• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Myth

DeletedUser

Hi, sorry for poor English
but
What can I do to get a unpolished glass??

DeletedUser380

Uhm... Even if the quest designers would actually answer this kind of questions, why would you spoil all the fun in finding out for the answer yourself? ;)
But yeah, maybe a tiny hint wouldn't hurt, we've been stuck at this step for quite a long time now...

DeletedUser

You're right but I'm asking because I'm stuck on this problem!

Perhaps one of the players will tell something because I've tried so many options and still nothing!

DeletedUser

Nearly all players stuck at this step. Some thought about a bug but ashock said that it's completly implemented and that there is no bug.

DeletedUser

Just for your information:

Ashock is the designer of this quest :lol:

DeletedUser2271

Well we could get a sneak peek like:

You need to equip a fire stone and you need a craft item on your inventory.

:)

DeletedUser

Not that obvious, but just send an enigma so everyone can try to solve it and then try to solve this quest.

DeletedUser2271

It wasn´t so obvious but it still let us on a big number of other possibilities and it would get us a starting point... something we don´t have right now.

DeletedUser

Hint like: it is based on reality would be nice :)
Because it will eventually be like that quest with golden colt...:D

DeletedUser

I think I have it solved. I am just waiting for Wednesday to complete the ghost town part.:p

If I am right its a bit of a difficult one. Not so obvious ;)

Nice Jakkals, did you get the polished glass? And how?

/Edlit

DeletedUser

Im referring to the part from molten glass to unpolished glass. Not so certain whether this hasnt been solved yet as everybody refers to the polished glass?

Well hot liquid /glass?? but it also says oddly. So the container must be of a odd shape :D. Im pretty certain what would be a odd shape..but not certain whether I am right.

A liquid setting in a glass wouldnt produce an odd shape it would produce a even smooth shape.

So, you actually don't know how to do it, you are just speculating, right?

I do hope you are right, but I prefer if people just say: I have a guess...

/Edlit

DeletedUser2409

Well, "oddly shaped" means it has to be convex, as a magnifying lens has to be.
It could be plano-convex, or bi-convex, anyway one side ad least must be convex.
More, the container's shape must allow the thin cilinder to be extracted from it, so it must be a open one.
The pan is flat, melting hot glass on it should just produce a flat glass, although it's worth a try-out.
What about the cooking pot? It's worth a try-out too.
Looking at the final proportions of the magnifying glass the lens has more the width of the glass of water, but you can't pour hot glass onto cool glass, they would melt together.
Maybe a refrigerating cloth in the inventory is advisable.

But the real question is which work to do. There's nothing which has directly to do with "cold". Many have to do with water, but the next step has clearly to do with water, so...? :hmpf:

DeletedUser

what does :whistle: mean marian? yes i think water bucket might be a good solution for step 2 but what about step 1?

DeletedUser2409

what does :whistle: mean marian? yes i think water bucket might be a good solution for step 2 but what about step 1?

Mmmmm don't know jakkals, in step 2 instructions refer to the "power of water" and a cloth so I guess something like stream fishing with a cloth equipped.
In step 1 you need something "cold": that could well be the water bucket but still the question is: which work?

DeletedUser1304

guys, why you don't give up? what's the point of solving quest which has 1 trillion combinations and is not fun for anyone.