has got an equal dodging improvement??

19. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Both skills increased equally to each user, not equally across all users. Again, what we really need is opinions from people who have seen the system in operation, not hearsay and hypotheticals.

20. ChickenMcGuy

Main Server:
    HU
    I make 94,43 73,33 bonus at defender side on lvl 2 dueller tower.

I think need some bonus points after every 10 points on hiding or stamina and leaderships. Now, after 200-250 points, we get low bonus each new point. Need change this first.
    I have got idea. Every 10 skills points you get extra bonus: at 10 you get +0.2, at 20 you get 0.2+0.4, at 30 you get +0.2+0.4+0.6.
    Now 300 hiding if we use ^0.6, equal 30.63887062800405199719578711652.
    If we use my idea get this: 30.6+93= 123.6

This is enough good.

2nd calculation:
    I'm on full hp, my best hiding clothes give 112 hiding.
    Now 112 hiding if we use ^0.6, equal 16.964099598730561917432432830337.
    If we use my idea get this: 16.9+13.2= 30.1

Look different.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.