• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Let's talk about Fort Battles, Adventures and Duelling

DeletedUser500

I agree with you but Adventures can be fun. duels is either the luckier wins or just attack people with work clothes or 50 levels below. Strategy elements are gone. But in adventure and ff strategy and adaptabilty still plays a big role.
Agreed, duels as a 1v1 come down to luck with minimum strategy (stance, feels meaningless in an era with 1000+ aim) - a fort fighter in duelling clothes does just as well as a dueller in duelling clothes with the high skill-point RNG - but team games have up to hundreds of these 1v1 RNG battles at once, so it's not as noticeable plus there's significant strategy involved.

I can't agree that Adventures are fun, though - as Raider said it never left the alpha stage.

Deleted User - 117528

Why resistence doesen't work against players on leadership? I mean, with 550+ resistence i still take from damagers the maximum damage they can shoot, no damage reduction at all.

DeletedUser500

Why resistence doesen't work against players on leadership? I mean, with 550+ resistence i still take from damagers the maximum damage they can shoot, no damage reduction at all.
What HP are you at with 550 res? The incoming damage is reduced by 550(+) but a damager will hit a lot higher than 550 as their base damage.
It "doesn't work" because a regular (non-critical) shot for a high quality damager vs a tank is 1500-2000 damage with no diminishing returns on higher and higher leadership values.

Deleted User - 117528

1590 hp and i take ~520 dmg./hit from damagers.

I know how formula works, you can shot maximum 33% from max. hp. so why i take the maximum damage with that amout of resistance?

DeletedUser500

Maybe the actual shot (after your resistance is applied) was somehow still higher than that, and it defaulted down to 33%?

Ridiculousness of leadership + crits in 2021.

Deleted User - 117528

That's what i'm saying.. resistance it's not effective against leadership.

SisterAbigail

Reservist
It works the other way around. Lets say a player would damage you for 1100 in case you had zero resistance. If you have 550 resistance, then it is 1100-550, which is 550. I imagine it is still more than the 3rd of your HP, therefore the damager causes the maximum damage you can take.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Hi Everyone,

There was a time, when the leadership does not existed as a damage increase in fights. In those times everyone was complaining about that, the HP is deciding factor for the fights and nothing else needed just tanks all around the fort... They introduced the leadership damage bonus which has worked somewhat at the time and there were a little more balance during fights, but then they started to introduce these new sets which has not been thought trough, but made lots of money to InnoGames... The problem now that, they have lost most of the players because of it... They still delaying introducing new formulas (well there is no formula in the works or in consideration) so if you ask me they will lose even more people. I only hanging here to see what the 3.0 will bring, but if no changes to the fights might as well can close the game... I have spent more than 1/4 million nuggets over the 12 years of playing, but last year I have stopped buying stuff, put all but 1 character in vacation and waiting... But I have to tell you know, I don`t see this game will improve, just degrade... And if that is the case I rather spend my money elsewhere!

Regards Pimpa

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
I have passed on the feedback in this thread regarding Fort Batlles and the Fort formula. As soon as we have any news on this subject, we will let our player community know :). Whilst it may take some time to work on, for example, the formula, please do feel free to submit any ideas you may have on this subject and I will be sure to pass them on :).

Deleted User - 117528

Hi Everyone,

There was a time, when the leadership does not existed as a damage increase in fights. In those times everyone was complaining about that, the HP is deciding factor for the fights and nothing else needed just tanks all around the fort... They introduced the leadership damage bonus which has worked somewhat at the time and there were a little more balance during fights, but then they started to introduce these new sets which has not been thought trough, but made lots of money to InnoGames... The problem now that, they have lost most of the players because of it... They still delaying introducing new formulas (well there is no formula in the works or in consideration) so if you ask me they will lose even more people. I only hanging here to see what the 3.0 will bring, but if no changes to the fights might as well can close the game... I have spent more than 1/4 million nuggets over the 12 years of playing, but last year I have stopped buying stuff, put all but 1 character in vacation and waiting... But I have to tell you know, I don`t see this game will improve, just degrade... And if that is the case I rather spend my money elsewhere!

Regards Pimpa

The worst part is that they actually see that everyone is complaining and simply don't care bcs. if they would care after that much talking about problems on forum.. there would be some improvements.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
I have an idea... Lets try something what works?

I see the main issue at the moment that nobody would like to be tank... For example on the servers where the fort fights still hanging on there are almost 50% of the fighters are duelers on leadership... Apart from them no soul enjoy the fights... They are too powerful... Their "power" need to be reduced by taking away some of the damage they can cause... The 10% critical hit at the beginning of the fort fighting era was around 500-600 extra damage, now it is 3500-4000. So at least that would need to be addressed... Also the chance for the critical need to be reduced...

With all of that the leadership should be less significant as well for damages... When I first started to play at fort fights I have had around 6500 HP and that was enough to take at least 20 hits with NO RESSISTANCE... Recently because of the damages I have had similar results with 30k+ HP and 400+ resistance... I understand that the HP had to be less significant, but instead of having horrendous damages for individuals it could have been more hits for the collective so everyone can enjoy the game not just certain people...

I would rather get 5-6 hits in between 600-800 than 1 with 4500. I know it is less to dodge, but at least not just 1 person would enjoy hitting the tanks, but the other 4-5 people who also caused damage... Just need to increase the chance to hit and lower the individual damages if you ask me...

The previous formula for the damage reduction went to the right direction, but it was far from perfect... I would say for top damage it should not be over 1000 and the HP should not effect that much what your damage can be, but need to be more hit at the fights as well.. Of course you cannot hit everyone all the time, but the damage caused in between players need to be distributed a bit better

Regards Pimpa

PS: Adventurer bonus need to be adjusted or reimagined as well... Resistance bonus or critical hit immunity, something along these lines...

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Curious if this ever reached to somewhere..

Sooo.. Let me try to show what's these Suggested Formulas actually do, with up-to-date (slightly rounded) values

HpSpecsBeforeAfter
1590 (No-Hp)​
1700 setting traps​
300 resistance​
100 resistance​
7000​
1700 setting traps​
75 resistance​
120 resistance​
14000​
1000 s. traps (Pure Hp & Mobility)​
21 resistance​
45 resistance​
25000​
1000 s. traps (Pure Hp & Mobility)​
12 resistance​
23 resistance​

Ps. 1000 Hiding isn't possible to reach with same Hp values as J.Cortina doesn't have Hiding and R.Livingston doesn't really offer anything else than Hp.
While this isn't an issue for Soldiers (it is an advantage even, with these suggested formulas), it is a bit of an issue for others.

HpSpecsBeforeAfter
1590​
1800 leadership​
2.13+​
1.88+​
7000​
500 leadership (Set only)​
1.07​
1.35​
14000​
1.03​
1.04​
14000​
700 leadership (Set + Sp/Ap)​
1.05​
1.27+​
25000​
1.02​
1.0​
Ps. Tanks get very little Leadership from their Sets as of late. Hp sets having a little bit more LS would be great.
On a side note, I still don't like "Sector Damage" bonus being multiplied as it makes things even more Set Dependent..

So yeah, even though they ain't perfect, these Formulas make AP distribution relevant, offer different and decent choices via trade-offs, make things slightly less dependent on Sets.
In other words, no more lazy jack-of-all-trades, "One Skill to Rule them All" Sp/Ap spam.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
If you ask me nothing ever going anywhere... It is just a fraise they using to shut us up :D
If it's going through LCM.. Since she seems to be doing all the decisions, even though she lacks the experience and knowledge of PvP..
I wouldn't be surprised.

Idk in which company LCM decides development/content anyway.
It's ridiculous and lame.

Should've let Diggo do/finish his job.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Its fun how dueller at level 50 with set for works can crit more often than hit example in soldier 150lv 25K HP with cortina+summer spirit :)
2 random crits and bigger dmg than other class with fort builds xD
Honestly , i dont play dueler , i dont like it , i like to be a tank and get hit to protect , but man , when i registered on beta and went as a dueler , i went only in 1 fight with full captain set NO WEAPONS and from all the shots i missed , i managed to pull of a 3.9k crit somehow ( bare in mind that i was 42 level NO CAPTAIN WEAPONS ) only full capt set .. ridiculous

Deleted User - 21782

Are there finally any plans to nerf the Cortina set ?
Defense advantage is ridiculous, there are worlds where not a single attack has been won since November.
Maybe remove the flat defense bonus on the single items.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Don't nerf Union but nerf Cortina? Are you serious? :njub:

That's the only Tank Set that is decent enough on Towers (and still sucks on ground) that allowed holding them for a while.

They had a chance to somewhat balance things with a decent Attacker Tank set (Wilson) and they made a "meh" one.

Otherwise Damagers hit like a truck as usual.
(It's just Union is OP when defending too)

It's still side-effects of unfinished Fort Battle balancing of last year though.
Tanks were supposed to hit a bit higher and more often at the very least.

But the LCM that quitted recently had stopped testing.