• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Let's talk about Fort Battles, Adventures and Duelling

I have to disagree with this... You maybe cant use it, but most definitely not sucks...

I could carry on, these are just a couple to mention.

If you need some lessons please feel free to contact me ;)

So that's how you achieved it. By playing against a defense who has 18 duellers and by standing between an empty ST and WT far away. Let alone the fact that you're only getting shot by 1 dueller, who, by a coincidence, is a tank. On average you got hit for 102 damage. Why haven't you mentioned all of that in your original post? I wouldn't have wasted my time to do the research.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Let me guess. You're playing on a fresh world, have 70 levels advantage comapred to average player, bought Cortina level2 with nuggets, went full hp and now you feel like you owned the game. Yet I'd bet you just hide at the backline waiting for a warm spot on tower to farm dodges. :njub:

PATHETIC.
I know how hard it is to dont know how to do it on the first world of the Hungarian servers... I thought you might want to learn, but the only thing you can do is abuse people, congratulations :D

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Thought we already talked about such things few pages back.

Edit:

Apparently same person..

No surprise that he ain't playing in .NET

I`m on beta server, but not 150 yet... only started in May 2020, but just there for checking the new formulas... Dont like bullies :( They think they know it all, but when it comes to it they only can abuse... Not to worry :)

pimpa1977

Private First Class

So that's how you achieved it. By playing against a defense who has 18 duellers and by standing between an empty ST and WT far away. Let alone the fact that you're only getting shot by 1 dueller, who, by a coincidence, is a tank. On average you got hit for 102 damage. Why haven't you mentioned all of that in your original post? I wouldn't have wasted my time to do the research.

Yes that is how... All the offline damagers should have been at the south west corner... I supposed to be there to protect them while they shooting, since this is the only half decent reply instead of being over abusive... Worth to mention looks like nobody here can ask, just get offensive with the comments... Have a nice day :)

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Thought we already talked about such things few pages back.

Edit:

Apparently same person..

No surprise that he ain't playing in .NET
We talked about the damage a few pages back, but you said the cortina set is useless, or to use your words "sucks" on ground... I only tried to point out the fact it is not much difference apart from a little less dodge and a little less hit in between the offensive or defensive site... It only depends on the number of duelers, damagers see you how effective the set is... So I still not agree with your opinion...

Nevertheless if you starting to be abusive again than I think I will just ignore you :D Not worth my time try to help :)

Apotequil13

Reservist
Of course not, but similar amount what everyone can do as a defender on that server... That is what I tried to point out...
I avoided 318 as a defender. You could take into account that on the attack there are over 50 focus on leadership players, therefore sometimes it can be difficult even on defense

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Dodging always depends on how many leadership focused player shooting at you and that would be the decisive factor... The Cortina sets strength in the resistance and the health points it gives... Of course you should have the summer spirit set to work to its full potential...

Over the years I have tried different skills... regardless of where I have put my attribute and skill points the most dodges I had when I have had all my points on strength and HP and the clothing gave the most resistance and health... Because clothing always have had enough points on other skills needed... If I have tried to focus more points on dodging or hiding, setting traps (or even going back to the old days when the stamina and hiding were the secondary skills), still got less dodges regardless the higher defense points... Even after the first formula changes where they tried to reduce the importance if the healt points...

I was really excited about the new formula which got "deleyed" because that would have stirred up the fort fights a bit... But had to realize if it would have come in to play in that form, that would give too much benefit to those who bought "nugget sets" ie: Union officer...

I would love to see changes, mostly the adventurers need some improvements and the duelers need to get their 10% critical or the chance for the critical hits reduced...

Also if you are a tank you cannot cause any damage if you haven`t got someone in your sector with damage bonus as my resistance for example around the 430 mark, that is why I have achieved that many taken hits ...

Newez

Reservist
@Al35ul CM
Can we get some information about what's going on with Fort fights (mainly new formulas / other kind of balancing)? Can you atleast confirm, that you are aware of the situation and working on it? Really any glimmer of hope, cause fort battles are nearly dead since Cortina's set became auctionable.

Don't get me wrong it had been mess already before that. Winning defense was hard (but possible with a lot of online hp and good leader)... But now it is impossible to PLAY the attack. Doesn't matter if you're a tank, sniper, what gear you have. You just stand there on the ground, can't hit anything, can't go anywhere (won't charge through blocks). It's really frustrating and (atleast on czech national servers where I play) fort battles are slowly dying.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
@Al35ul CM
Can we get some information about what's going on with Fort fights (mainly new formulas / other kind of balancing)? Can you atleast confirm, that you are aware of the situation and working on it? Really any glimmer of hope, cause fort battles are nearly dead since Cortina's set became auctionable.

Don't get me wrong it had been mess already before that. Winning defense was hard (but possible with a lot of online hp and good leader)... But now it is impossible to PLAY the attack. Doesn't matter if you're a tank, sniper, what gear you have. You just stand there on the ground, can't hit anything, can't go anywhere (won't charge through blocks). It's really frustrating and (atleast on czech national servers where I play) fort battles are slowly dying.
Feedback regarding the recent impact on Forts due to the Cortina set has been gathered from all servers however, whether or not this means that changes to the formula will be made, I cannot say (because there has not been enough information regarding it).

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Winning defense was hard
They were impossible to win for .Net and now almost imposible to win an Attack
But not because Damagers are lacking damage. They hit hard as usual and stack a good deal of total damage regardless. Although yes, Defender ones got the upper-hand for the most part, especially Union Officer owners.

Tanks of Attacking side however ... No hit or damage, nor dodge whatsoever. Unless they somehow get on Towers.
This doesn't mean Tanks of Defense doing "great" but comparatively much better than Attacker ones, being on Towers.

For the interested:

Last edited:

Newez

Reservist
...whether or not this means that changes to the formula will be made, I cannot say (because there has not been enough information regarding it).

Thank you for honest reply

They were impossible to win for .Net and now almost imposible to win an Attack

I actually created a new account on en15 yesterday to get a view outside of national servers. The fact that attack now is being easier compared to defense before Cortina sounds unbelievable to me

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Before..
In .Net, Defenses almost always ended as a slaughter within 35-40 rounds..

Now..
It's not an easy task to kill all Attackers if they aren't lacking the numbers and all.

You are free to check old battles via Westforts.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
So I was thinking... The bonuses has been increased and then the cortina set came along... that has changed the course of the fort fights... But before the cortina set we were testing the new formulas which never got introduced.... What if we could test the new formulas again on the new sets and tower bonuses? I think we could have a better picture and might be the formula could be considered to be brought to the light again?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
So I was thinking... The bonuses has been increased and then the cortina set came along... that has changed the course of the fort fights... But before the cortina set we were testing the new formulas which never got introduced.... What if we could test the new formulas again on the new sets and tower bonuses? I think we could have a better picture and might be the formula could be considered to be brought to the light again?
Not sure if this will be possible in the upcoming months, but I will pass it on. :)

Guiri

Corporal
I think a very easy fix for the battles now would be to go back to the old numbers for attackers, 50/100/140. That should be enough for attacks starting to win if they fill. And it would be better/easier to adjust than a normal InnoGames solution which just pushes the balance to the other side like a yoyo

Guiri

Corporal
Also to help attacks I really really hope we will see a tank attack set for easter. Nothing overpowering like Cortina but maybe Livingston with a higher chance of hitting AND a big personal damage bonus. As a tank I am now doing 2-4k damage in attacks. With upgraded union weapons....it's just not enough. As the set would have a lot of hp it would cancel out the damage bonus and as it is personal no damagers could take advantage of it. I strongly believe we need to readjust the damage-dealing at battles.

Let's make fortfighting great again!