• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Light Sabers??

• Thread starter Jacob Greathouse
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Looks like something is coming May 4-6. Maybe a nugget sale with bonus items? open the shop and look at the banner ads on the bottom.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
There is indeed a small sale planned during next week, the details of which we will announce then. Although it is finished, the stuff you see on beta right now is all outdated dummy data; it will be corrected when the beta is brought to the latest version.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
What is InnoGames's goal Diggo11
Is it to have an event or a sale every month now? :)

Next there will be Cannons introduced for fort battles that will be designed to damage forts, requireing Fort Construction to repair them

Then Winged Horses - Stage Coaches or Steam Powered Automobiles to get around the map faster

Maybe some Buffs to allow you to get dueling bullies arrested and put in Jail
Then they can go to the SHOP and buy a Buff to get themselves released, or stay in Jail for 5 days :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser3689

i like the honesty in saying they are for collectors not domination and its good to see these types of items, but as novelties, I think the price is a bit steep

DeletedUser3460

Like the idea of having exclusive items for sale, infact it wouldn't phase me in the slightest if there were half a dozen new items on sale as per the Light Saber format every month or fortnight, my only beef is their practical use, 0.8 damage per level for this current crop of weapons is below the current norm, that being 0.9 damage for set weapons (Spending 750 nuggets per weapon you should at least be able to show it off in some practical sense). I like the idea of them not being world dominant but I would suggest to make them or future like sales more relevant/relative to current gameplay mechanics, there are collectors who collect for a hobby but at the same time their are collectors who collect on the basis that their items may be of better use/value in the future. This current crop is purely for the hobbyist in my opinion.

NB: Props for the concept and designs but big thumbs down for their practicality.

DeletedUser

It would at least made some sense to have some named oldwest style guns..
but lightsabers and stuff like that? disappointment one after another..

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
i like the honesty in saying they are for collectors not domination and its good to see these types of items, but as novelties, I think the price is a bit steep
Personally I don't mind the idea either. This game has had novelties like the pink tutu and rocketing turtle right back since 2008-09; adding more is water off a duck's back compared to further "must have" event sets.

DeletedUser3689

Personally I don't mind the idea either. This game has had novelties like the pink tutu and rocketing turtle right back since 2008-09; adding more is water off a duck's back compared to further "must have" event sets.

adding items is not really the problem even if they are just for collectors, its more about the price or lack of a bond option to purchase them that i think most have an issue with

DeletedUser3460

How many sabers have you purchased, Diggo? :P

Increase the damage to 0.9 and double the Aim/Tactics in this current batch of weapons and you have a competitive stand alone weapon that holds its own 1 on 1 with other stand alone weapons and when paired with a non aligned Rifle it not as strong in comparison to some of the duelling weapon sets. With items/sets evolving like they have been, it will only take a few months for the weapons to basically become as useless as the Pink Tutu.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Not sure what your point is, but if you're not interested in collecting novelties then feel free to give them a miss; there's enough people out there who wouldn't just mind a "useless" tutu.

DeletedUser1406

How many sabers have you purchased, Diggo? :P

Increase the damage to 0.9 and double the Aim/Tactics in this current batch of weapons and you have a competitive stand alone weapon that holds its own 1 on 1 with other stand alone weapons and when paired with a non aligned Rifle it not as strong in comparison to some of the duelling weapon sets. With items/sets evolving like they have been, it will only take a few months for the weapons to basically become as useless as the Pink Tutu.

I bought two of them, just because I've always wanted a lightsaber :p Also, if the tutu is so useless, then why last time the Romanian team made an unique action, and gave away a bunch of Tutus, they were sold for millions?

DeletedUser3460

Well, these sabers can't be sold, anyhow, I was referencing more the practical use of the sabers, I like the idea of exclusive items being presented and on a regular basis at that, since The West-Walmart has been made a part of the game all I am suggesting is to bring such items into the field of play which in turn may bring more shoppers into the store, the designs are great and if they were of more use I would probably buy one as well. As it stands, there's a few areas of the game that need addressing and instead we are being presented with fairly useless items that obviously take away resources (programmers and like) from the game. Just an opinion, it's not a witch hunt.

DeletedUser

do you really want to compare admin items which won't ever be available for a normal player (turtle) and items that are extremely rare (tutu) and for most people just as impossible to get as the turtle to items which can be bought via a bunch of nuggets? i don't think that's a fair comparison, even if the sale is limited to two days.

make that turtle available for nuggets, you'll make more money than with any glowing sabres which attract only a small percentage (star trek fans :p ) of the player base.

i'm not the hardcore collector guy, but i would give my left kidney (or at least some kidney stones) for a tutu, because that's something you can't buy for nuggets.

DeletedUser3843

I bought two of them, just because I've always wanted a lightsaber :p Also, if the tutu is so useless, then why last time the Romanian team made an unique action, and gave away a bunch of Tutus, they were sold for millions?

Well I agree on the fact that light sabres are collectibles and meant for collection purpose only. Stats don't matter, there shouldn't have been any proper stats in fact. Could have been like +10 Blast through a door, or +10 Knighting. (Just like stats of the Wood Magician's set). While people don't understand that they are meant for collection purpose only, I'd strongly disagree with them being compared to tutus. Tutus were never available in shops like this way. They are very hard to find and that is what makes them special. It's more the joy of "finding" a tutu than owning one. You can find a Star wars sword here if you have the wallet open. Not so for the pink ballet tutus.

There's a lot of difference between the availability and value of tutu and those junk shop swords. Please don't disrespect the tutus by comparing them with the swords.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
do you really want to compare admin items which won't ever be available for a normal player (turtle) and items that are extremely rare (tutu) and for most people just as impossible to get as the turtle to items which can be bought via a bunch of nuggets? i don't think that's a fair comparison, even if the sale is limited to two days.

make that turtle available for nuggets, you'll make more money than with any glowing sabres which attract only a small percentage (star trek fans :p ) of the player base.

i'm not the hardcore collector guy, but i would give my left kidney (or at least some kidney stones) for a tutu, because that's something you can't buy for nuggets.
The unfair comparison is selling the bonuses of the rocketing turtle against selling the insignificant bonuses of the collector items. Comparing the novelty aspect of these items (notably the tutu) is the valid one, as well as the bunch of other such items that exist. There is a regular turtle, for instance; fairly sure no-one rode that in reality... or did many of the things Hollywood western movies depict.

DeletedUser2996

There is a regular turtle, for instance; fairly sure no-one rode that in reality... or did many of the things Hollywood western movies depict.

hqdefault.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

In life nothing is sure, perhaps only death ?!

Last edited by a moderator: