• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Name change

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
After some time I wanted to ask a few questions and if possible I want the CM to answer me.

1) Why is name change so hard to do?
2) Why is The-West not like other InnoGames that allow you to change name every 6 months?
3) I have a name that its my email ( not the complete email ) just without @email.com , why am I not able to change my name? It is the same as my email. ( This is an examble )
4) Why when asked about a name change supporters come with the most bizzarre assumption that someone is lying? Did they know them for years so they know they are lying?
5) Why add a whole white paper of Privacy but at the same time support doesn't respect your privacy and wont change your name because they think you are lying?

My opinion and I'm pretty sure most of the players would agree , name change should not be such a big deal , all players should have at least 1 time to change their name ( for any reason )

And one last thing , supports should not jump into assumptions and point a finger to someone and say that they are lying , if you don't know the player yourself you should not make such assumptions , it makes a bad image about the supporter and makes the player feel misstreated for no reason whatsoever , it's sad that there are supporters like this and it's sad because supporters like this will never take the game further but the opposite.....

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
After some time I wanted to ask a few questions and if possible I want the CM to answer me.

1) Why is name change so hard to do?
2) Why is The-West not like other InnoGames that allow you to change name every 6 months?
It's not hard to do, but changing player names ''just because'' is not ideal for a few internal reasons.

4) Why when asked about a name change supporters come with the most bizzarre assumption that someone is lying? Did they know them for years so they know they are lying?
5) Why add a whole white paper of Privacy but at the same time support doesn't respect your privacy and wont change your name because they think you are lying?
Only CMs will do name changes, not supporters or moderators. It is not about the player lying but more so whether the name change is necessary and/or breaking any privacy rules.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Only CMs will do name changes, not supporters or moderators. It is not about the player lying but more so whether the name change is necessary and/or breaking any privacy rules.

Yes I know, my mistake , but why should a CM say that someone is lying when clearly the players name is his real name and for that reason the player can be felt insecure as he didnt know from the beginning that name change is only considered by some factors , the more better question is why should a CM make an assumption without knowing the player?

P.S. This has nothing to do with beta , all supporters and CM in beta are fantastic in their job but unfortunately in other servers like GR for example its a total mess.....

DeletedUser500

There's specific criteria for changing your name that must be met, using your real name is one of them.

Don't know what name you're trying to get changed, but for what it's worth, I also wouldn't believe your real name is Madara Uchiha, so I guess you'd have to prove it to the GR CM who's also a Naruto fan.

People have been asked to provide Identification for name changes with more realistic names in the past.

DeletedUser1406

There's specific criteria for changing your name that must be met, using your real name is one of them.

Don't know what name you're trying to get changed, but for what it's worth, I also wouldn't believe your real name is Madara Uchiha, so I guess you'd have to prove it to the GR CM who's also a Naruto fan.

People have been asked to provide Identification for name changes with more realistic names in the past.
1655593497519.png
Woah man, I'm actually Madara Uchiha. Here's my ID to prove it.

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
name changes never should be available in any game
only by starting over again it should be possible
then players would think twice before choosing a stupid name

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
name changes never should be available in any game
only by starting over again it should be possible
then players would think twice before choosing a stupid name
It should be available at least once , It's not really your fault if you are a young kid and start a game and you put your real name or a really bad name then after years when you grow up want to change it

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
It should be available at least once , It's not really your fault if you are a young kid and start a game and you put your real name or a really bad name then after years when you grow up want to change it
yes it is
you choose the name yourself, so it is your own fault.
remove account and start over then