• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Let's talk about Fort Battles, Adventures and Duelling

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
I think a very easy fix for the battles now would be to go back to the old numbers for attackers, 50/100/140. That should be enough for attacks starting to win if they fill. And it would be better/easier to adjust than a normal InnoGames solution which just pushes the balance to the other side like a yoyo
Also to help attacks I really really hope we will see a tank attack set for easter. Nothing overpowering like Cortina but maybe Livingston with a higher chance of hitting AND a big personal damage bonus. As a tank I am now doing 2-4k damage in attacks. With upgraded union weapons....it's just not enough. As the set would have a lot of hp it would cancel out the damage bonus and as it is personal no damagers could take advantage of it. I strongly believe we need to readjust the damage-dealing at battles.

Let's make fortfighting great again!
I will pass this on. I'll try to make them both happen :)

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Hi,

Couldn`t find the right topic to ask the question of the support team, but is there any further news about the level cap extension and the new fort battle formula ( as the new fort bonuses looks like a bit overwhelming to help the defending side)?

Regards Pimpa

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Hi,

Couldn`t find the right topic to ask the question of the support team, but is there any further news about the level cap extension and the new fort battle formula ( as the new fort bonuses looks like a bit overwhelming to help the defending side)?

Regards Pimpa
We are still working on implementing the new level cap and all of the updates that come with it. Unfortunately, we do not have a set date for the release. All of the feedback provided thus far regarrding a change in the Fort Battle formula has been passed on, but unfortunately I do not have any new news on this matter.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
We are still working on implementing the new level cap and all of the updates that come with it. Unfortunately, we do not have a set date for the release. All of the feedback provided thus far regarrding a change in the Fort Battle formula has been passed on, but unfortunately I do not have any new news on this matter.
Thanks for the quick response... Waiting patiently :)

John Wick

Private First Class
If a worker can dodge like that in the ATTACK with Cortina's Set than an Adventure should must dodge every battle over + 500 shots.
Even with a level 2 Cortina set, lots of attributes and premium as a soldier on SoldierTower in DEFF, I don't come close to such results.
It's a joke that with a defensive set in attack, as a single person, you can employ almost all of your opponents.

The balance is a joke.
These fort-fight formulas are a joke.
The game is a joke.
The developers are kidding.

I'm lost for words. The only logical consequence now would be to boycott the coming fort battles. Thanks for nothing!

But hey! Keep making new sets with horses riding and construction.

Download.png

Last edited:

vioste

Reservist
If a worker can dodge like that in the ATTACK with Cortina's Set than an Adventure should must dodge every battle over + 500 shots.
Even with a level 2 Cortina set, lots of attributes and premium as a soldier on SoldierTower in DEFF, I don't come close to such results.
It's a joke that with a defensive set in attack, as a single person, you can employ almost all of your opponents.

The balance is a joke.
These fort-fight formulas are a joke.
The game is a joke.
The developers are kidding.

I'm lost for words. The only logical consequence now would be to boycott the coming fort battles. Thanks for nothing!

But hey! Keep making new sets with horses riding and construction.

View attachment 412
Depends of enemies ...if there are only hp players than it is normal to have a lot of dodges.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Well, the problem of the fort fights started with The-West 2.0 mainly, when they started to introduce the even more powerful sets one after the other, and the whole thing just kicked off when the Union Officer set got into the game. From that point on they try to do something, but nothing works... The recent sets giving you far too many skill and attribute points/damage bonuses and this wont be changed... Also they want to extend the level cap as well... They lacking imagination that is what happening... Not enough players so they have to keep pushing the nugget sets... that will cause more people to move away from this game...

The best innovation would be if the game would go back to its roots when the premium users haven`t had such a big advantage, so EVERYONE could enjoy the game.

Regards Pimpa

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Back to the formulas... Is there any news about the introduction of the formula what we have tested ages ago or that is completely in the discard folder? :)
Nothing at the moment I'm afraid. As soon as there are any new developments, we will be sure to announce them.

DeletedUser500

al35ul u are a joke :)))) damn maybe add unionist set for dueller vs cortina no chance :))) nice balance

While I agree with the sentiment that the Cortina set is only in existence to counter the Union Officer set, and they've admitted UO is far too strong for the game yet won't tweak its stats, or even just changing the sector bonus to a personal bonus, to be more in line with the power creep -

this has lead to two classes of players in the game now: those with the two elite sets,
and where most of the player-base is now: those without.

- I have to jump in and say that Community managers have as much control over the content of this game as we do as players (a lot of them have never even done a fort battle so wouldn't know where to start with the problems the game has now), so don't be a fool calling out the wrong people, who possibly don't know much about our game, and are not accountable for the mistakes and incompetence of others.

Additionally, I read a cool article recently that's relevant to the west, "About 5% of gamers generate half the entire revenue from the boxes", "Young men are the most likely to use loot boxes - with young age and lower education correlating with increased uses", "The report said that many games use a "psychological nudge" to encourage people to buy loot boxes - such as the fear of missing out on limited-time items or special deals."
"Our research therefore demonstrates that games developers, unwittingly or not, appear to be generating outsized loot box profits from at-risk individuals (these are likely to include both people with gambling problems or problematic patterns of video gaming) - but not from wealthy gamers," it concluded. "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-56614281

Tombola's exploit poor kids and addicts confirmed. Science. Stop participating in them and demand a return to sanity and balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
You mean..
You (legally) can, but you are not going to..

Yea we got that already. It's been 2 years with that set ruining FFs.

The real irony is of course Beta not being used for testing and balancing.
Then you say this, lol.

Last edited:

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
it hasn't been for years.
look at all the buggs and how long it takens to fix them?
on a beta server it should be done as fast as possible to check the further game play.
every dev connected to the west??? has one factor in common
they really don't know what they are doing

DeletedUser500

As the set is premium and has been purchased by players for the stats it originally had, we cannot change them to something else.

I understand not wanting to change the stats to be inline with the content of the game because it may annoy a small portion of the player-base who are disproportionately advantaged, however may I suggest a quick read through the General Terms and Conditions then?

7.2 All the Games, Services, Premium Services, items or currencies we offer are reworked and updated at our discretion to ensure that they remain attractive for the largest possible circle of users.
This study suggest that just 5% of players in loot-box games provide over half the revenue. This is not a large circle of users, it's a tiny portion of gambling addicts and vulnerable people. If you disagree, can I ask for data that proves Union Officer set is owned by anything close to a majority of your users? I'd even accept 10% as a significant enough circle of users to ease off this line of accusation.

7.3 We reserve the right to discontinue the operation of the Games or parts thereof without giving reasons
You can give reasons, the sets are too powerful for the game. You've already stated as much and the intention to not sell this set again.

Even the very first article disputes your claim here:
1.4 We are entitled to change the GTC and other provisions with effect for a future date. We will only carry out these changes for an important reason
The functionality of the entire PvP system in a PvP game is a very important reason, in this PvPer's opinion.
Cortez is equally problematic, it was available during the worst loot-box event of the year and only a minority of players have that.
Continue to cater to the people with those sets, and you are alienating 95% of the user-base, because they can not compete in PvP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser500

Idk why they be lying about that though.
because the small portion of people they risk alienating by balancing their sets are their cash cows that provide over half of the gambling revenue - the gambling addicts and the players vulnerable to aggressive gambling tactics such as limited time items.

I understand from a capitalist perspective, the need to keep this borderline abuse going.
I still think it should stop and make the game a game again, attract the gamers back and make it fun again...

A fun game is how you make money in the gaming industry without abusing gambling mechanics like an EA developer's wet dream. The West used to be fun :(

Apotequil13

Reservist
I saw that on some local servers, at least on the Romanian one, strong battles are organized periodically at the Awesomia fort. Fights that are never balanced because the registration is not done in an equal number of attack-defense.

Why not come up with a random registration way to balance the number of players on both sides?

I also reported this issue on the local forum, but the administration team is not exactly the best ...