• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Mega Christmas Bags

DeletedUser2271

Some items (like the coats and belts) already have a different price... so InnoGames has something on there sleeves for next year.

For low level players this kinda of events is not a good thing... but, in 2014, there wasn´t a single set that had a good use for anyone below level 100. For people below that level, there are clothes that are 1000 times cheaper on the stores that help out better than the "special" sets. So this things are for other options on the long run (even that, today, people can get to level 100 in less than 3 weeks of playing...).

About the raven and time, i think they are unique. At least from the ones i know that had bought over 100 bags, nobody got time or raven duplicated. But got all the other pieces more than once. Don´t know if it was luck or it is the single item working, so people cannot just use accounts to drop the things they want and pass them to there main account.

PS- Bought 50 red bags... didn´t got a single winter item. Bought 62 blue bags... got the christmas pants and the time. Hats and necklaces together with shoes and belts can get a big christmas fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I got 220 belts 225 Shoes 310 Hats 260 ties = 1010 useless items at a cost of over 50 Million
Most of the other items were junk to, as jackets and pants that were selling before the Event for 400k plus are now on the market for 50k each
Thats about 200 Jackets and pants that are also useless for a cost of 10 Million
The only decent items and weapons I got were Cullens and Doolins for another 5 Million and they sure don't represent the 65 Million I spent to get them, after discounting all the junk :(

In conclusion, whether using Nuggets or cash, in my humble opinion, this event was a ripoff

DeletedUser3957

I know people who got several time items or even ravens, or even outlaw rfles, all unsaleable :mad:

Looks like interesting items are very rare like jackets pants and even more for winter event items...

But for all people complaining (that should become a job when we see some complaining all the time for anything :D) :

TW is a community game. Therefore if you're a social player and friendly one, you probably have nice friends who spend nuggets or many dollars and who gathered many redundant items...they could sale interesting items to you for a cheap price or even exchange them against items from you....or even lend them to you

DeletedUser2271

Just found someone who got 2 time in 430 bags opened. So they drop multiple. :(

Probably the drop was like the labour day item on the old bags... 50k to trade those things for another bag?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3460

Maybe the Raven and Time are prototypes for the next generation of items in 2015, not only wont you be able to sell them, perhaps there will be only certain periods of the day where you can actually wear them ... :eek:

Jacob Greathouse

I got 220 belts 225 Shoes 310 Hats 260 ties = 1010 useless items at a cost of over 50 Million
Most of the other items were junk to, as jackets and pants that were selling before the Event for 400k plus are now on the market for 50k each
Thats about 200 Jackets and pants that are also useless for a cost of 10 Million
The only decent items and weapons I got were Cullens and Doolins for another 5 Million and they sure don't represent the 65 Million I spent to get them, after discounting all the junk :(

In conclusion, whether using Nuggets or cash, in my humble opinion, this event was a ripoff
I got a few Ravens, which, if I could sell, would help me offset my losses on this event as well.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
I'm relatively sure our game designer deliberately set the horse & saddle components to be non-auctionable, however we can see if there has been an error or change of heart after the holiday season. No guarantees, of course.

in 2014, there wasn´t a single set that had a good use for anyone below level 100. For people below that level, there are clothes that are 1000 times cheaper on the stores that help out better than the "special" sets. So this things are for other options on the long run (even that, today, people can get to level 100 in less than 3 weeks of playing...).
I strongly disagree, for better or worse. I've been playing a new character this year, slowly working my way almost up towards level 100, and I recall few sets that weren't superior alternatives. (Specifically, the fort battle damage and resistance sets.) Yes, the upfront cost is greater, but unlike shop items they need not be replaced every 9 levels. Most competitive forting/duelling towns will be happy to give you a loan of spare parts or older sets, while there were a couple of chances to get cheap jobbing sets if you worked smart and played hard.

Well for many players even 50K for a bag is way off. Most players under level 100 have no part at all in this event. On small national servers only maybe 5- 10 players can afford anything that cost above 1 mill.
In my opinion, this was mostly covered by the answer Papa gave earlier. If you cannot afford to buy from the sale itself, nothing is stopping you from obtaining the items by other means, eg through the market. Overall, the sale has drastically brought down the cost of past event items, which is only a good thing for progressing low level players who could not afford the original prices. Even if the new supply is smaller on smaller worlds, it's certainly not causing supply to shrink, and unfortunately it's fairly unavoidable that social role playing games like The West just work better with more people.

PS- Bought 50 red bags... didn´t got a single winter item. Bought 62 blue bags... got the christmas pants and the time. Hats and necklaces together with shoes and belts can get a big christmas fire.
I have no idea about the 2013 bag, but the Christmas Set parts are no less likely to drop than their equivalents, so it sounds like you were due for some luck!

DeletedUser2713

I`ve spend over 9millions $ and not even completed new Christmas Set...Great job InnoGames,really good job .

null

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
I`ve spend over 9millions $ and not even completed new Christmas Set...Great job InnoGames,really good job .
I believe that the set is supposed to be rare, otherwise you would complain like The-Iceman that the winter set is too common, too cheap on market, and you couldn't get your money back on it. (Even if it was pretty obvious that this is going to happen, since is the second time we had an event like this)

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I believe that the set is supposed to be rare, otherwise you would complain like The-Iceman that the winter set is too common, too cheap on market, and you couldn't get your money back on it. (Even if it was pretty obvious that this is going to happen, since is the second time we had an event like this)
Where did I say that the Winter Set is too common, too cheap on market and you couldn't get your money back on it?
Stop quoting me, unless you have proof I said that :(
I have good reason to complain sometimes and if you don't like it too bad
I would never expect you to take the players side, even if they were 100% right
It has always been your nature to be controvertial and the fact that you don't like me sure doesn't help

Last edited:

null

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
Where did I say that the Winter Set is too common, too cheap on market and you couldn't get your money back on it?
Stop quoting me, unless you have proof I said that :(
Read what I wrote, The-Iceman. And you did complain about the items being too common, and too cheap, right here:

I would never expect you to take the players side, even if they were 100% right
I'm just trying to find a reasonable explanation for this situation, and I'm trying to not complain as much as you do.

It has always been your nature to be controvertial and the fact that you don't like me sure doesn't help
"Stop quoting me, unless you have proof I said that :("

DeletedUser3951

I think it is okay that they make some of the things unsellable, but they should make them unique at the same time... if I got 2-3 Ravens, I would be annoyed, very annoyed.
But honestly, I think this entire event is crap, and won't be buying any of those bags, since I don't want to pay 40000 or 50000 for something I end up selling to the vendor for 500.

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal

LOL, are we supposed to feel sorry for you wasting 50-65 million???

In my humble opinion, this event was a great way of taking some of the nuggeteers' surplus cash out of the game. :up:

DeletedUser3230

Did you end the event before time on beta ?

now we can just see a blank window with some bells

DeletedUser2271

For me it´s working. 1 day before finish. The bags moved to the last 2 positions of the event table. (the red bag jumped page)

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team

They had disappeared, I re-added them manually, so everything will be there except the single rotating item.